Jump Smash

ImmortaL_GoD

Reaction score
This is just an ability where the unit jumps, freezes in the air for a sec, and then smashes the ground doing AoE damage. I was wondering what would be an efficient way to slow the units' (in a 275 AoE radius) movespeed as well? And I also am having some weird issue where ever I click to target the jump, it jumps in a completely different direction o_O. Ability is based off of channel (with point target). Is there any way I could modify the range at where I can jump as well (wouldn't be cast range on ability)? Ok, I have:
Trigger:
  • Jump
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Jumping Ground Smash
    • Actions
      • Set Smash = (Casting unit)
      • Set temp_point = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Unit - Pause Smash
      • Unit - Make Smash face (Target point of ability being cast) over 0.01 seconds
      • Wait 0.01 seconds
      • Unit - Add Crow Form to Smash
      • Unit - Turn collision for Smash Off
      • Animation - Change Smash flying height to 300.00 at 900.00
      • Trigger - Turn on Jump Movement <gen>
      • Wait 0.35 seconds
      • Trigger - Turn off Jump Movement <gen>
      • Animation - Change Smash's animation speed to 10.00% of its original speed
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the chest of Smash using Abilities\Spells\Demon\DarkPortal\DarkPortalTarget.mdl
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
      • Wait 0.50 seconds
      • Animation - Change Smash flying height to 0.00 at 1500.00
      • Trigger - Turn on Jump Movement <gen>
      • Wait 0.10 seconds
      • Trigger - Turn off Jump Movement <gen>
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of Smash) using Abilities\Spells\Human\ThunderClap\ThunderClapCaster.mdl
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
      • Animation - Change Smash's animation speed to 100.00% of its original speed
      • Unit - Cause Smash to damage circular area after 0.05 seconds of radius 300.00 at temp_point, dealing 50.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Force
      • Wait 0.10 seconds
      • Unit - Remove Crow Form from Smash
      • Unit - Turn collision for Smash On
      • Unit - Unpause Smash
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_temp_point)

Trigger:
  • Jump Movement
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.01 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Move Smash instantly to ((Position of Smash) offset by 3.00 towards (Facing of Smash) degrees), facing (Facing of Smash) degrees

Thanks.

simonake

Reaction score
Nm
I find what was wrong. It the movement trigger. IT's facing of smash. Well , if you click and change to path of the cast it will change all the count. When ability is cast, make a variable of type Real and set it to (facing of smash) then, while in the air, use this variable instead of caster's facing.

ImmortaL_GoD

Reaction score
Ty, I'll try that. As for the movement thing, I was wondering how I'd specify the unit I'm slowing though? Like I dunno if "Attacked unit" worked/works. And any idea how I'd change the distance?

EDIT: Nvm, I think I got the slow part:
Code:
Unit - Cause Eowyn to damage circular area after 0.05 seconds of radius 300.00 at temp_point, dealing 50.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Force
Set temp_group = (Units within 300.00 of temp_point)
Unit Group - Pick every unit in temp_group and do (Animation - Change (Picked unit)'s animation speed to 75.00% of its original speed)
Wait 3.00 seconds
Animation - Change (Picked unit)'s animation speed to 100.00% of its original speed

EDIT: Didn't work.

bOb666777

Stand against the ugly world domination face!
Reaction score
Ty, I'll try that. As for the movement thing, I was wondering how I'd specify the unit I'm slowing though? Like I dunno if "Attacked unit" worked/works. And any idea how I'd change the distance?

EDIT: Nvm, I think I got the slow part:
Code:
Unit - Cause Eowyn to damage circular area after 0.05 seconds of radius 300.00 at temp_point, dealing 50.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Force
Set temp_group = (Units within 300.00 of temp_point)
Unit Group - Pick every unit in temp_group and do (Animation - Change (Picked unit)'s animation speed to 75.00% of its original speed)
Wait 3.00 seconds
Animation - Change (Picked unit)'s animation speed to 100.00% of its original speed

EDIT: Didn't work.

