Long Living Banish Effect?

0WN3D

Reaction score
Simple problem.... I am making a nice eyecandy of a unit teleporting to another place.... I attached the banish buff model on its head,origin,feet, hand left and hand right...... But the banish model seems to have a long live after i remove it via triggers.... It lingerts for about 2 seconds..... I wish that i could solve this problem without imports but if needed... pls kindly send me the link for the re-editted model.... Or maybe suggest a ingame/imported model that leaves a shadowy trail....

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
you could simply attach a different model to the unit as a buff... a lot of missile models are sort of wispy shadow trail kind of models, like, if im right, the death tower model... it should be a trail of black shadow and when attached to a unit it should drag as the unit moves... or the spirit tower missile model, however this would be a bluish looking spirit trail

if that is in fact what you meant... i may have gotten it wrong :(

SouLEDGE

Damn you advanced calculus
Reaction score
Are you removing the effect or are you destroying the effect?
I know that some effects play their death animation when destroyed
so it will linger. It could be this one model I don't have the Editor near me
to check.

0WN3D

Reaction score
Gfreak 45:Right On Spot!!..... But how do i make the buff inivislbe?as in it not appearing on the buff status
SouLEDGE: Erm.. You can remove effects? all i know is there is only 3 special effect triggers, 1 is creat special effect on unit another on point and 3rd is destroy....

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
Just add it as a special effect to the unit via triggers, and remove it whenever you need.

0WN3D

Reaction score
Pretty sure there is no such action call hide special effects.... Do you mean use a unit?

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
use an ability, abilities have a section for adding weapons, orbs etc to units... heres a tutorial that can apply
http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/attachments.php
just add and remove the ability to ur hearts content :D simple answers people simple answers... special affects are limited, unless you are using jass you only have create and destroy and something else that i never needed
id use the gloves of haste item ability, changed to a unit ability and then set the atk speed bonus to 0 with the attachments put on

0WN3D

Reaction score
ty vry much +rep
Im jus a simple guy with a simple life making simple game with simple codings with help of simple people from this simplel forums.....

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.