Losing-control-of-a-unit-for-10-sec..

Potatisbil

Reaction score
Does anyone know if it's possible to, for an example, lose control of a unit for 10 seconds and get back the control, without replacing it? thanks in advance :)

note : i tried adding locust but when i did they couldnt attack the unit at all, but when the 10 seconds passed (was using remove ability : Locust here )
i didnt get back control of the unit but it could be attacked so....Locust is out of the picture.

martix

There is no spoon
Reaction score
what do you mean losing control??
Maybe "the player selects that unit - deselect that unit".
What do you think?

Potatisbil

Reaction score
Hmm lets say i still have "control" over it (still belongs to me), but i cant order it to do anything. But that thing you wrote can work :)

the Immortal

I know, I know...
Reaction score
Umm, I haven't tested it, but try "Unit is issued an order with no point/targetting a unit/targetting a pont" as events and "Unit - issue triggering unit to stop". It may work :p

Potatisbil

Reaction score
Hmm made it work by using a trigger that activated this one for 10 sec :) :
Code:
 Events
    Time - Every 0.05 seconds of game time

Conditions

Actions
    Selection - Remove Deselect_Unit from selection for (Owner of Deselect_Unit)

martix

There is no spoon
Reaction score
Actually no, make it with the event - "Player selects unit"
"Selected unit = whatever"
"Deselect this unit"

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unit comparison - Use (Triggering unit)

((Triggering unit) Unit-type) Equal to YOUR_UNIT
10_Sec_Spell Equal to True

10_Sec_Spell is a boolean variable which you set to true when the player casts your spell.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
you can always use the pause action. it takes away control from the unit and can be easily reversed. also the unit can still take damage, be affected with spells etc. while paused.

Potatisbil

Reaction score
Thanks Daxtreme, but just to be a bit stubborn, i still think the one i wrote is better because when i use yer version it doesnt deselect until i try to select it again ;)

EDIT : That was just an error in my other part of the trigger, my mistake :)

To SFilip : but can it still move, and act on its own will while paused?

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
SFilip said:
you can always use the pause action. it takes away control from the unit and can be easily reversed. also the unit can still take damage, be affected with spells etc. while paused.

Use this idea, I was reading through and about to say it! but then i saw it here! it works.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> To SFilip : but can it still move, and act on its own will while paused?
nope, its almost like being stunned.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
well since that's the way you want it...why don't you change ownership of the unit to neutral extra (and of course the neutral extra alliance setup)?
i know this might not be the best solution, but deselecting the unit every time sounds kind of ugly. :p

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
deselecting dosent even work 90% of the time, hotkey the unit and spam the command u want and it works b4 the trigger can unselect

n[u]ll

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Events - don't really know what you want your event as

Conditions - none

Actions - Disable unit control for all players

Note - Change the all players to whatever you want... basically its the "disable" action that you need.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
yep, but he wants it for one unit only :rolleyes:

martix

There is no spoon
Reaction score
Slapshot136 said:
deselecting dosent even work 90% of the time, hotkey the unit and spam the command u want and it works b4 the trigger can unselect
Wow, thats the only time I hear a player being faster than a computer...
Lol :)

Potatisbil

Reaction score
Hmm...tried using the one i wrote before with a little change.. :p
Code:
 Events
    Time - Every 0.0[B]1[/B]  seconds of game time

Conditions

Actions
    Selection - Remove No_Select_Unit from selection for (Owner of No_Select_Unit)

So, it does this command a thousand times under those 10 secs but it's impossible to order the unit to do something :p (tried for about 5 minutes)

martix

There is no spoon
Reaction score
Well this works, but if its preplaced there is a better way, and then there is "Add Event" too. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.