Planeswalker
Range: 600
Primary Attribute: Intelligence
Low Stats and stat gain.
Model: Blood Mage (without spheres)
Role: Sort of tank caster hybrid.

Spells
Distort Reality - Passive
Causes the area around the Planeswalker to become distorted, allow the Planeswalker to avoid damage. Gives a chance that damage will be ignored, absorbed or reflected.

Level 1 - 10% chance.
Level 2 - 15% chance.
Level 3 - 20% chance.

Basically check when damage is dealt, then random integer between 1 and 10 to check whether it will activate. Then a random integer between 1 and 3 to check the effect.

Planeshift - Active
The Planeswalker partially shifts into another dimension, causing him to ignore physically damage, but take extra damage from spells. While in this form, Distort Reality is improved to only reflect damage, the Planeswalker moves faster and units the Planeswalker passes through will be slowed for 5 seconds.
Lasts 20 seconds.
Mana Cost: 90/120/150/150

Level 1 - Slows 25%, moves 50% faster.
Level 2 - Slows 35%, moves 60% faster.
Level 3 - Slows 45%, moves 70% faster.

The slow effects units within 200 AOE of the Hero. Also, he is in an ethereal form for this, much like banish would do.

Mystical Noise - Passive
Whenever a spell is cast within a 600 AOE of the Planeswalker, the Planeswalker gains 2% magical resistance, and the caster, if enemy, is slowed by 20%. Bonus decreases every 10 seconds.
Level 1 - Slows for 3 seconds.
Level 2 - Slows for 5 seconds.
Level 3 - Slows for 8 seconds

Ult - Dimensional Upheaval - Active, Channeling.
Brakes downs the barriers between dimensions, tearing the physical realm apart. Deals 70 damage to units in a 600 AOE per second. If casted while Planeshift is active, units caught within the area upon cast are slowed by 50% for the duration of the spell.
Channels for 20 seconds.
Mana Cost: 200​

bOb666777

Stand against the ugly world domination face!
Reaction score
How would you like a massive tank?
Name: Fortified Tank
Proper Name: Joe "Thunderbolt" Stonerock
Stats: High strength and medium int but low agi
Particularities: High mana and hp pools but no regen (Note that stats do give regen anyways).
Model file: TFT Siege engine model
Type: Tanker (No pun intended...)
Range: 250 (low-range, not melee)

Spells:
Fortified Armor:
What kind of tank doesn't have huge, thick metal plates as armor? Not Joe's at least! Passively reduces all spell damage dealt on the tank by 15% when learned.
Level 1 - Increases armor by 5
Level 2 - Increases armor by 12
Level 3 - Increases armor by 19
Level 4 - Increases armor by 26 and makes the tank's armor type Fortified.

Magnetic Field:
For the purpose to taking the hits, Joe had the brilliant idea of implementing a magnetic field generator on his tank. Slowly draws nearby enemy units towards the tank and forces units that are in melee range to attack the tank once every second. Drains mana until deactivated.
Level 1 - 300 range, draws units at a speed of 100 range per second;
Level 2 - 350 range, draws units at a speed of 150 range per second;
Level 3 - 400 range, draws units at a speed of 200 range per second;
Level 4 - 400 range, draws units at a speed of 250 range per second and adds an emergency boost ability that allows the tank to roll over units for 3 seconds dealing minor damage and knocking back, in the event you are surrounded too badly.

Note: When I say "Forced to attack once every second" it means that the tank MUST take damage for the unit to be set free again, mashing the Stop button will not free units.
Note 2: Make sure to use SetUnitX/Y else this will be so damn rigged.

H.E.R.D
High Energy Repair Droids. Similar to a mana shield, the repair droids consume your mana whenever damaged to restore your health points. Note that the repair is not instant and you will die from instant big blows. Drains mana until deactivated or until health is full (can be left on without draining mana, it will automatically start repairing again when taking damage). Also passively increases mana pool.

