Other Is this possible?

Exorz

Reaction score
Hello i dont know if this is the right place to write this on but i want to ask something and i guees only 1% of all warcraft players know the answear to 100% my question is.

-Is it possible that i create a map on warcraft mapeditor and when im done i put the game in a file so i can play the map i made by just clicking on the file hmm. i will try to explain better

-I make a wc3 map and its done we say that i made Dota for exampel

-Then i put the dota game in a file and put a link to download the file

-Some one download the file and click on it and he can play the game without login at wc3 and create game and bla bla

I dont know how to explain better but you mabey understand xD

mapguy

Reaction score
my guess is:

NOT POSSIBLE.

You need info to run a program. If you don't have WC3 info you cannot play it.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
well i think it is possible but neither for you nor for me or the majority of people around.

dodongo

Reaction score
i bet its possible if you write a program to open it in wc3 automatically but you would need to know a bunch of coding things

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
You're asking if it's possible to make a program that does what warcraft 3 does, excluding asking for CD-Key? Just spend a few bucks on a new WC3 Battle chest (for both RoC and TFT:Expansion) and play the game. Simply sounds like you're lazy.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
It's definitely possible.

There are three options:

1. Be cool and code your own WC3.
2. Be even cooler and double click the icon that says "Warcraft III.exe".
3. Be beast and buy a new copy of Warcraft III.

Edit: Why is this here anyways...

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
I think everyone's misunderstanding what he wants. I think he just wants a file that auto starts the map. Executing the file would have the same effect as pressing test map in the editor. That would be possible(I guess)

If you however want the file to start WC3 and play the game on a computer that doesn't have WC3, it should be possible if the file contained everything from WC3 which would be messy and big.

Exorz

Reaction score
I dont want the file to be wc3 if you press the file you wont come to wc3 you will come to another window and there it stand like "games" "forum" "support" and stuff. And then you click games and there you can join diffrent maps and then you click on a game you want to play and wait for other people to join

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Well, if you spend a lot of your time for the next year learning how to code, then spending even more time coding, creating the images ect. for the start page you want to open and then put it all together, then yeah. Its possible. However, you would have to use at least part of the WC3 engine to run the map, as that is what the map was made for, and you might have a few problems with Blizzard if they found out.

Exorz

Reaction score
I will not learn how to code becouse its not so many tuts and im not good at that kind of stuff my brain cant handel it xD I really need a big noob guide how to code

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Just make sure your using a C or C++ cde tutorial, JASS is only for WC3

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.