Homosexuality: A social decision or a physical instinct?

King TonGoll

ORLY?*DDR*
Reaction score
I think most men go gay because most woman are superficial, fixated on being beautiful, and trying to act "important".

Gay men seem to live life a lot more fulfillingly.

maybe your a lil like them?

i mean you came up with that comment all by yourself, sounded pretty resentful.

most of the gay men i know and am friends with have soo many female friends that i highly doubt thatd be a solid reason.

if it was then why would they bother being friends with girls at all?

no i think for the most part, its biological. I mean its actually a smart thing too, sex all the time without pregnancy risk..... sounds nice to me.

I am just not attracted to men though, shame i wish my girl wanted it all the time.......

(mostly thinking about the fact that guys like sex and lik having sex way more often then girls and if two guys found each other attractive and didn't mind it in the butt they could have sex all the time withouth objection.)

on a side note here..... whats with all the beastiality information?
i mean.... as long as the animal likes it and all..... but you couldn't possibly be comparring homosexual people to beastiality could you?

Faust

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I guess there is a hidden trigger in everyone, and in childhood it either gets pulled, or destroyed, the latter being common. :)

That's in men. Mostly the Greek :D

Women only turn to another woman if or when they are rejected for being ugly, stupid, etc(...) over and over again, or simply crave attention (in which case, bisexual).

The most "wise" course of sexuality is probably bisexuality. And bisexuals simply don't understand what the hell is wrong with them. I know that feeling.
But I still find men on men action infinitely repulsive.

King TonGoll

ORLY?*DDR*
Reaction score
where is the evidence to back up your statement on homosexual women?

please provide it, otherwise label it as a opinion.

Also, i was far from under the impression that there was anything wrong with bisexual people, could you inform me of thier error with solid proof?

if not then don't state errors in their ways or imply them.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
But I still find men on men action infinitely repulsive.

Thank you for that. It was... very comforting.

where is the evidence to back up your statement on homosexual women?

So I guess no more sarcasm in debates?

I think it's a social decision, but influenced by your experiences rather than you're just born. It's not unheard of for someone to be straight and then slowly become homosexual.

King TonGoll

ORLY?*DDR*
Reaction score
Thank you for that. It was... very comforting.

So I guess no more sarcasm in debates?

I think it's a social decision, but influenced by your experiences rather than you're just born. It's not unheard of for someone to be straight and then slowly become homosexual.

i was simply remarking on the fact that he posted saying that
"Women only turn to another woman if or when they are rejected for being ugly, stupid, etc(...) over and over again, or simply crave attention (in which case, bisexual)."

thats just him giving a made up reason he came up with. there was no proof, no lesbian said that, and most definitly did not say "only" to the idea of there being only one situation that could creat lesbian woman... well lesbians.

Varine

Reaction score
"Women only turn to another woman if or when they are rejected for being ugly, stupid, etc(...) over and over again, or simply crave attention (in which case, bisexual)."

thats just him giving a made up reason he came up with. there was no proof, no lesbian said that, and most definitly did not say "only" to the idea of there being only one situation that could creat lesbian woman... well lesbians.

Yeah I always say things like how women shouldn't be outside of a kitchen, that doesn't make it a serious argument. Although I would prefer if mine cooked more....

Seb!

Reaction score

Not usually. Yes, in some circumstances, environmental and psychological factors can cause heterosexuals to act homosexually and homosexuals to act heterosexually, but this is not the norm. Science has proved again and again that true sexuality is decided at birth. These studies have proved this using such circumstances as two identical twins, separated at birth. Such people are always of the same sexual orientation.

Varine

Reaction score
Identical twins are weird and shouldn't be included in such investigative reports.

King TonGoll

ORLY?*DDR*
Reaction score
Identical twins are weird and shouldn't be included in such investigative reports.

i have no words other then please use proof and or evidence when stating something like that of state it as opinion...

i hardly think a identical twin concidersthemselfs "wierd"....

Varine

Reaction score

i have no words other then please use proof and or evidence when stating something like that of state it as opinion...

i hardly think a identical twin concidersthemselfs "wierd"....

I don't care and don't want to find proof, I don't care if you agree.

Besides you can't prove it's decided at birth. Are they scanning the brains and see similar parts activated at birth and later once they decide they're gay?

Faust

Reaction score

I hardly need any more proof than what I see.
And I've seen a couple of "lesbian" couples.
They either physically repulsive to a decent man, or they look neat but only do it to "show off", to get attention, in some cases there is really curiosity in it.

Agreed.

I don't believe it's decided at birth.
You can make anyone gay or straight.
Or even if birth has anything to do with it, it's no more than what I've already said.
Animals can be gay too (and human is just another animal).
For example if you keep your bull or hog behind another one for very long (1-2 years), day-by-day, that animal will not mate with a female one ever again.

And even among humans, for example the obvious jail-jokes. Which are quite accurate actually.
They don't see any woman for many years. Their urges (urges that can not be completely fulfilled by masturbation) become so high, that their... value changes. The level which they would say "OK" to lowers until they just see a hole to... fill.

When I was a child, in elementary school, the boys (including me) strongly opposed homosexuality. This probably doesn't sound very mature, which is right, but the point is, we were strongly against gay men stuff. Therefore I still find it repulsive and always will.
However, others might grow a little curious just because of the strong opposition. "Taboo". :)

So, you will turn gay when exposed to extraordinary environment, for an extended time period, and/or a bunch of coincidences.

Varine

Reaction score
for example hair swirls, down to the chemical compisition.

Uhh I think it's because they all style their hair the same using the same products.

King TonGoll

ORLY?*DDR*
Reaction score
Uhh I think it's because they all style their hair the same using the same products.

its actually been noted that there are features in gaymen such as reverse hairswirls, that seperate them.

but having a reverse hairswirl does not make you gay, it was just one thing common among gay people, and not all gay people have them.

Varine

Reaction score
reverse hairswirls

Dude I don't even know WTF that is and honestly I don't think I will ever care.

but having a reverse hairswirl does not make you gay, it was just one thing common among gay people, and not all gay people have them.

So really it means nothing. That's like saying you know someone is Irish if they have red hair. Except not all of them have red hair and other people also have red hair.

InfectedWithDrew

I used to go here a lot.
Reaction score
I've done research on this. Not stating my opinion on the rightness or anything of the topic. These are just a few statements.

It is now estimated that 1.5-3% or so of gay men are born with a genetic anomaly. You could say that it is a "switch" that has been flipped in the womb. They cannot choose their sexualities - they are attracted to other men as if they are straight women.

Otherwise, most homosexuality is developed due to social interactions, hormonal fluctuations, etc. A lot of gays experiment while they still consider themselves straight, and they enjoy the experience, so they "come out."

That being said, there's evidence to suggest that a true natural state is a sort of biased bisexuality, biased towards attraction to the opposite sex. Our sexual natures are so tied into our social natures, it kind of makes sense that sexuality would play a role in all our relationships.

Of course, this is all based on research, not proven fact. It's one of those beyond-reasonable-doubt things, but it's not for-sure proven. Future research may confirm or debunk these claims.

So, to answer the question directly - it's a social 'decision' but it's rarely done voluntarily.

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
...i am PRETTY sure that one man, with one woman. should be natural, its their decision, and its pretty crappy. I would NEVER allow my children around gay people. And for the gay people that decide to adopt? What the crap?

Varine

Reaction score
How many gay monkeys do you see running around? The ability to be gay came with our ability to decide aspects of our life instead of just relying on our natural instincts like lesser species of animals that can't think for themselves.

In my vote, no it isn't natural.

The lonely or desperate ones?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.