Level 1 - Drains 5 mana points per hp restored. Restores at a speed of 8 hp per second. Increases mana pool by 100.
Level 2 - Drains 2.5 mana points per hp restored. Restores at a speed of 16 hp per second. Increases mana pool by 200.
Level 3 - Drains 1.25 mana points per hp restored. Restores at a speed of 32 hp per second. Increases mana pool by 300.
Level 4 - Drains 1.25 mana points per hp restored. Restores at a speed of 64 hp per second. Increases mana pool by 400. The high energy accumulated allows the tank to electrify units, dealing 16 damage to any attacker when HERD is activated.

Ultimate: Battery Discharge
Joe isn't nicknamed "Thunderbolt" for nothing. His tank's secret weapon is, while fairly simple, quite destructive. It releases pure energy from his tank's plasma core battery and deals damage to surrounding units.

Level 1 - Takes out 90% of the tank's mana pool and deals 0.5 damage per mana used to units within 250 range.
Level 2 - Takes out 85% of the tank's mana pool and deals 0.75 damage per mana used to units within 400 range.
Level 3 - Takes out 80% of the tank's mana pool and deals 1 damage per mana used to units within 650 range.

Do I really have to clarify? Just use HERP and magnetic field most of the time, if you happen to be in a big gank, ult.

Tomorrow i'll submit a similar hero, only this time it'll use the RoC siege engine model and will be an offensive tank instead of defensive.

avalya

Reaction score
I haven't had the greatest of experiences with tanks/glaive throwers/meat wagons/ballistas as heroes actually, though, your concept seems pretty good but I wouldn't make two almost identical heroes (same model type, just different roles).

bOb666777

Reaction score
Well artillery heroes are pretty weird, but its possible to arrange them nicely.
Besides, fortified tank isnt an artillery :p.

If furby agrees, the other tank will be assault tank (like i said, RoC model, so its not really the same model)

Furby

Current occupation: News poster
Reaction score
If furby agrees, the other tank will be assault tank (like i said, RoC model, so its not really the same model)

You can post any idea you want. I think I am not supposed to make it exactly same as you post it. From most of ideas I am just taking inspiration. :)

Gwafu

Reaction score
Here's a hero I used on a Racebuilding Contest on THW

Psionic Zealot
Icon: Some Zealot icon
Model: Some Zealot model Oo

Strength : 15 + 2.85
Agility : 19 + 1.70
*Inteligence : 23 + 2.20

heartoftarrasque.gif

Power Burst
The Zealot's Psi Blades becomes unbalanced and it starts to charge out the waves of force that will damage units in a line of facing of the caster. (6 waves)
-Level 1: 80 Damage
-Level 2: 160 Damage
-Level 3: 240 Damage
Mana Cost: 150/130/110
Cooldown: 15/13/9 seconds
Type: Auto-Target (Like a war stomp ability)

Screenie:
powerburst.jpg

forkedlightning.gif

Psionic Storm
Lets loose a bolt of lightning towards the target. As soon as the target is hit it gets stunned and lightningballs burst out damaging the target and nearby enemies for 25% less damage.
-Level 1: 100 damage, 4 seconds stun
-Level 2: 120 damage, 5 seconds stun
-Level 3: 140 damage, 6 seconds stun
Mana Cost: 90/80/70
Cooldown: 9/8/7 seconds
Type: Unit-Target

Screenie:
psionicstorm.jpg

criticalstrike.gif

Psi Blades
Gives a chance to do more damage on the next attack.
-Level 1: 15% chance to do x2 damage
-Level 2: 20% chance to do x2 damage
-Level 3: 25% chance to do x2 damage
Mana Cost: N/A
Cooldown: Passive
Type: Passive

blink.gif

Annihilating Power
Calls a massive beam of pure energy that falls from the sky. Upon impact, it deals the Zealots attributes (Strength + Agility + Intelligence) x 2. Deals damage at an area of 800.
Mana Cost: 200
Cooldown: 150 seconds
Type: Point Target

69040d1257584948-race-building-contest-3-anihilatingpower.jpg

hope my idea helps

bOb666777

Reaction score
You can post any idea you want. I think I am not supposed to make it exactly same as you post it. From most of ideas I am just taking inspiration. :)

Well tell me if you're gonna use those tanks, if not I wont make the other one... :\

bOb666777

Reaction score
Mmmh very well.

