Gimp or CS3

DhAoS[ARRC]

Reaction score
ok apparantly i found out today that my step dad has photoshop CS3 lol...but i'm still learning gimp =[ should i go ahead and get cs3 though?

undeadorcjerk

The Ulitimate TheHelper.net Lurker
Reaction score
cs3 is a tad easier to learn, and it is more powerful.

GIMP is simplistic.

Most people would say cs3. But stick with GIMP untill you learn more about it, then experiment with cs3. w/e one you like more you could use.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
CS3, definitely. Unless you want to learn GIMP first since it is kind of like a photoshop but just less powerful. CS3 is the best way to go though. Extremely powerful. CS3 is better than CS2 and GIMP so CS3 ftw probably.

DhAoS[ARRC]

Reaction score
hahah i'll get that copy of CS3 from my step dad. but i wanna learn the ropes of photo editing programs =] even if it is harder XD

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Gimp is free and open source.
CS3 is proprietary and it costs around $600.

There is no notable difference. There is no feature that accounts for how much CS3 costs compared to a completely free product.
And no, despite what people tell you, just because something is free doesn't mean it's limited or bad in any way. PSP is just better known.

Edit: Check out this article, seems like a good read.
Basically if you're a home user Gimp is more than enough.

DhAoS[ARRC]

Reaction score
hahah i already have cs3 though, but i do want to learn gimp [so i don't have to install another program taking up even more memory =]

ArmedCitizen

Kisses Cats
Reaction score
hahah i already have cs3 though, but i do want to learn gimp [so i don't have to install another program taking up even more memory =]

Who says you have to have both installed at once?

I use Photoshop CS3 but that is just because I'm used to it. It really doesn't matter which one you use. Photoshop has a lot of tutorials everywhere, though, I had a tough time finding GIMP tutorials.

DhAoS[ARRC]

Reaction score
i have a lot of gimp tutorials at my finger tips =] gimp.org and many other tutorials that people have given me. But it's final i'm sticking with gimp. i can leech the cs3 off my server at any time =] [if need be]

DhAoS[ARRC]

Reaction score
ii can get it any time i want. i just gotta ask my step dad to give it to me =] it won't go to WASTE. xP it just won't be used.

Whitesock

Graphics Help Zone Moderator
Reaction score
There is no notable difference. There is no feature that accounts for how much CS3 costs compared to a completely free product.

There is, a large difference. Even though I am a GIMP fan, it's because without it I wouldn't be posting here right now.

Go for CS3, it's a great product from what I've read up about it.

but i do want to learn gimp

Using CS3 is almost like learning GIMP. I could probably pick up photoshop now and do most of the features because the programs are very similar, except for a few key features.

So yes, go with this quote.

Cs3......

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.