Gas Problem solved - Water4Fuel

B

baranor

Tell them that they need to make a flamethrower.

And water as fuel? Didn't the steam engine solve that problem? (Rather inefficiently, though)

no it did not. water was merely the pressure agent. wood, later coal, later oil provided the fuel for steam engines.

Chewbalka

Reaction score

its possible but i aint gunna bother to visit that page to find out if its the same thing or works in a diffreant way then hte above video shows it might be possible.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
I invented a car that runs on human stupidity and ignorance... I must say thoes are both resources in abundance.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
It won't work like they say it does if this one works at all.

Hydrogen would be created with this: 2 H2O + energy(1) ---> 2 H2 + O2, with the energy being an electrical input. The gas burns: 2 H2 + O2 ---> 2 H2O + energy(2).
Energy(2) would be what makes the car run, but Energy(2) can't exceed Energy(1) unless it violates thermodynamics, which, although I may be wrong, I don't think this system will do.
SO, if this were to work, it would essentially be running off the battery.

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
Ye cannae break the laws 'o physics, Cap'n!

Minor bump as this little doohicky takes pride of place at the #1 spot of Cracked's new article: 6 Retarded Gas Saving Schemes (People Are Actually Trying)

Energy(2) would be what makes the car run, but Energy(2) can't exceed Energy(1) unless it violates thermodynamics, which, although I may be wrong, I don't think this system will do.
Energy 2 cannot exceed energy 1. The First Law of Thermodynamics states that energy cannot be made or destroyed; only transferred (I think).
This whole concept is completely and utterly flawed, the website's claim that "1883 gallons of combustible gas!!!" (Quoted word for word, punctuation mark for punctuation mark) can be made from a single gallon of water is not only A) technically impossible but B) technically wrong anyway since Gas isn't measured in Gallons. If it was, I seriously doubt you'd want that sort of gas flowing through it, based on its nice ability to burn your face off at the slightest spark.

The guy does get some Kudos though, for coming up with the most ridiculous and obviously false name I have heard in a long time: Ozzie Freedom :rolleyes:

UnknowVector

I come from the net ... My format, Vector.
Reaction score
>B) technically wrong anyway since Gas isn't measured in Gallons.

In the US it is. Unless you mean gas as in methane. We say gas for gasoline over here. Its all so very confusing.

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
If you actually want to save gas, I recommend this.

A) technically impossible but B) technically wrong anyway since Gas isn't measured in Gallons. If it was, I seriously doubt you'd want that sort of gas flowing through it, based on its nice ability to burn your face off at the slightest spark.

Atleast we don't drive on the left side of the road and say "Ello, mate!"

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
The Gas he says it turns into is Gas as in Hydrogen (Oxyhydrogen to be precise).
It's flammable properties would help make any car look like a mini Hindenberg, given a small flame.

Atleast we don't drive on the left side of the road and say "Ello, mate!"
That's completely and utterly unrelated to anything I said, I must ask, why did you feel the need to say it?

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Well I was confused because I didn't know what you meant by gas because it could have been gasoline, but then I wasn't sure and I really wanted to post that way to save gasoline. Then I thought you were making fun of the fact that we called gasoline gas, so I really just said something to say something. :eek:

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Aparently this works.
This person I know converted his car, he gets like 75 MPG.

Varine

Reaction score
I'll go put it in my car and tell you what happens.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
The guy in the Wikipedia article that was killed was trying to do it for $1500.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
didnt they try to make a car run off water in like the year 1999? as i recall:
water car = big boom x.x

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Water = Hydrogen.
Hydrogen = Flame that goes up, not around.
Less damage to car if big boom.

Varine

Reaction score
I don't think it matters where the flame goes, there's still going to be a huge concussion and a fucked up car.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.