Morph Ability Help

comparami

Reaction score
my problem is that i'm trying to create a unit that has an ability to morph to a Naga Myrmidon, "Slardar" in dota... but, the problem is, using the morph ability to morph to the Naga Myrmidon, the Naga Myrmidon's Morph Animation is used, which is submerged... so.. what you see is the model of the Naga underwater with a stream of bubbles coming out.. is it possible to use a morphing ability in which the morph animations aren't used? if triggering required, please help..

by the way, the unit that im morphing is a hero, morphing to a naga myrmidon which is a hero too... so they have skills... i tried triggering it, it worked and all, but if the unit that's gonna morph casts a spell, once morphed, the cooldown's are refreshed, since my trigger creates the morphed unit...

jackall

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
check the Animation names on the morph spell, only thing i can think of now

Parsival

Reaction score
I couldn't understand OP's post. :eek:
I will answer on this question only:
is it possible to use a morphing ability in which the morph animations aren't used?

You can play unit's animation right after spell's cast, so the 'morph' animation will be hidden.
Code:
[wc3]Unit - Play UNIT Stand animation[/wc3]
Stand for example.

TomTTT

Reaction score

You can play unit's animation right after spell's cast, so the 'morph' animation will be hidden.
Code:
Stand for example.

LOL parsival... that large head and big face avatar you have made me laugh so bad...
About the problem, I suggest trigger it. Just change the unit and give it an expiration timer. Make a trigger that when a unit dies, if it's type is (your morphed type) then create another un-morphed. Or you can use hastables and keep the exact values (which is what I would've done)

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
LOL parsival... that large head and big face avatar you have made me laugh so bad...
About the problem, I suggest trigger it. Just change the unit and give it an expiration timer. Make a trigger that when a unit dies, if it's type is (your morphed type) then create another un-morphed. Or you can use hastables and keep the exact values (which is what I would've done)

This works, but its a round-about way that shouldn't be necessary. I suggest as Parsival did, simply play the unit's animation thru triggers.

comparami

Reaction score

Code:
Stand for example.

tested:

it worked, but it's not consistent, like only after i morph, the stand animation is played, but as i move and stop, i end up swimming again.. oh geez...

comparami

Reaction score
*BUMP

for those who do not understand what im asking.. how do i morph a unit to another unit without using it's morphing animations..

comparami

Reaction score
and where may i find that?

EDIT: nevermind, i finally got it! thanks for the "remove animation tag" idea Diod! T-UP! :thup:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.