Global warming - climate change - bullshit?

Faust

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Please refrain from commenting or debating or whatever without watching the video all the way through.

Personally, I actually enjoyed it, it's very educational, it explains a lot, and although I may not agree with ALL its points, I think everyone should see it.

After watching the video, let's see how this debate could work out.

EDIT: woops I missed a "?" in the title..

Last edited by a moderator:

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
always have been and always will be climate change.. we can't change it
and It's not ours fault.. it's alot of bullshit so called expert say.
But sure one thing, some country could decrease the smoke from factory a bit.
Just for peoples health.

Btw : nice video@Faust

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
always have been and always will be climate change.. we can't change it
and It's not ours fault.. it's alot of bullshit so called expert say.
But sure one thing, some country could decrease the smoke from factory a bit.
Just for peoples health.

Btw : nice video@Faust

Its not that the climate is changing its the rate that the climate is changing. If you look at the temperature of the world, how much carbon we put into the atmosphere. Both follow one another.

We should take responsibility and change it, instead of debating it. Its already too late to prevent 'global warming' we can only slow it down.

- added the "?" to the title BTW

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
Global warming in my opinion is a definite threat, but a threat that can be contained and perhaps even eliminated if we actively seek ways to eliminate it in our daily lives. For example, if we could cut down on fuel usage and car pool or rely more on public transport, there's a large source of CO2 production reduced already.

The effects seem to be not as dramatic and life-changing as it's made out to be, but I believe they could play a part in our future.

Although I'm always hearing about global warming & w/e, I can tell you for certain the only difference I notice is that it's a little hotter in mid-summer, and colder in mid-winter. Then again, I am in the South African Highveld :p

PS: Has anyone read The Supernaturalist by Eoin Colfer? He paints a very bleak, polluted future for us in that book.

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
If we stop all carbon emisions now it would take 150 years for the temp to stop rising.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Its not that the climate is changing its the rate that the climate is changing. If you look at the temperature of the world, how much carbon we put into the atmosphere. Both follow one another.

We should take responsibility and change it, instead of debating it. Its already too late to prevent 'global warming' we can only slow it down.
The climate changing..
Why the dinosaurs really died out? really, It was another climates on that time
later it was ice time whatever it called and now ones again the climate changing.. Its part of nature.
You see always be changed of climate. even if you not want it..
and I heard its not that bad what they said before about carbon and soo on in the atmosphere anymore, isen't that strange?

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
Global warming is not a "Apocolyptic" problem. It will make our lives harder so naturally we work to fight against it.

Basically. We should learn to reduce our carbon footprint without the perspective of "The end of the world is coming"

CatCat

Reaction score
Reminds me of
[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/T69TOuqaqXI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/T69TOuqaqXI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T69TOuqaqXI

Zakyath

Reaction score
Wasn't the oil supposed to run out, according to the very same scientists not long ago?
Didn't we stand before a new ice age 50 years ago? and 40 years ago. And 30. And so on. And now... it's getting to hot?!
Haven't we been told that we will die hundreds of times the last 50 years, because of the climate. We're very alive at this moment, as far as I'm concerned.

Faust

Reaction score
Epic fail at posts #3 #4 #5, who most certainly ignored the
Please refrain from commenting or debating or whatever without watching the video all the way through.
Line.
Or they are just plain stupid/deaf/blind?

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
Seeming as you asked, I have a cap, and I'm not going to sit through an entire hour of online video before I answer. If you don't want my opinion, just say so, I thought you might want some insight from someone further away from first-world countries, that's all.

Faust

Reaction score
What you said is utter crap, not insight. No, I indeed don't give a damn about your opinion, especially without seeing the video. It's 1.5 hours actually, and if you can't sit and watch such educational and very well made piece of scientific literature, you must be having some problems.

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I didn't watch the video but all I got to say is : It's F##king 109 DEGREES IN CALIFORNIA DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!

Zakyath

Reaction score
You can't really except everyone to watch a video you enjoyed just to discuss.

Why not have a debate instead, where everybody's opinions are worth something, and just let that video remain a source?

Faust

Reaction score
There is no opinion that will change a nature.
The video is not just a source, it's the fountain of explained proofs.
I started the argument where we all think global warming is bullcrap. If he doesn't agree, he should not post.
And actually, I expect everyone to watch, even if you hate every minute of it.
I think it's every people's obligation to know the truth about such an important issue.

Zakyath

Reaction score
You said yourself you don't agree with all points! Then how can it be absolute fact?! And why is just this video absolute fact, and not any other source? Source critique is waste if you only are critical to some sources.

>If he doesn't agree, he should not post.

Aren't we allowed to post if we disagree with you? What? That's just silly.

Faust

Reaction score
I didn't say it's absolute fact :nuts:
It is a piece of well made science collection of proofs... Tells you exactly what and how works.

Also, I didn1t say he can't post... I said he shouldn't.
Please stop putting words in my mouth.

Zakyath

Reaction score
Neither did I say that you said he can't. Stop putting words in MY mouth.

>The video is not just a source, it's the fountain of explained proofs.

I fail to see much difference between something that's more than a source, and a fountain of explained proofs, and an absolute fact. But you're right. I was wrong there. And I'm truly sorry.

But how can you be so sure that this fountain is the correct fountain?

Faust

Reaction score
Which side would you take?
1: GLOBAL WARMING HURR DURR
2: Global warming you say? Let's look into it...
1: Ok..
2: Hmm, the results and proofs say otherwise, here is another theory, that works, and sustained by proofs
1: GLOBAL WARMING HURR DURR ENVIRONMENT TERRORISTS DERP DERP DERP
2: Excuse me?
1: HERETICS, NAZIS RAWR

Ioannes

Oh man, I shot Marvin in the face.
Reaction score
I didn't say it's absolute fact :nuts:
It is a piece of well made science collection of proofs... Tells you exactly what and how works.

Well, I can certainly tell that my personal observations support the existence of Global Anthropogenic Climate Change - rains in Bulgaria being more extreme, winters being warmer and having a smaller number of days with snow... And also the reported CO2 emissions worldwide... And the fact that CO2 is a greenhouse gas... It all fits, so I believe in the claim that contemporary human activity is changing climate worldwide.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.