Besides, I posted an item idea on your other thread and you haven't answered yet. I feel sad and +rep-less :<. :p

I'll post in a few minutes... (okay maybe a lot of minutes because I'm lazy...)

bOb666777

Reaction score
Okay heres the 2nd tank
Name: Assault Tank
Proper Name: Rick "Hellfire" Burns
Stats: Balanced, str as primary
Particularities: High projectile speed and explosive projectile (such as mortar team or battleship)
Model file: RoC Siege engine model
Type: Nuker with decent dps
Range: 450

Spells:
Rain of Fire
Fires a few projectiles in the air which then randomly land within 450 range of the tank over a few seconds. Each projectile deals damage within 175 area. 1.5 seconds casting time.
Level 1 - 3 projectiles per second which deal 35 damage each. Lasts 4 seconds.
Level 2 - 4 projectiles per second which deal 55 damage each. Lasts 5 seconds.
Level 3 - 5 projectiles per second which deal 75 damage each. Lasts 6 seconds.
Level 4 - 6 projectiles per second which deal 95 damage each. Lasts 7 seconds.
Note: During the casting time, the tank repeatedly plays the attack animation at a very fast speed and fires bullets in the air.

Flamethrower
Spews flames over an area, dealing base damage over time and incrementing damage based on how long the unit is exposed to flames. Channeled, lasts 5 seconds.
Level 1 - 7.5 base damage per .5 second, damage increases by 5% for every half second spent in the fire, 375 aoe.
Level 2 - 15 base damage per .5 second, damage increases by 7.5% for every half second spent in the fire, 400 aoe.
Level 3 - 22.5 base damage per .5 second, damage increases by 10% for every half second spent in the fire, 425 aoe.
Level 4 - 30 base damage per .5 second, damage increases by 12.5% for every half second spent in the fire, 450 aoe.
Note: not sure if its obvious or not, but during the channeling, the tank continues firing more flames. (its not something like Fires a few flames then you gotta channel them else they disappear? wouldnt make much sense)

Shrapnel Shot
Fires an explosive shrapnel grenade which explodes on impact, crippling and dealing minor damage to surrounding units. Lasts 6 seconds.

Level 1 - Deals 5.5 damage per second and slows by 14%, 300 aoe.
Level 2 - Deals 11 damage per second and slows by 21%, 350 aoe.
Level 3 - Deals 16.5 damage per second and slows by 28%, 400 aoe.
Level 4 - Deals 22 damage per second and slows by 35%, 450 aoe.
Note that this applies a buff. In other words, units that enter the area after the bomb has exploded will not be slowed or damaged. Same rule applies to units who exit the area: they are still slowed and damaged.

Ultimate: Hellfire Bomb
Rick's nickname, Hellfire, comes from his special invention: the Hellfire Bomb. While it doesn't wield a particularly special effect, it is devastating. Launches a huge missile towards the target area, stunning and heavily damaging everything within 450 aoe. 1 second casting time.
Level 1 - Deals 250 damage, stuns for 2.5 seconds. Slow moving missile.
Level 2 - Deals 365 damage, stuns for 4 seconds. Average missile speed
Level 3 - Deals 480 damage, stuns for 5.5 seconds. Fast moving missile.

Clarification:
Once again, I think the clarification is fairly simple.
The only spell without a casting or channeling time is a slow spell, making it a very good first spell. After casting shrapnel, cast Rain of Fire, as this is the spell with the longest duration. Then, use your ultimate to stun while you flamethrower them.
Obviously, you don't have to use everything, since that wouldnt make you too efficient from having to wait for your ult all the time. Shrapnel and flamethrower is an efficient enough combo since both instantly deal damage (even though flamethrower is more efficient in the long run), it can thus be used for harassing or small fights.
Since creeps do not try to dodge, his first 2 spells can also be used to creep.
And never neglect the standard physical attack, even if this hero is a nuker, it doesn't mean his attack is useless. (In other words, can be used to finish off people, harass or early farming)

Also, sorry for taking this long, half way through writing this, i had to go, and when i came back i had forgotten about this. :p

Furby

Reaction score
Beta version of Legacy of Heroes released

Hello!

