Crime Japan man stalks toll-free line to hear woman's voice

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
TOKYO (Reuters) - A Japanese man was arrested for calling a food company's toll-free number 500 times in 16 months because he wanted to hear the woman's voice on the automated tape, police said on Monday.

The 38-year-old plumber, who was arrested on Sunday, made 3,100 hours worth of free calls to the company, costing it almost 4 million :Dyen (19,500 pounds) in phone bills, a police spokesman in Takasaki, northwest of Tokyo, said.

"He gets excited by the woman's voice on the guidance tape," the spokesman said, adding that the voice sounded normal to the detective who was involved in the investigation.

Last edited:

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Haha! Omg lol so funny

I don't find anything wrong in it actually, except for the fact that it costed the compay 4 million yen / 19,500 pounds / approx. $29,000 dollars :p

ShadowTek

Reaction score
Did he never think to record the message? Then, he could just play it back on a loop.

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
but japan has most of the wierd shit in the world...so yeah...blame nukes..

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
but japan has most of the wierd shit in the world...so yeah...blame nukes..

I have to disagree. Sure there are some weird things that go in Japan, no denying that, but I think that the incidences are EXTREMELY overhyped. I'd guess that there's incidences like this in many, MANY other countries, its just that they're no Japan, so it wouldn't fulfill the stereotype of "oh it's japan again," so its deemed not newsworthy. Just because these incidences are reported more in one area doesn't mean they don't happen just as often in other places, because people have some crazy beliefs and other shit in their head, and alot of the time it is weird when it manifests itself, but I highly doubt that that's just in Japan.

ShadowTek

Reaction score
As a resident of the southeastern US, I can confidently report that we are well stocked with kooks and dingbats here as well.

ScarletBlade

Reaction score
No offense to japanese people :p But it seems like alot of Japanes people are horny pervers with weird fetishes (No offense) xD Think about all the Anime, Manga, Hentai that comes out of Japan. (Not really into that kind of stuff, but seen it before) :|

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
No offense to japanese people :p But it seems like alot of Japanes people are horny pervers with weird fetishes (No offense) xD Think about all the Anime, Manga, Hentai that comes out of Japan. (Not really into that kind of stuff, but seen it before) :|

Read what I just wrote, and how can you say it all came from Japan? Just because it originated in Japan or has the Japanese drawing style does NOT mean that it originated there. And even if it did, so what? I'm sure plenty of odd sexual fetishes have emerged in other areas to, be it the ideas of Bondage or S&M.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
>>Just because it originated in Japan or has the Japanese drawing style does NOT mean that it originated there.

Contradiction! :p

ScarletBlade

Reaction score
Notice **alot** That's why I didn't say all :p Most likely alot of the sexual fetishes and shit originiated elsewhere as well, googled it, didn't put in much research but around 80% which is still quite a bit, that's why not all :thup:

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
>>Just because it originated in Japan or has the Japanese drawing style does NOT mean that it originated there.

Contradiction! :p

whoops! What I meant to say was just because that style or fetish originated in Japan doesn't mean that all of the stuff that came about as a result also came from Japan. Make sense?

>>Most likely alot of the sexual fetishes and shit originiated elsewhere as well, googled it, didn't put in much research but around 80% which is still quite a bit, that's why not all

Just to clarify, 80% of what? 80% of all the sexual fetishes emerged in Japan? If so, I'd like to know what you typed in the search box.

ScarletBlade

Reaction score
I was talking about the anime, hentai and shit, lulz. That's where I was getting alot of Japan (NOT ALL) being perverts xD

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
you are all missing the bigger picture!

Its free to call, why can't he call?

Its like being kicked out of an all you can eat buffet for eating 'too much'

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
I was talking about the anime, hentai and shit, lulz. That's where I was getting alot of Japan (NOT ALL) being perverts xD

According to a few anime fanatics hentai is illegal to create in Japan, but this confuses me because I've also heard of rumors about hentia shops being in Tokyo. Hm, it's possible that people are just being arrogantly ignorant again, but there could be some truth in it (maybe).
Anyways, my point is that some of these perverted things do come from other countries as well (America/Europe).

---

Pineapple makes a very good point.

ShadowTek

Reaction score

They said that is cost the company a lot of money. So apparently, the cost of the call is paid by the company, and not the customer.

I'm not sure what the exact law states in that area, but it is likely to be "understood" that you shouldn't call such a number unless you have legitimate business to take care of.

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score

There's a difference. If he kept the number of calls he placed under control, it would be good. With this example it would be more like the guy comes and decides to stay there eating only all-you-can-eat from open to close hours, and using the bathroom, and getting free water. I don't think that's fair. And even that wouldn't be the equivalent due to the amount of cash lost. Maybe if it was a 24-hour thing and he slept over and got free food each day. MMMM... all you can eat....

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.