Life in Lordaeron v1.6 Beta

Mind

Reaction score
I wish this newer version of my map to be tested.

Unfortunately, however, it can't be attached to this thread due to its size.

Mind

Reaction score
Thank you, Ryoko.

If you test my map, please report every error or irritating detail you find.

And, of course, ideas are always greatly appreciated.

D

darkassaisin

i have been waitin for this forever cause i couldn't download it any where. any maps by u mind r good u take great care with them.

D

Death Knight

In the loading screen, the last time the name of the City (already forgot, lol) has a typo (needs another 'n')

Mind

Reaction score
I remember that I first called the city "Dranndarm" instead of "Drandarm".

Thus, "Dranndarm" is, in fact, spelled incorrectly. Not "Drandarm".

Also, please don't test this map on-line; It must not be distributed.

Mind

Reaction score
I just improvised something… Unfortunately, it's too late now to replace this relatively poor name.

I'd rather discuss the name of the level itself; "Life in Lordaeron" sounds rather banal and unexciting.

Edit: So far, I've heard only one issue. Apparently, no one is very enthusiastic to test my map.

Mind

Reaction score
I've found a most irritating error which I failed to fix and which you will, most probably, also discover when beta-testing my map via Local Area Network; The heroes are frequently temporarily paused.

The fact that this error only occurs in multi-player games indicates that this is the cause of partial desynchronization.

The fact that this only applies on heroes, however, contradicts that this is the cause of lag.

We are going to test it over the LAN when my roomates & children return, my house is empty right now.

You don't necessarily have to test it in multi-player.

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
When selecting your character, you have to click twice for some reason. It will display the character you last looked at first, then the new one when you click again.

There are elevators in your map which you don't have to raise to use. Perhaps you wanted it that way.

Lady feels that the ham roasts and other common items should stack (like ice troll tribes)

Endless ammounts if items you can use and combine, yet only 6 inventory spots. When swapping items in the street, other people take them :(

The people in the town don't talk to you until you select your own guy after clicking the person.

Heh heh... every time you walk by, he gives you ANOTHER package.

He never tells you where to deliver it?!

You can't click the person again to see what the quest was.

I sold an item to a bookshelf :)

One of the icons in your quest menu is solid green.

By the trainer, there is a wall-height mismatch graphical error.

How do you formally accept a quest?

Why won't the pack mules follow me?

Stepping on a foot switch while its DOWN still triggers something.

No explaination on what to do with the boats.

Normally when lightning strikes, its dark out, regardless of the time, because of the storm. But the lightning strikes in broad daylight, and it took a long time to know what that even was.

It should be a little shorter too, seems awefully long.

Mind

Reaction score
First of all, thank you very much for beta-testing my map. I greatly appreciate your help.

Originally posted by SD_Ryoko
When selecting your character, you have to click twice for some reason. It will display the character you last looked at first, then the new one when you click again.

What do you mean, exactly? Please clarify this.

There are elevators in your map which you don't have to raise to use. Perhaps you wanted it that way.

That bug has been fixed already.

Lady feels that the ham roasts and other common items should stack (like ice troll tribes)

Did she mean that charged items of the same type should form one item automatically when acquired?

Endless ammounts if items you can use and combine, yet only 6 inventory spots. When swapping items in the street, other people take them :(

That's what Pack Horses are for. There's one before the entrance of the city, and one at the southernmost parts of the city.

I'll make a hint concerning these Pack Horses be displayed automatically.

Also, there are plently of merchants to sell your items for.

Heh heh... every time you walk by, he gives you ANOTHER package.

Oh, I forgot to remove the "Soul Gem Deliverer" Job, while I already removed the Soul Gem Shaper.

One of the icons in your quest menu is solid green.

That bug has been fixed as well already. I'm glad you're as attentive - if not more - as me when beta testing my level.

How do you formally accept a quest?

There aren't any quests.

To accept a job, click on someone with an exclamation mark over its head.

Why won't the pack mules follow me?

Sigh… Perhaps a partial, temporary desynchronization error?

No explaination on what to do with the boats.

There are several small islands on the sea near Drandarm.

Normally when lightning strikes, its dark out, regardless of the time, because of the storm. But the lightning strikes in broad daylight, and it took a long time to know what that even was.

I appreciate your criticism, but I doubt that I can do anything about this.

The people in the town don't talk to you until you select your own guy after clicking the person.

Aargh…

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
re: lightning

I appreciate your criticism, but I doubt that I can do anything about this.

you probably have an event to create the lightning at random, why not just put a condition into the trigger to not run it if the time of day is between 6am and 6pm ?

look under "real comparison" for the condition

data to enter for the hours

6am = 6.00
6pm = 18.00

also, in that screenshot what does the end of those trigger actions look like? I was thinking it might be possible to compress those actions into just 1 action but I don't know how the actions look so I don't know for sure.

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I will attempt to re explain.

I start the map. I click on the Cleric.

It describes the Cleric. Then i click on the Archmage.

It describeds the CLERIC again. A second click on the Archmage, then it descibes it.

And so forth for each hero I looked at. Double descriptions everywhere.

Okay, another thing. I killed a citizen because he trapped me in. So BLUE (computer) attacked me the ENTIRE length of the game. So I am forever comdemned over 1 peon? Maybe after a couple days, they should lay off. Or maybe you can have a wanted level, like GTA3.

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Yes, the hams 'charges' stack. 5 ham plus 2 ham is 7 ham, one inventory slot.

I don't know if thats an easy change in the object editor.

If it isn't, it might be worth downloading Vexorians pool class demo.

Warcraft has unit groups and player groups, which are pool classes. Manually through jass, you can make item groups, integer groups, ability groups, string groups, all from pool classes.

In the demo, you can pick up any combination of orbs and they stack - its pretty neat.

Then the pool class theory is applied to item recipes, which is a mega effecient way to do it.

D

Death Knight

I think it would be better if you'd replace the descriptions 'on click' with floating text. I tried to check the stats of the heroes, and the descriptions just kept coming.

Mind

Reaction score
Originally posted by Death Knight
I think it would be better if you'd replace the descriptions 'on click' with floating text. I tried to check the stats of the heroes, and the descriptions just kept coming.

What do you mean?

Yes, the hams 'charges' stack. 5 ham plus 2 ham is 7 ham, one inventory slot.

I don't know if thats an easy change in the object editor.

If it isn't, it might be worth downloading Vexorians pool class demo.

Warcraft has unit groups and player groups, which are pool classes. Manually through jass, you can make item groups, integer groups, ability groups, string groups, all from pool classes.

In the demo, you can pick up any combination of orbs and they stack - its pretty neat.

Then the pool class theory is applied to item recipes, which is a mega effecient way to do it.

Is this trigger sufficient enough?

Mind

Reaction score
I added this condition:

Code:
(Charges remaining in (Item being manipulated)) Greater than 0

What happens if you try to pick it up and your inventory doesn't have a slot? Will it still fire & combine?

Obviously, no.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.