Is 27 too old for War3?

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Well I run this site and I am 38. When I started this website I was 27 and was playing Diablo, Starcraft, and Diablo 2. You are not alone my friend.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
lol :p
our admin is 38!!

i see now why you are so clever :p

My dad is 38 and he plays Worms 3D like crazy... he hates anything else (except possibly pacman)

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
My mom is 50, and she plays almost any game I ask her too with me. If walked up to her and went "Hey mom, play Exite Truck with me", she would have no problem with it.

It really depends on if you enjoy it. Sometimes, I wake up in the middle of the night ( Around 3am ), and my mom and dad are in the living room playing Mario Party. It's pretty funny. :)

EDIT: Though, they don't play DDR for some reason. ;P

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
my mum is anti-game

my dad only plays pacman and worms... so its a bit strange.. i wish i had parents like DDRtists

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
I'm 26 and find I'm definitely amongst the minority in War3, which is a shame in a way. WoW, on the otherhand, seems to be much more adopted by twenty-somethings and thirty-somethings and even beyond that. For instance, take this post:
http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=123252412&sid=1&pageNo=1

I was surprised.

Wow a lot of older people play games..so thats what my grandmother does all day :p

anyways I think those old games are a big hit to "older" people because they are the ones that used to play them when they were younger (younger younger younger younger *you hear a weird echo*)

anyways Video Games are world wide I'm sure everyone must of played a video game at least once in there entire life time that is still living..videos games consumes on average about 2-5% of our lives I would probably say ( I mean our whole life birth to death)

Romek said:
my mum is anti-game

trust me she is no anti-game give her a game where a lady kicks a mans ass (Like the unbelievable Tomb Raider and she will love it)

Cordel

Reaction score
I am 27 and I dont consider myself old!! Jesus. I'm in my prime.

I put computer games ahead of my sexlife though. I would rather win an hour and a half game of war3 by towering up and harrassing with a lvl 10 BM then have 15 minutes of satisfying sex. At least with war3 you can watch the replay over an over and re-enjoy the satisfaction.

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Don't worry, my mom plays Diablo 2 LOD and she's 35, my dad also plays Diablo 2 LOD and he's 40! They both have level 99s, at least 2 or 3 are 99. My dad is a PKer (He's a killing freak, a Player Killing guy (Plays a Barbarian level 99 or a Necromancer, but he's not really good with him, only with the Barbarian)) and my mom is a perfect newbie helper (She helps a lot of newbies and rushes them to Baal quickly (She has a Amazon and a Sorceress at 99).

Well, my mom played Warcraft 3 but she couldn't figure out the ROC tutorial :p.

My parents are getting old and still play games, nothing to worry about...

EDIT:

You know there's a viewer at the age of 12 here! Don't say things that become too personal, keep it to yourself.

S

sniperz

well.. its good to tell ppl and ask if their age is still a suitable age for gaming. besides a guy or girl aged from 10-50 can still play. juz spend the time in schedule. and they had will assumingly have fun with their own games.

well 27 is juz too good for warcraft. u can play for like 2 years or more until ur bored.

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
I would rather win an hour and a half game of war3 by towering up and harrassing with a lvl 10 BM.

Wow, your games last long enough for you to have a lvl 10 BM? Anyways, it really shoulden't work. Any competent player would counter with some seige. Towering is quite ineffective. Games should never last more than 20 minutes, anyways. If they do, I usually lose. I suck late game.

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
Well, not that cool for me, I am beating him too easy :p. I generally play allied with him :D.

Sane thing, but with my little brother, he's a bad player but I go easy on him because he's only 9. He's on this forum, but I told him not to go on anymore because he might be banned for spelling errors :p.

Demonfaze

8 yrs. Hell, it's been a long time.
Reaction score
I think it depends on every person. For you, since you're questioning yourself, maybe, but for someone else 27 seems just fine (one of my cousins is 30 and he plays tons of games, while one of my other cousins stopped playing any computer games after he went to college)

Mahucharn

I wear a fez now, fezzes are cool.
Reaction score
If you like games when your 27 then play them until you get bored or go broke from games that charge per month, as I said earlier its your life, do what you want with it, have some fun!

xxyourdeadxx

Reaction score
Games are for all ages - just don't go playing barney or that crap. If you think that something looks fun, BUY IT. COLLECT it. PLAY it. GET bored. Find other things. GET a job. GET money. GET more games. HAVE more fun. HAVE a good life. That's basically what it's about. Have fun.

Why the hell is a 13 year old speaking to someone 14 years older than him? :D Speaking of, most of the kids here you would just feel that they are players, regardless of age, it is just to play with them. So this isn't something where age matters, its just how you play the game. You don't know how old the other person across the line is. You don't want to know. You want to make friends and have fun.

Rad

Reaction score
I know alot of adults who play Warcraft 3, most are programmers though. In my bf2142 clan we only have like 12 members and at least 8 of them are over 26yrs old...

Gaming is for all ages! Except kids under 14yrs old who use a mic on halo 2 STFU YOU SOUND LIKE A WHINEY LITTLE GIRL ! So freaking annoying... Its worse when your commander in 2142 has that kind of a voice... I always reject orders and mutiny ^_^

I can read all that except the last word, if you can reed this u really need to get l14d?

Smartass :p . He spelled read wrong and you got it. Its still pronounceable. :cool:

F

Fizzpops

I am 27 and still play War3.
Is this OK or am I alone?

my dad is still playing games like this and my sis and me, there's no shame in it! Just have fun and enjoy yourself while it still lasts :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.