Demo Map ItemMenu v3

weaaddar

Reaction score
well i prefer if you talk about my system here :/ Anybody actually look at it or just commeting on the whole -1 storage whats evers.

And its any negative slot that works. -7 works too. Its just you crash at quiting and theres no way to get it there except for getting it there by adding the item by slot. I don't think the unitdropiteminslot native will do it. You can't even fetch the item by using UnitItemInSlot(unit,-7). Since add to slot by id. Its a pretty crappy exploit in this respect. I guess it could be a subtle map protector, which lets you play but then crashes the game.

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
Well, I can't look. I'm at work (without WC3). :p

I just sit around here when I'm not too busy. ;)
Hence why the first things were like... description? Required systems? :)

>You can't even fetch the item by using UnitItemInSlot(unit,-7).
Lame.
>I don't think the unitdropiteminslot native will do it.
Does it? :p

weaaddar

Reaction score
Nope. The native is really just issuing an order anyway. So you can't order an item into negative space. As there aren't orders for negative slots. 852002 is the lowest they go.
Also you can detect and even remove the damn thing. But once you added it the map will crash :/
JASS:
//! zinc
library test
{
    item Item;
    unit Unit;
    public function Trig_Untitled_Trigger_001_Actions()
    {
        timer t = CreateTimer();
        Unit = GetManipulatingUnit();
        Item = GetManipulatedItem();
        BJDebugMsg("Item Acquired!");
        BJDebugMsg(I2S(GetHandleId(Item)));
        TimerStart(t,0,false,function(){RemoveItem(Item);});
    }
    function onInit()
    {
        Unit = CreateUnit(Player(0),'Hpal',0,0,0);
        gg_trg_Untitled_Trigger_001 = CreateTrigger(  );
        TriggerRegisterAnyUnitEventBJ( gg_trg_Untitled_Trigger_001, EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_PICKUP_ITEM );
        TriggerAddAction( gg_trg_Untitled_Trigger_001, function Trig_Untitled_Trigger_001_Actions );
        UnitAddItemToSlotById(Unit,'rag1',-7);
    }

}
//! endzinc
Edit: everything needed is in the OP now. Should I submit the demo menus to the Op too? I mean I could totally put one but the menus are really sparse as that the whole point :)

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
Hmmm...

Since I can't realy read Zink or CJass, I can't comment on the code acuratly, so I'll pass on that part.

I do, however, like the fact, that one can use this system to make a sort of extended interface ( extended structure menus for TD or extended shop menu for RPGs ). Though, that empty slot IS a bit ugly...

I can see this usefull in combination with other systems such as Bonus ( Mentioned before ), but other than that, you would have to have some imagination to realy get the best of this system...

Also, why use the inventory when one has got stuff like "magic book" or multiboard?

weaaddar

Reaction score
Hmmm...

Also, why use the inventory when one has got stuff like "magic book" or multiboard?

Easier set up. Items are much more flexible, and they make a pretty nice interface. Once you're set up setting up a menu/system is really quite easy. An attributer/learn menu in this system is very easy to write.

Most of hte effort is in code space. Not in the object editor. A big advantage. Setting up an item menu is basically just creating however many buttons you want to appear in the menu. You then chose some simple configuration options for the menu, and you register it to a hero unit.

Yes the ugly 6th empty slot issue is there. I wish I could get around it, but pitems (powerup on the group, real item in the menu) was such an unwieldy pain in the ass to deal with and even with ObjectMerger it was unbearable to set up for anything except for a cutesy test map.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.