Reaction score
cool. I'm for it.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
> I have resisted this for a while

Why so? :D

This site is forum based and chat reduces the number of posts in the forum and draws people away from the forum. It is a competitor to the forums even though it is on the same site.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
This site is forum based and chat reduces the number of posts in the forum and draws people away from the forum. It is a competitor to the forums even though it is on the same site.

Yet its still probably the best way to get help is the forum if I notice anything from the Hive chat is that most of the time we just sit around talking XD
No one ask for help that much, they go to the forum for that

and if they do need help we mostly just redirect them towards another thread or tutorial etc.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
What you could do is use the IRC for small questions (like the "how to go over level 10" we get from time to time) and if they have a bigger question, you can ask them to post it on the forums.

Of course, It's not warcraft only :p

I'm glad we're getting an IRC. Idle FTW (or not)

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
You got a new server ages ago. :p

A few months ago actually.

Just 10 words... FINALLY! There is a chat thingamabob woot spam spam spam.. :D

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
It was not even an option on our server until we got this one. The fact that we can host the chat on our server is the reason we are considering it. Plus, Acehart apparently knows how to set it up and if he was not setting it up it would not happen period because nobody else around here could do it.

U are a noob

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
It was not even an option on our server until we got this one. The fact that we can host the chat on our server is the reason we are considering it. Plus, Acehart apparently knows how to set it up and if he was not setting it up it would not happen period because nobody else around here could do it.

I see. The way you had explained it was that it was always consider but the server couldn't handle.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Thank you Acehart!!!!
and TheHelper!!!!

and everybody!!! :D

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score

I could. :) I'm sure others around here could too. :eek: It's really not that hard if you use a free chat script, etc.

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
He's talking about implementing the vbulletin system into IRC so if someone registers on thehelper.net he can logon IRC and he can be banned from IRC and thehelper.net / ect . I don't think he wants a free script.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
He's talking about implementing the vbulletin system into IRC so if someone registers on thehelper.net he can logon IRC and he can be banned from IRC and thehelper.net / ect . I don't think he wants a free script.

If it ends up like that would be so cool. I have personally not seen the implementation but its coming....

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Well if you still got your vBulletin subscription, check out vBulletin.org they got plenty.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
I remember suggesting this a LONG LONG time ago.
Anyone know of a FF IRC Client?

Insane!

Shh I didn't edit this, go away.
Reaction score
Honestly i do belive the helper probably shouldnt have a chat
because in a chat i can't edit what i said :p
(sarcasm)

Reaction score
About my nick..

Well.. It's quite stupid that my nick cannot be found by searching.. so I cannot be ignored. Because of the "Ü" as the first letter.

So is it possible to make it so that this forum knows the "Ü" letter, or then simply someone could set it (refers to my nicks first letter) to "U".

Also.. I cannot do the registeration in the chat because of this I suppose..

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> someone could set it to "U".

This could be done, yes.

> I cannot do the registration

That's normal. For now...

Though, this opens up a couple of questions... hm...

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.