Is God real?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuiceBox

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am VERY surprised that no one has posted this topic for a debate. I would like to have a friendly debate with someone who does not believe in God. An atheist if you will. :)

Note: By "God", I mean the being who created everything (including matter/anti-matter).
Note 2: Please don't refer to the Bible or the Quran because this is a debate about an existence of a God and NOT religion.

My starting argument: If God doesn't exist, then who/what created us? Let's go way back to the Big Bang... or even before that, from the VERY beginning, who/what created those?

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
God got high and decided to create the universe. After he had finished creating the universe, he OD'd and died. That is why the earth is governed so badly

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I don't believe in the Big Bang Theory, I think of space and time as a repeat, it starts and ends and repeats and has no clues of it's origin. (Like finding the start of a circle)

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
I believe humanity shouldn't waste time pondering where we come from but instead should look into the future so that we can improve society.

I also believe that religion is just a way to fund priests so that they will always have young choir boys to moleste. That money could be used for better things.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone

EDIT: @squll2, duuuh gods parents

and I do believe in god, but I think we shouldn't spend time worshipping him

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
Our brain is perceived to believe in God, according to research. There is a region in the temporal lobe, called the 'God region' (or something...), which induces one to believe 'something/someone is out there'. I'm not too sure about this subject though. Try searching around. This is one thing that's thought to be explainable through science.

(Source 1)
(Source 2 <-- Less reliable)

I believe in God, but whether it exist or not, I'm not too sure. An atheist maybe.

As for 'us', we're created by... chance. No one created 'us'. Just some chemical and physical responses which lead to biological development. This takes very very long time to happen.

Oh yeah, to answer your question with my opinion, 'Does God exist?', I'd say YES...but only in our mind.

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
This is starting to get too deep for me. I am going to sleep on it. Good night.

Squll2

je'ne sais pas
Reaction score
Who created the creator of God then? :)

& - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

And @ Ava: lol haha, made my day. :D

Noone, that is the point all human theory about something has to be created is flawed, we are missing something very important :p

New User

Reaction score
God /faith/ is the result of man wanting to believe there is something more than him that he can depend on.

Indeed.

My second theory would be that the whole so called "universe" is just an atom, where Earth etc orbits around the sun/electrons etc orbits around that core thingy in the atom. But since our "universe" is a bigger version of "our" atoms, there are.. more things. And beyond our universe, there are even more atoms/universe that together forms another world, much much bigger than ours. And their world forms another and another until it's beyond our world's imagination.

I always imagine about a "life" that doesn't follow our physics, something outside our box of imagination. That doesn't even follow our defination of life, but it's just there. We just fail to see it, cause it's.. "outside our box of imagination".

But I really think sitting here and wondering about "God's" existence, we might as well wonder what the meaning of life is.
I personally think it's pointless to question these kind of things. I mean, imagine a world, a universe; without humanity, without physics, without planets, sun, life etc. What's the big deal? There would be no one left to wonder about nothing.

Live your life, die happy. That's the only "meaning" of life in my opinion.

(Don't be suprised if you find my way of thinking confusing. I don't get it myself, or it may be because of my grammar)

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
My second theory would be that the whole so called "universe" is just an atom, where Earth etc orbits around the sun/electrons etc orbits around that core thingy in the atom. But since our "universe" is a bigger version of "our" atoms, there are.. more things. And beyond our universe, there are even more atoms/universe that together forms another world, much much bigger than ours. And their world forms another and another until it's beyond our world's imagination.

Reminds me of a Simpsons episode intro, and the end of MIB (the movie).

The question itself makes me think about one of the books in the Ender's Game series. If you want to discover the origins of time, there's two options: A. There's a place not governed by time, or B. time is meaningless and has no beginning or end. Either way, things just exist, or they were called into existence. Let's consider option A. Since time and space are linked, what does this mean about the place not limited by time? Is it everywhere at once? Is it nowhere at all? Is it a being that can be both? I say yes. God is the one who has no shape, is not governed by time or any of the laws of our universe.

CatCat

Reaction score
Please close this topic, I doubt we can debate on this only argue. There are no facts only a lack of facts to prove much at this moment.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Mhmmm.
Yeah guys, but God doesn't need a creator. If he needed a creator, he wouldn't be God, maybe just a King. God is supposed to be God, not "oh I'm so powerful so long as someone makes me first". That's like Noob.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
This is the kind of debate that can't end until the thread is locked.

I do believe that God exists and has no creator. Otherwise he wouldn't be the Most High.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
All we can truly say is that God's existence cannot be refuted; nor can God's existence be proved... Yet.

Zakyath

Reaction score
>Yeah guys, but God doesn't need a creator. If he needed a creator, he wouldn't be God, maybe just a King. God is supposed to be God, not "oh I'm so powerful so long as someone makes me first". That's like Noob.

There's much less logic in a God coming out of nowhere than earth being created by coincidence...

JuiceBox

Reaction score
Here's what I think:
I think Science explains the things that God did in a way that we can understand. Science and religion aren't enemies, but friends. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.