How do I make this spell in vJass?

chadpiety123

Reaction score
I would like to ask everyone's help on how I'll do this spell in vJass. Even a step by step algorithm is nice. Thanks a lot!

Description: The White Sage strengthens the connection between the body and the will of his allies and enemies. All mana reductions during the duration of this skill cause either an increase or decrease in movement speed that stacks three times.
Duration: 12
Skill Type: Active, Area Targeted, Buff, Debuff, Minor Disable
Casting Range: 800
AoE: 350/400/450/500
Cooldown: 15/12/9/6
Mana Cost: 80/90/100/110
Level 1 - 3% movement speed change, 350 AoE
Level 2 - 6% movement speed change, 400 AoE
Level 3 - 9% movement speed change, 450 AoE
Level 4 - 12% movement speed change, 500 AoE
Framekwork:
Targets with this status gain or lose (allies gain and enemies lose) movement speed whenever they lose mana. The move speed variations lasts 5 seconds and stacks 3 times (refreshes) maximum. Casting this same ability to a target already inflicted refreshes the duration.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
So, you need to detect mana changes and modify movespeed?

Modifying movespeed is easy, detecting mana change should be easy too, if there isnt too many non-triggered thingies in the game that change mana.

You should have some custom events for your unit state modifying functions and thats pretty much it.

It only leaves out mana regeneration and mana lost in spellcast. Dont know if you want to detect possible negative mana regeneration, but detecting mana lost in spellcast shouldnt be too hard.

( edit. You should use system like UnitProperties to handle mana regeneration, so you can always find out units current mana regeneration rate. )

Just find the event that triggers just before mana is lost, and use 0.0 timer. I believe that should do it.

chadpiety123

Reaction score
I actually already have a rawcode (in Jass) but it's not working properly. I need an algorithm for vJass (since I'm not too well versed in structs and etc.)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.