Codes:
Trigger:
  • Holy DestructionCast
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Roar
    • Actions
      • Set Unit[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Triggering unit)
      • Set Range[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = 500.00
      • Set Point1[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Pause (Triggering unit)
      • For each (Integer Loop[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))]) from 1 to 7, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Trigger - Run Holy DestructionLoop <gen> (checking conditions)
          • Set Range[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Range[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] - 71.00)
          • Wait 0.04 seconds
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 360, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Integer A) mod 30) Equal to 0
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Create 1 Footman for Player 2 (Blue) at Point1[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] facing (Real((Integer A))) degrees
              • Unit - Add a 4.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
            • Else - Actions
      • Set Group[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Units within 912.00 of Point1[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] matching ((((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True)))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Group[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing 1001.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup( udg_Group[GetConvertedPlayerId(GetOwningPlayer(GetTriggerUnit()))] )
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation( udg_Point1[GetConvertedPlayerId(GetOwningPlayer(GetTriggerUnit()))] )
      • Unit - Unpause (Triggering unit)
      • Set Unit[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = No unit

Trigger:
  • Holy DestructionLoop
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer B) from 1 to 12, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 360, do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                • If - Conditions
                  • Unit[(Integer B)] Not equal to No unit
                  • ((Integer A) mod 8) Equal to 0
                • Then - Actions
                  • Set Point2[(Integer A)] = (Point1[(Integer B)] offset by Range[(Integer B)] towards (Real((Integer A))) degrees)
                  • Special Effect - Create a special effect at Point2[(Integer A)] using Abilities\Spells\Human\HolyBolt\HolyBoltSpecialArt.mdl
                  • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
                  • Custom script: call RemoveLocation( udg_Point2[GetForLoopIndexA()] )
                • Else - Actions

Other:
I would like to point out that there were no custom models used in order to make the spell look so wow :p

Attachments

• Holy Destruction.w3x
    12.9 KB · Views: 268

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Well, for the first it's not MUI, but MPI (Multi-Player-Instanceable) ...

Also, it's WAY too powerful, so I'd suggest reducing it's damage ALOT.
I'd suggest making it damage something like:
Trigger:
  • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing(100 + (50 * (Level of Holy Destruction for (Triggering unit)))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

And, what's this action:
Trigger:
  • Unit - Create 1 Footman for Player 2 (Blue) at Point1[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] facing (Real((Integer A))) degrees

Footman ?! Player 2 (Blue) ?! Why so specific... :S
You should create the dummy (As I suspect that "Footman" is... Should change the name too) for the owner of triggering unit ;)

Might want to make the "912" here a configurable:
Code:
Set Group[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Units within [COLOR="Red"]912.00[/COLOR] of Point1[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] matching ((((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True)))

Manix

Reaction score
Well, for the first it's not MUI, but MPI (Multi-Player-Instanceable) ...

Also, it's WAY too powerful, so I'd suggest reducing it's damage ALOT.
I'd suggest making it damage something like:
Trigger:
  • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing(100 + (50 * (Level of Holy Destruction for (Triggering unit)))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

And, what's this action:
Trigger:

Footman ?! Player 2 (Blue) ?! Why so specific... :S
You should create the dummy (As I suspect that "Footman" is... Should change the name too) for the owner of triggering unit ;)

Might want to make the "912" here a configurable:
Code:
Set Group[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = (Units within [COLOR="Red"]912.00[/COLOR] of Point1[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] matching ((((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True) and (((Matching unit) is alive) Equal to True)))

About the MUI - I don't get it, how is it MPI not MUI o_O

Damage - The damage is something you can adjust...

Footman Player2 - Footman/Dummy what difference does it make? Player 2 Yes because the model has a blue glow and it looks cool.

912 - that seemed to be the range the nova covers, you can adjust that too no?

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> About the MUI - I don't get it, how is it MPI not MUI o_O
Try casting the spell at the same time with two different units owned by the same player.

Also, upload the spell to this site.

Manix

Reaction score
> About the MUI - I don't get it, how is it MPI not MUI o_O
Try casting the spell at the same time with two different units owned by the same player.

Also, upload the spell to this site.

Duh ... I'll have to fix it

What difference does it make ? (about where the map is uploaded) I mean... There are limits in maximum size of uploaded files here, what happens when I reach it :/

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
> What difference does it make ?
If you're submitting a spell to this site, we'd expect you to at least upload the spell itself to the site too.
You get upgrades on your attachment space when you get 100 rep, and when you get a sig. The limits are quite high, so I doubt you'll run out anytime soon.
And if that ever does happen, we'll talk about it then. For now, you've got space, right? :)

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
  • How do I import the spell? Documentation?
  • Set Player Number of Owner of Triggering Unit to a variable, you are calling it so many times.
  • Where do I set the AoE and other things without having to search myself?
  • You don't need to set Unit[id] to No Unit. It's a global.
  • Those Holy Light SFX's looks like they could do damage to enemy units.
  • An SFX for every degree!? WTF.... no wander my computer FPS lowered a lot when I casted it.
Another effect-spamming, overpowered spell?
Look like it.

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
Your dummy unit (the "Footman") should not have any sight range, and should be "Can't raise, does not decay"...

Manix

Reaction score
  • How do I import the spell? Documentation? Copy/Paste?
  • Set Player Number of Owner of Triggering Unit to a variable, you are calling it so many times. Because if the trigger runs 2 or more times the variable would be overwritten
  • Where do I set the AoE and other things without having to search myself? Least thing you can do is search yourself
  • You don't need to set Unit[id] to No Unit. It's a global. Yes I do, check my loop trigger's conditions
  • Those Holy Light SFX's looks like they could do damage to enemy units. Yeah?
  • An SFX for every degree!? WTF.... no wander my computer FPS lowered a lot when I casted it. Get a stronger pc, dont hate the player hate the game

Look like it.

Looks amazing! +rep

Mind if I use it? I'll give you credit :)

Sure you can use it, I don't require credits, althought I wont mind it :D

_

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
THE RULES said:
(All maps with triggered spells require a 'Read Me' with import-info)
-You don't need 360 SFX's per loop, 30-50 is enough to show a circle.
-Spells should be easy to modify without too much of the user's effort.
-This spells is really quite simple, it just has a lot of SFX to make it look amazing.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Might I inject a piece of my opinion? This spell doesn't look good at all. As someone at the Hive said, it's no different than a yellow fade filter atm.

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
It's just a inward nova of Holy Lights followed by 8 HUGE revive SFX's every 45 degrees.

I do wander what map and who would use it.

Manix

Reaction score
-This spells is really quite simple, it just has a lot of SFX to make it look amazing.

A smart man once said "True Genius Often Lies in the Simple Things"

I'm not sayin my spell is genius or somethin I mean it doesn't have to be a freakin time machine to look good o_O

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
A smart man once said "True Genius Often Lies in the Simple Things"

I'm not sayin my spell is genius or somethin I mean it doesn't have to be a freakin time machine to look good o_O

It doesn't have to spam a billion SFX's to either... o_o'

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
It doesn't have to spam a billion SFX's to either... o_o'

Actually, it isn't spamming SFX. The SFX ist just big, thats all. I mean, exchange all this into the flak cannon effect, and you won't realy notice anything.

As for me;
I like your concept, but, to be honest, these spells are everywhere... Also, it doesn't have nice algorithms, so that someone could modify it how he/she likes. It's all for personal preference.
Now to your coding method;
It is rather simple, any efficient as possible, as far as i can see, but, you could create an interface for other people - Why? I mentioned italready above.
Other than that, you're way to go.

I'd also like to advise you to try out vJASS.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.