Technology Google goes social with Facebook rival - Google+

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Google, the king of Internet search but a bust on the social front, launched its rival to Facebook on Tuesday, a social networking service called Google+.

"Online sharing is awkward. Even broken. And we aim to fix it," Google's senior vice president for engineering Vic Gundotra said in a blog post about the long-awaited social networking initiative from the Internet giant.

Unveiling Google+, Gundotra stressed the ability it gives users to separate online friends and family into different "Circles," or networks, and to share information only with members of a particular circle.

"We'd like to bring the nuance and richness of real-life sharing to software," he said. "We want to make Google better by including you, your relationships and your interests."

Last edited:

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
I don't think it will ever take off, sololy because of the name. "Oh hey man, whats your Google Plus account name?!", it just doesn't have the rhyme that "Oh hey, whats your Faceboox account?". Lol

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score

FACEBOX

Attachments

• magos10.jpg
    magos10.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 237

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
Well I'm joining, whether or not I use it, i'm just a google fanboy.

FANBOYS, UNITE!

I signed up, just to see what it's about, just like I did for the Music beta (which I did end up getting an invite for, so yeah).

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I got invited and clicked the link in the e-mail and it brought me to a blank page.

Awesome.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.