[Library] Colors

Reaction score
> code looks much better without whitespace(indentation)
But please do not post such codes here. Spare our eyes.

Tyrulan

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I prefer indented code. It allows forms and structures to be outlined clearly. Plus editors nowadays automatically indent for you, so it's more work to clear whitespace.

I'll show my updated snippet when I'm finished.

SineCosine

I'm still looking for my Tangent
Reaction score
I, too, prefer indented code ._.
(I just had to get that off my chest =P)

SanKakU

Reaction score
i don't mind whitespace default of 4 spaces. it's standard and it's easy to replace. the linebreak whitespace, however, there is no easy fix for as far as i know. with 4 space whitespacing, you can replace every 4 spaces with nothing and remove the whitespace.

with that said, i still have a heck of a time reading some people's whitespace, probably because their white space doesn't make any sense.

for example...

most people type

function....
whitespace if...

but i prefer at that line to do
function...
if...

but some people do like

if...
do...

whereas i like

if...
whitespace do

so sometimes the various styles of whitespace make the code confusing...to avoid that, just kill the whitespace. besides, it takes forever to read whitespace code compared to abolished whitespace code because your eyes wander all over the computer screen looking for words to read.

so yeah, please use the 4 whitespace standard if you whitespace. thanks.
> code looks much better without whitespace(indentation)
But please do not post such codes here. Spare our eyes.

i could ask the same thing of you guys and your jass boxes. please don't put up jass boxes. but you know what? i put my code in jass boxes for your ease of reading. writing all the code i write a second time just to share it with you guys seems like a waste of time for me. i think it rather snobby of you to suppose you can petition for me to be banned from the site, just because i dislike indenting. i don't understand why you guys are always so hostile towards me.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
besides, it takes forever to read whitespace code compared to abolished whitespace code because your eyes wander all over the computer screen looking for words to read.

I completely disagree.

The human eyes and brain process text better when there's a structural flow to them...

Reading big blocks of code is very difficult because you have to really pick out where blocks begin and end.

Whereas reading indented code, you can easily tell where blocks start and end.

What's with the guilt trip? Why are you getting whiny about one person who says something like that?

Uber is only saying what he's saying because 99.99% of the coders on this website prefer indented code. Why make it harder for them to read? You want them to read it when your post your code, do you not? Antagonizing people with code you want them to read doesn't exactly make sense...

Tyrulan

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Uber is only saying what he's saying because 99.99% of the coders on this website prefer indented code. Why make it harder for them to read? You want them to read it when your post your code, do you not? Antagonizing people with code you want them to read doesn't exactly make sense...

A valid point.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I don't want to get involved, but if most of the coders on the site are doing it, you should really just go with the flow. Indention allows you to quickly follow the structure of blocks, especially because vJASS is so heavily based on opening and closing blocks.

Indentation is not a requirement of most programming languages. Rather, programmers indent to better convey the structure of their program to human readers. In particular, indentation is used to show the relationship between control flow constructs such as conditions or loops and code contained within and outside them.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.