How does DotA do this!?

Knif3Point

Reaction score
1. make the game lobby not show the computer slots.. =]
ive tried that by closing the slot in the game options.. and then through triggers change the comps name to the faction i want and i tried to ally it... but idk wasnt working.

2.if you try to buy a recipe in a regular map, u need one slot open.. but in dota.. u dont,... HOW! =]

im sure every1 wants to kno not just me <3 ty

the_ideal

user title
Reaction score
2) Use tomes that give +0 health (or something like that), then run the recipe trigger when they buy the tome.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
I've actually come across the way to do it randomly... They set it to neutral I think, then the owners and Neutral Extra, and Neutral Victim

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
actualy, i think the recipies in dota are done with mercenaries (the mercinarys hired is used ever sine ice frog fixed the problem), so it would be when the player hires a merc, run the recipy trigger

saw792

Is known to say things. That is all.
Reaction score
@Capt Death

1. That link is broken (or accessible only in ru, perhaps)
2. Open dota is old. It is no longer correct. Thousands of things have changed since then.

Mike889

Reaction score
1: There's no players for those slots. The alliances and player names are set trough a initialization trigger.

2:DotA uses Tomes for the items. When you acquire an item, the tome is destroyed and you receive the actual item.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
They have actual slots, but they're labeled as Neutral, so their slot won't show. Then the actual owners are Neutral Extra, and Neutral Victim. After doing that, I think they set the allies and enemies for them.

Knif3Point

Reaction score
They have actual slots, but they're labeled as Neutral, so their slot won't show. Then the actual owners are Neutral Extra, and Neutral Victim. After doing that, I think they set the allies and enemies for them.

i tried that lol

u think u can do it in a test map?

Furby

Current occupation: News poster
Reaction score

Sentinel is Player 01 and Scourge Player 07. Tehy are not showd in the slots because they are set as nothing. Thew alliance is set in map initialization.
Whatch the script of DotA and then write this things what you dont know. noob

Mike889:thup: wrote that one time.

Zack1996

Working on a Map
Reaction score
Furby777 is partially correct. Sentinel is player 1 and Scourge player 7. Just set the controller to Neutral. Then create a trigger that set the alliance of players, at map initialization or 0.00 seconds into game time.

As for the second one, the items you buy are actually tomes. When you buy the item, they check if you have the requirements for any recipe items which require the item or stackable items of the same type as that you are buying, if so, it runs the recipe trigger or the stacking trigger. Otherwise, two actions are launched, create item on position of buying unit and give item to buying unit.

I believe that is how it is done. Ask around if you need help with those triggers or whatever.

Furby

Current occupation: News poster
Reaction score
ZACK :thup: +rep. zac and mike are the only ones who know thing that are talking about ;)

Knif3Point

Reaction score
Naab, not. lol. Neutral Vicitm and Neutral Extra? not NEVER. lol omg :D:D:D

Sentinel is Player 01 and Scourge Player 07. Tehy are not showd in the slots because they are set as nothing. Thew alliance is set in map initialization.
Whatch the script of DotA and then write this things what you dont know. noob

Mike889:thup: wrote that one time.

ty ty!! hey do you guys know wut the "data code"
is for ability cooldowns... for instance in an ability tooltip to display the rank of the moves damage.. u put <AHtb,DataA1> =D any1 know the ones for cooldown and mana cost? =]

Knif3Point

Reaction score
Furby777 is partially correct. Sentinel is player 1 and Scourge player 7. Just set the controller to Neutral. Then create a trigger that set the alliance of players, at map initialization or 0.00 seconds into game time.

As for the second one, the items you buy are actually tomes. When you buy the item, they check if you have the requirements for any recipe items which require the item or stackable items of the same type as that you are buying, if so, it runs the recipe trigger or the stacking trigger. Otherwise, two actions are launched, create item on position of buying unit and give item to buying unit.

I believe that is how it is done. Ask around if you need help with those triggers or whatever.

ty zack =D
:cool:

FireBladesX

Eating my wings!
Reaction score
For all abilities, its:
<(Ability ID),(Section ID)>.
You can do <(Ability ID),(Section ID),.> for decimals and <(Ability ID),(Section ID),%> to multiply the value by 100.

By "Section ID", I mean DataA1, Area1, Rng1, Dur1, HeroDur1, Cool1, etc...

Press Ctrl + D to display the raw values.

By the way, the cooldown is Cool1, etc. Auto-fill will do the rest for you.
->You don't need one for mana cost. The spell comes with it.

Knif3Point

Reaction score
For all abilities, its:
<(Ability ID),(Section ID)>.
You can do <(Ability ID),(Section ID),.> for decimals and <(Ability ID),(Section ID),%> to multiply the value by 100.

By "Section ID", I mean DataA1, Area1, Rng1, Dur1, HeroDur1, Cool1, etc...

Press Ctrl + D to display the raw values.

By the way, the cooldown is Cool1, etc. Auto-fill will do the rest for you.
->You don't need one for mana cost. The spell comes with it.

wuts this for?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.