General 'Meh' earns an official place in the Collins English Dictionary

Dr.Jack

That's Cap'n to you!
Reaction score
"Meh" - the expression people use when they're feeling bored or indifferent has earned a place in the Collins English Dictionary.

Publisher HarperCollins said the word had been chosen from terms suggested by the public for inclusion in its 30th anniversary edition, published next year, the Associated Press reported.

Head of content at Collins Dictionaries, Cormac McKeown, said the origins of "meh" were murkey, but gained popularity after used in a 2001 episode of The Simpsons where Homer asked Bart and Lisa if they wanted to go on a day trip.

Interested? More here!

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
Finally bothered registering just so i could say:

Woot.

Haha.

We need to create more words methinx. I mean Shakespeare single handedly created words like assassination and champion, and the best the modern world can come up with is a word for when we don't give a shit? I think one day I might write a novel in which over 30% of the words are made up in hope I get my own Collin's entry.

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
It's not the Oxford English dictionary. Meh.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Haha.

We need to create more words methinx. I mean Shakespeare single handedly created words like assassination and champion, and the best the modern world can come up with is a word for when we don't give a shit? I think one day I might write a novel in which over 30% of the words are made up in hope I get my own Collin's entry.

Technically since English is primarily (supposedly) made of prefixes, roots, and suffixes you could just make combinations of any of those and it would be grammatically correct according to the general guidelines.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.