Is Legendary Heroes quite possibly the worst map ever created?

V

VG Emblem

I'm seriously contemplating this question.

If you don't know what Legendary Heroes is, imagine this:

Imagine a GOOD Hero Arena type map. Now, take out all triggered abilities, or even any original abilities. Now, take out any cool Heroes. Now remove balance, skill required, and add in a bunch of crap like items that add 5000 damage.

Seriously, horrible, horrible game.

All the abilities suck, and even if you have over 10000 mana, each abililty costs at least 1000. Immolation costs over 1000 a second. Making almost all abilties completely useless except for cheap projectiles, which can usually kill a Hero in one hit.

All ranged Heroes are pretty much way better than melee ones. It's easy enough to get killed by a ranged Hero before you even reach him.

But it's not like getting killed is necessarily a bad thing. You apparently get 3 level ups each time you die, and seemingly almost nothing from actually killing other Heroes.

The game pretty much boils down to who casts their cheap projectiles on each other first. And whoever is best at doing that skilless task gets enough money to buy the weapons which add 5000 damage, making him the definitive winner and making everybody else completely inferior within the first minutes of the game.

Does anyone here agree with me? Is there any other nominations for worst map ever?

EDIT:
By Legendary Heroes I pretty much mean all of them. There's a whole bunch created by various people. Of the 3 or 4 I've played they've all been horrible, it's actually like a sub-genre of the worst map ever.

The differences: Sometimes different Heroes, different items.
The same: They all suck.

V

VG Emblem

Jo.O said:
Upload the map so we can have a look?
It's a semi-popular map on Bnet, I assumed some of you have played it. Actually, it's kind of even like a sub-genre of crappy maps; there's a whole bunch of maps created by various people.

Here's the one I played earlier today (I thought it might be different than the other few that I've played, but yeah, no such luck...).

Attachments

• (12)Legendary Heroes Armageddon X40.w3x
    199.6 KB · Views: 317

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
i assume that is one of many rigged remakes (or edits perhaps) which i never played from obvious reasons. nevertheless even the original is horrible - a mountain king always wins.
well this is one of many imba, 30 minutes to make, maps. but the worst thing here is: people enjoy playing it :nuts:

V

VG Emblem

SFilip said:
i assume that is one of many rigged remakes (or edits perhaps) which i never played from obvious reasons. nevertheless even the original is horrible - a mountain king always wins.
well this is one of many imba, 30 minutes to make, maps. but the worst thing here is: people enjoy playing it :nuts:
The last one I played (earlier today) there were 8 people present at the beginning of the map, 4 short of a full game. I picked a Hero, basically randomly, I really didn't care which one I got. I assume another 5 or so people did the same, since they all had different Heroes.

But of course the host and his buddy both picked the Demon Hunter Hero, which is invincible in his Ultimate form and can usually kill a Hero in a few hits. Guess who won? :rolleyes:

Jo.O

Bored...
Reaction score
VG Emblem said:
Actually, it's kind of even like a sub-genre of crappy maps; there's a whole bunch of maps created by various people.

Just like Angel Arena? :p

RunningAway

Cool Member
Reaction score
Last time I played the Pit Lord's cleave was a 100% and the AoE was about half of the map. Also by killing your own hero you would gain 3 levels.

O

OmgWtfBacon

VG Emblem said:
The last one I played (earlier today) there were 8 people present at the beginning of the map, 4 short of a full game. I picked a Hero, basically randomly, I really didn't care which one I got. I assume another 5 or so people did the same, since they all had different Heroes.

But of course the host and his buddy both picked the Demon Hunter Hero, which is invincible in his Ultimate form and can usually kill a Hero in a few hits. Guess who won? :rolleyes:
these are the 11 year olds who just got done 'pwning some n00bs' in DotA and now have come to 'pwn more nubs' in the next crappy game on the list of BNet &*%^ maps. You know why people like games like these? For they feel that a hero is only good when he can turn invisible for 5 minutes and have backstab damage of 500. The kids who feel a hero is useless unless he has bash, warstomp, shockwave, and storm bolt. Evil Person 1:" Hey, Let's do something cool.... make Demon Hunter invincible once he transforms!" Geek 1: "But wait, what about avatar? Isn't that too overpowered as it is right now?" Evil Person1:" You're right, we need to make it only give you 100 HP when you use it."

