Hide hero, keep icon.

Grags_1977

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to hide a hero so the user cannot see him. BUT I want the icon to still show. So I can add the trigger... "Unit Is selected"

I've tried...

Stats - Sight Radius (Day): 0
Stats - Sight Radius (Night): 0

The icon is there, but the hero is unselectable. If I set the sight to 150. The triggers work brilliantly, but obviously, i can see the hero's.

As allways any help will be greatly appreciated and rewarded with a sloppy kiss :thup:

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
ever tried using a dummy hero with a blank model or 100% transparency?

johnnymra

Reaction score
Try a different sight than 150? maybe 50 would be enough... Yet i do not understand the purpose of a player not seeing his own hero... could you elaborate? Maybe we might find another way to do it.

inevit4ble

Reaction score
I thought just Hide/Unhide wouldn't affect the icon. That's what I see in DotA.
That is a fact, but he wants the player to be able to select the hero, which will not be an option with Hide/Unhide.

The blank model idea IMO is the way to go. (eg. When you import a custom model incorrectly and the hero is invisible but still selectable)

Grags_1977

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Thanks a lot guys.

I created a .txt file and renamed it NOTHING.mdx worked a treat.

+reps and sloppy kisses to all.

Thanks again !

EDIT: Owe you a rep GFreak (Have to spread it about)

MP®

Reaction score
otherwise, just trigger it so, that when you select it, you immediately deselect it or something

GFreak45

Reaction score
otherwise, just trigger it so, that when you select it, you immediately deselect it or something

He wanted to be able to select it without seing it, he wanted the model to be gone basically, if that were the problem i would have recommended locusting the unit

and grags, be carefull doing this, you wont be able to click on the unit to select it if it is in your screen, and you wont be able to target it with non-autocast spells or attack it with something other than autoattack

GFreak45

Reaction score
That is true, but how do you kill that which you can not target? :p some sensai shit there... and yes I get what you are saying, but that is just a start after that I would ask him to elaborate more

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.