:arrowleft:

:noding:

:idono:
(basicly a smily shruging)

this is basicly my opinion

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
I think TH has enough of emotes. Those other smilies are a rare use type of thing.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
It takes quite alot actually to get new emoticons (they have to be good). Best thing for you to do is post the images of your suggestions and we will consider them.

undeadorcjerk

The Ulitimate TheHelper.net Lurker
Reaction score
idk, i think emotions are useless. :D pretty much does it for me, and thats all you should need.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Lol...

[noparse]:D[/noparse] and [noparse]:p[/noparse]

is basically all you need. They are all pretty good and useful. I don't think we need more emoticons.

Sir Gordon

Decent User (I'm as good as you)
Reaction score
Emoticons are used to have you express your opinions, right?

Each one of us has a unique way of expressing himself, so that's why there are a whole lot of smileys. However, there is no need that the site covers all smileys, when you can do things like this on your own:

o_O | -_- | 0_x | ^o^

etc.

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
15 Emoticons are enough, if you want your own emoticons then just upload some on imageshack or photobucket and use the [noparse]
[/noparse] Tags

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
15 Emoticons are enough, if you want your own emoticons then just upload some on imageshack or photobucket and use the [noparse]
[/noparse] Tags

Yup, what Ghan taught me to do :p

Though the XD and o_O That Goths High has could be an add on possibility, but are smilies are good as they are.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Yes XD

on GH we have
XD o_O ^.^ >D

Yet Seth added one thats called
:Sethrant:

But really just post your own

Rheias

New Helper (I got over 2000 posts)
Reaction score
What?
No.
Why do we need them?
For the love of god, nuts and banghead drive me insane enough.
The helper needs not any more animation.
Not to talk about they are not even required (the ones you offered).

My humble, unofficial opinion.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
Personally I find -_- o_O and anything similar extremely childish. Makes me sick when I see anyone using those.
Not only that we don't need more emotions, but we actually have too many, I definitely could live without banghead one.

Rheias

Reaction score
Heh, seems like me and SFilip agree on this one. Indeed, no more smilies are needed, but if you insist on smilies, don't make them move.

Edit:

> Personally I find -_- o_O and anything similar extremely childish.

*Awaiting to see Seth strikes*.

Reaction score
>Makes me sick when I see anyone using those.
Same here.. except that I like to use o_O when I really am confused about some thing.

List of emoticons of TH that I really don't like:
:banghead: :nuts: :confused: :mad: (if <3 is used too much.. then it's counted in too)

No more smiling balls.

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
>Makes me sick when I see anyone using those.
Same here.. except that I like to use o_O when I really am confused about some thing.

List of emoticons of TH that I really don't like:
:banghead: :nuts: :confused: :mad: (if <3 is used too much.. then it's counted in too)

No more smiling balls.

Agreed. I hate the Banghead, confused, mad, eek, and nuts one. Overused and Noobish/Chilidish In my opinion. Also, they are often spam, just leading to more Childism (Real word?) Eek could be ok on how its used, but only rarely.

Sir Gordon

Decent User (I'm as good as you)
Reaction score
I personally prefer the other way of expressionism...
The 'tone of expressions', which means words that reveal your emotions. Like:
um...
eh
haha
??
darnit!
pityful
ahem!
*cough cough*

Rheias

Reaction score
> Sir Gordon

Well, how do you say for example :)? Usually when making a post over the internet it is hard to know what you mean, becuase we read it, we can't hear the tone nor see the face. I think it is good to use smilies, but not animations, and not too many smilies.

Off-Topic: Meh, Insane! usually is not appreciated around here to give -Rep to someone when all he says is his opinion. Bah the immaturity.

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
Off-Topic: Meh, Insane! usually is not appreciated around here to give -Rep to someone when all he says is his opinion. Bah the immaturity.

It affected you? He's already in the red. And i totally agree, has happen to me twice before.

Anyways, back on topic, Words dont always work as emotions, like Rhieas said. They can be used for talking, but you do need to use smileys to express the face or emotion of it, Like
You are so great :rolleyes:

Is sarcastic while as

You are so great

Is actually saying you are great.

Rheias

Reaction score
> darkchaoself

Exactly. However, I think the original topic was if we should add more smilies, I think no, for the reasons I stated above, however, I guess TH could always add another one or two to make people feel good. As long as they are not moving, you won't hear me complaining.

Off Topic: > It affected you?

He did it before he hit the red it seems, but I really couldn't care less, Reputation is nothing bar a green dot. Anyway I think an admin bumped it back up. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.