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
Aaaaaah, I played that map, probably the worst map I ever played, even more terrible than Angel Arena, So yes, it deserves the, Worst map of the year award.

V

VG Emblem

Jo.O said:
Just like Angel Arena? :p
Believe it or not Angel Arena seems like a great map compared to Legendary Heroes. Actually, any map seems great compared to it. I kid you not.

RunningAway said:
Last time I played the Pit Lord's cleave was a 100% and the AoE was about half of the map. Also by killing your own hero you would gain 3 levels.
That's the problem, only some abilities are useful.

Here's the abilties my Hero had:

Rain of Fire: Drops one wave dealing 7000 damage. About a 3 minute cooldown.
Immolation: 1000 damage a second but useless since it takes 1000 mana a second.
Runhalt: A net, rofl.
Some Ultimate that's like Infernal but summons a dragon with a staggering 130 attack.

O

OmgWtfBacon

>>>>>Rain of Fire: Drops one wave dealing 7000 damage. About a 3 minute cooldown.
Immolation: 1000 damage a second but useless since it takes 1000 mana a second.
Runhalt: A net, rofl.
Some Ultimate that's like Infernal but summons a dragon with a staggering 130 attack.

A net is a good cover up skill for storm bolt and I use it sometimes, but paired with those abilities it seems like it would only fit in if the net held them for like 30 seconds. Whats with the dragon? lol. You could kill it by casting rain of fire on it lol. I might play this map just to see all the abilities. I'm waiting for this one: Mirror Image (Duplicates of Hero do 3 times damage)!!

nomadian

Reaction score
Even worse on RoC, people play this legendary heroes gems map over and over. And all you have to do is buy 6 gems which give you 10 all stats and choose inferno and then you own everyone. So the game is about just beating new players over and over. And people play this map over and over, even though its such a braindead strategy.

V

VetoFailR

That is it... I've had it with this game... I just played legendary heroes today, and I lost just because someone retard chose the super cheap ass Mannaroth, which kills everyone with the cleaving attack. Then when you tell them how gay and rigged this game is, they talk back and say some shiet like "NOOB" or "HAHAHAHA" or "ROFLMFAO U FUCKING SUCK" or some sheit along that line... So anyways, I've had it.

I'm gonna make a fucking fair, unrigged version, completely reterrained version of it =D No more cheap ass noobs im hoping! Oh n i gotta nerf that Mannoroth down A LOT or even delete it from the game. Tired of fags feeling good about themselves cuz they pwn at this fucked game...

D

Dark_Knight

I agree, i totally agree. This map sucks, imba heroes, imba items, imba skills.. Alas, this proves that 8 year olds found out how to make maps. :eek: Seems like we are in a fu**ed up era in Warcraft.. :banghead:

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
Yeah, this map really sucks.. This map really reminds me of Angel Arena and Hell vs Heaven.

O

OmgWtfBacon

VetoFailR said:
That is it... I've had it with this game... I just played legendary heroes today, and I lost just because someone retard chose the super cheap ass Mannaroth, which kills everyone with the cleaving attack. Then when you tell them how gay and rigged this game is, they talk back and say some shiet like "NOOB" or "HAHAHAHA" or "ROFLMFAO U FUCKING SUCK" or some sheit along that line... So anyways, I've had it.

I'm gonna make a fucking fair, unrigged version, completely reterrained version of it =D No more cheap ass noobs im hoping! Oh n i gotta nerf that Mannoroth down A LOT or even delete it from the game. Tired of fags feeling good about themselves cuz they pwn at this fucked game...
Don't remove mannaroth, just make him suck really bad. Make him get half the stats of the other heroes, and make rain of fire do 1 damage every 2 seconds. yay! :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.