Hero Contest #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
Theres still 18 days left from apr. 30. Better make it fast if your hero takes a long time to make.

Only 18 days? I barely got anything. I tried, but my talent for making up spells appears to be more advanced that my talent for acualy making them.:) I gotta hurry.

Ashcat

Hellooo
Reaction score
So you can edit your hero any way you want until the 30th? I was under the impression there was a limit on that.

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
So you can edit your hero any way you want until the 30th? I was under the impression there was a limit on that.
No; you can edit your hero until the 30th.

Squishy

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I think they was asking if there was a limit on the number of times you could edit your hero. By the way, there isn't.

garet10

Reaction score
Emmh

I just made something really quick I won't win anyway. Can you make more contests? Easier ones, or just more. I am playing WoW and using the Map Editor, Trying to get out of playing City of Heroes. If you make more contest I am sure I will only play Warcraft - like game.

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
wow im so pissed off right now........
my map got corrupted or screwed up ...again
i think it happens everytime this startup error occurs.........

knight, i'll tell you within a few days if im dropping out, cause this is ridiculous..

jonadrian619

-___-
Reaction score
I just finished just 2 of my heros spells coz of my map-making stuff... I hope i've got enough time to finish the other spell and the 'ownage' ultimate..

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
I think I'm out of the contest. I tried, and tried, and tried, but I just cant seem to get the things I want working. I'll have to try it another time, if my level of triggering is higher.

Elumork

Reaction score
My Hero:
Proper Name: Malen
Name: Frigid Mortal
Primary Attribute: Agility

Malen - Frigid Mortal.jpg

Made some changes so check out my final post of the map :thup:

jonadrian619

-___-
Reaction score
Holy s***, now even my laptop won't start.. Don't know the reason why and I can't seem to fix it, everything is intact.., it started just a while ago..

There is still a chance of recovery, I'll ask if my uncle can fix it, if he can't then I'll go to some pc repair service. If i cant really recover my map, then I'll have to remake it from scratch in an internet cafe. Besides I know how the triggers are done.. I'll see if I can make it..

To other contestants out there good luck!!

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
Why is the long time limit?
It takes like 3 days to make a hero.

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
The official spell contest had a time limit of two weeks.
That is just to make one spell.
Making a Hero with 4 spells, plus balancing and stuffs deserves at least three weeks imo :)

Exfyre

hmm...
Reaction score
Finally! I think I've finished my hero - so here is my submission.

Recap:
Name: Frosty the Snowman :thup:

pretty kewl hero (especially since it is frosty the snowman).
i made up for the bluntly "unique" name. check the map =D

EDIT: fixed a bug that might cause a 0.5 second stunning time to become a 6 second stunning time.

EDIT: screenies (yay)
69010_FTS01.JPG
40491_FTS02.JPG
69046_FTS03.JPG

EDIT: If your wondering why the images won't show up - it's because imgbite.com has been suspended D=

Attachments

• Hero Contest - Frosty the Snowman - Exfyre.w3x
    49.4 KB · Views: 344

jonadrian619

-___-
Reaction score
no way 10-20 minutes for me.
It takes me 2 weeks to make a decently balanced and polished hero with triggered spells.

My laptop needs to be reformatted. For now I'll borrow my mom's laptop to remake my hero and add the rest of the stuff and try to make terrains for my next map.

Anyways I've been observing Wc3c's great Hero Contest #2 where pairs of artist and coders will compete against other pairs for the best hero, in fact some have already submitted WIPs of their heroes and here's one I saw, the Plague Beetle.

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
Exfyre, I think your skills will be a lot better if u change the model of the rolling skill. You might use the ancient protector model with blue tinting. So does the ulti. I love the idea.

Exfyre

hmm...
Reaction score
Exfyre, I think your skills will be a lot better if u change the model of the rolling skill. You might use the ancient protector model with blue tinting. So does the ulti. I love the idea.

Nice ideas - but that would produce unwanted sideaffects. If i use a different unit for the art of the rolling skill, i would have to either hide the hero or make it stay in place and change tooltips to actually making the snowball instead of being the snowball, which kind of ruins the skill... Also, the hero needs to be targetable while the spell is taking place. Also, why use the protector model? i's not very snowball-like.

tx 4 comments =D

Squishy

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I updated my Hero again. As usual map can be found from first post. My ability ideas still suck xD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.