You could just spawn a dummy that casts thunder strike so it slows units
but if you really want a trigger:

Trigger:
  • Actions
    • Set temp_group = (Units within 300.00 of temp_point)
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in temp_group and do
      • Unit - Set (Picked) movement speed to (Default movement speed of (Picked Unit) - 100)
    • Wait 3.00 Seconds
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in temp_group and do
      • Unit - Set (Picked) movement speed to (Default movement speed of (Picked Unit))

ImmortaL_GoD

Reaction score
Hm, so animation isn't the same thing? I thought that's what the previous guy was implying. I had current movespeed / 4, for 25% at first, but dunno, it seemed to fuck up. So, I'll try that again.

Any idea on how to increase the distance the caster jumps?

EDIT: Ok, did this
Code:
Unit Group - Pick every unit in temp_group and do (Unit - Set (Picked unit) movement speed to ((Current movement speed of (Picked unit)) / 4.00))

Didn't work.

Jesus4Lyf

Good Idea™
Reaction score
Excuse the possible irrelevancy of this, but I just had to show you this...

I wrote this years ago for a spell contest on maps.worldofwar.net, and thought that even though it probably won't help, it'll amuse you a little...

Maybe it'll help. Never know. It's pretty close to what you want, I think.

On a more helpful note

To slow units in an AoE, spawn a dummy caster and have it use thunderclap (or is it warstomp?). Triggering using set movement speed is a BAD idea, because it won't work right with things like windwalk, and end up possibly creating permenant, random, bugged modifications to movement speed.

Edit: Had to remove the map, ran out of space on the forum. Sorry. Glad you got a kick out of it.

ImmortaL_GoD

Reaction score
Sigh.. I did this and it still didn't work:
Code:
Actions
    Set Eowyn = (Casting unit)
    Set temp_point = (Target point of ability being cast)
    Set EowynJump = (Facing of Eowyn)
    Unit - Pause Eowyn
    Unit - Make Eowyn face EowynJump over 0.01 seconds
    Wait 0.01 seconds
    Unit - Add Crow Form to Eowyn
    Unit - Turn collision for Eowyn Off
    Animation - Change Eowyn flying height to 300.00 at 900.00
    Trigger - Turn on Jump Movement <gen>
    Wait 0.35 seconds
    Trigger - Turn off Jump Movement <gen>
    Animation - Change Eowyn's animation speed to 10.00% of its original speed
    Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the chest of Eowyn using Abilities\Spells\Demon\DarkPortal\DarkPortalTarget.mdl
    Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
    Unit - Make Eowyn face EowynJump over 0.01 seconds
    Wait 0.50 seconds
    Animation - Change Eowyn flying height to 0.00 at 1500.00
    Trigger - Turn on Jump Movement <gen>
    Wait 0.10 seconds
    Trigger - Turn off Jump Movement <gen>
    Special Effect - Create a special effect at (Position of Eowyn) using Abilities\Spells\Human\ThunderClap\ThunderClapCaster.mdl
    Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
    Animation - Change Eowyn's animation speed to 100.00% of its original speed
    [B]Unit - Create 1 Dummy Jumping Ground Smash for Player 2 (Blue) at temp_point facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees
    Set Smash = (Last created unit)
    Unit - Order Smash to Human Mountain King - Thunder Clap
    Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to Smash
    Wait 0.10 seconds[/B]    Unit - Remove Crow Form from Eowyn
    Unit - Turn collision for Eowyn On
    Unit - Unpause Eowyn
    Wait 3.00 seconds
    Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_temp_group)
    Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_temp_point)

No one has any ideas on the distance?

Also, that was lol Jesus4lyf. =p

bOb666777

Stand against the ugly world domination face!
Reaction score
Uhhh maybe 1.00 second expiration timer isnt enought?
Maybe your dummy thunder clap costs mana and your dummycaster doesnt have enought?
Maybe your dummy caster doesnt have the right spell? Don't confuse thunder clap with warstomp, they dont have the same orderId

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.