Make unit raise out of ground in GUI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squishinator

Reaction score
Is it possible to make a unit raise out of the ground in GUI or is is only possible in JASS. IF it is possible does it work only in newgen and crap?

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You can't make a unit rise out of the ground simply because you cannot give units negative fly height with triggers.
You can make them have a negative fly height by default, and slowly increase it though. :)

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
NewGen does nothing to modify your Warcraft in any way. It simply makes things much easier. And, without model editing, you can't give a unit a negative flying height.

EDIT: Negative flying height is possible in object editor?! I must see this for myself!

takethat

Reaction score
go to object editor/unit, click a unit, go down to movement/flying heigh,
press shift while pressing enter to access to edit the number, then you can press negative ( - ) before the number, you get the unit in negative flying height. require the unit movement type as fly, and can not use on building

Squishinator

Reaction score
You can't make a unit rise out of the ground simply because you cannot give units negative fly height with triggers.
You can make them have a negative fly height by default, and slowly increase it though. :)

When i put a negative value in for a unit in the object editor it looks fine on the world editor but when i start the game its back to default... why?

BRUTAL

I'm working
Reaction score
did the unit move in game?
if it moves at all it will go back to default
the only way to do what you want is to make several units of the same type, each with a gradual increase in flying height so like, -100, -80, -60...
then you trigger it to replace each unit with the next unit with a higher fly height, that gives the rise effect.
lengthy, but if you want that effect.. ;o

bOb666777

Stand against the ugly world domination face!
Reaction score
the only way to do what you want is to make several units of the same type, each with a gradual increase in flying height so like, -100, -80, -60...
then you trigger it to replace each unit with the next unit with a higher fly height, that gives the rise effect.

Well, not that lengthy, considering the unit is unlikely to be visible under -70ish height, and he wants it to be relatively smooth, about 10 different units could do it... *SLIGHTLY* memory consuming but who cares, some maps have hundreds of different unit types

Squishinator

Reaction score
did the unit move in game?
if it moves at all it will go back to default

no the unit doesnt need to move for that to happen. It just has low elevation in the editor and has normal height in the world editor.

bOb666777

Stand against the ugly world domination face!
Reaction score
Did you try using a tiny terrain deformation - big enought so the unit gets lowered but small enought so the unit hides it or something?

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
You don't need multiple unit types. Just setting one to a negative fly height in Object Editor will do. You can then raise it slowly with a trigger.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Whazzat suppose' ta mean? I kin git it to work jus' fine. *hic*

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It works fine. I've used it before many times.
Post your triggers?

> umm, you could use invisible platforms, actually an idea that popped out at random.
Invisible platforms are useless here.

Dinowc

don't expect anything, prepare for everything
Reaction score
did you set the minimum height to the same value as default height?

I did it so and the unit was underground ingame, but when I try to raise him with Animation - change unit's flying height... it didn't worked :(

NindoOne

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Is it possible to make a unit raise out of the ground in GUI or is is only possible in JASS. IF it is possible does it work only in newgen and crap?

Trigger:
  • Fly
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Fly <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add Crow Form to (Triggering unit)
      • Animation - Change (Triggering unit) flying height to 250.00 at 250.00
      • Unit - Remove Crow Form from (Triggering unit)
      • -------- How you remove it... Use there actions in another trigger if you want it to be triggered somwhere else. --------
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Animation - Change (Triggering unit) flying height to 0.00 at 250.00

That should work fine, I'm suprised that none in the other posts knew this so correct me if this isn't what you meant.

Try it and return here.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
> correct me if this isn't what you meant

Not raise from the ground. Post#2 already answered it... months ago.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nice revival. :thdown:

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.