I just wanted to tell you that beta version of Legacy of Heroes has been released today.

You can download map here. :thup:

And keep your ideas coming. Soon I'll start making new heroes and I might use any of your ideas. :)

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
Lore.gif
Name: Treant Magi
Proper Name: Aborus
Model File: Ancient of Lore (uprooted)
Attack Range: 300
Attributes:
Strength = High
Agility = Low
Intelligence = High
Skills:

BTNEntangleMine.png

Entangle (Active, target AOE)
Aborus causes roots to sprout in the target area, strangling enemies inside it, while guiding neutrients to allies. Lasts for 6 seconds.

Level 1 - Slows enemies by 20%. Allies are healed 20 health per second and deal 5% bonus damage.
Level 2 - Slows enemies by 30%. Allies are healed 30 health per second and deal 10% bonus damage.
Level 3 - Slows enemies by 40%. Allies are healed 40 health per second and deal 15% bonus damage.
Level 4 - Slows enemies by 50%. Allies are healed 50 health per second and deal 20% bonus damage.

Manacost: 130/150/180/210 mana
Cooldown: 28/26/24/22 seconds
Range: 500/500/500/500 AOE
Casting Time: Instant/instant/instant/instant

BTNNightElfBuild.png

Animate Tree (Active, no target)
Aborus channels ancient magic into the closest tree, animating it and turning it into a treant under his control. Treants have no lifespan and last untill killed. Also, when Aborus tries to animate a new tree, the weakest treant dies and makes place for the new one.

Level 1 - Treants have 150 health, 10 - 14 damage, and 1 armor. Up to 3 treants can be maintained.
Level 2 - Treants have 250 health, 18 - 22 damage, and 2 armor. Up to 4 treants can be maintained.
Level 3 - Treants have 350 health, 22 - 26 damage, and 3 armor. Up to 5 treants can be maintained.
Level 4 - Treants have 450 health, 30 - 34 damage, and 4 armor. Up to 6 treants can be maintained.

Manacost: 80/80/80/80 mana
Cooldown: 20/18/16/14 seconds
Casting Time: instant/instant/instant/instant

Treants are unarmored and deal normal-type damage.

BTNWisp.png

Spirits of the Forest (Passive)
Aborus receives aid from the forest in his fight against evil. Whisps circle around him and attach themselves to random allies or Aborus himself, regenerating their stamina. Whisps seek a new target every 8 seconds. When an ally moves further than 800 range away from Aborus, the whisp seeks a new target to aid.

Level 1 - Each whisp heals 6 health and 3 mana per second. 2 whisps circle around.
Level 2 - Each whisp heals 8 health and 5 mana per second. 4 whisps circle around.
Level 3 - Each whisp heals 10 health and 7 mana per second. 6 whisps circle around.
Level 4 - Each whisp heals 12 health and 9 mana per second. 8 whisps circle around.

Manacost: N/A
Cooldown: N/A
Casting Time: N/A
Casting Range: N/A

BTNLamp.png

Magic Lanterns (Activate, deactivate)
Aborus fuels the magic lanterns on his back with mana, causing them to cast a magical light over nearby allies and enemies. Enemies have their weaknesses revealed, while allies have their blind spots covered by it. Automaticly deactivates when Aborus runs out of mana.

Level 1 - Enemies take 10% more, and allies take 10% less damage.
Level 2 - Enemies take 20% more, and allies take 20% less damage.
Level 3 - Enemies take 30% more, and allies take 30% less damage.

Manacost: 12/18/24 mana per second
Cooldown: 6 seconds between deactivating and reactivating
Casting Range: 400/500/600 radius

Furby

Reaction score
Veeery nice hero sjakie!! :thup:

For really uncommon model and that I like, I would rep you if I could. :(

avalya

Reaction score
Okey, I'm NOT too sure about this, but I got a new idea, question is, are Gargoyles like bats? Do they emit sonic waves and stuff to localize nearby units?

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
If you're question is if gargoyles are blind or not, then it's no, they ain't usually blind ^^, and i don't think they can make sound waves seeing as how they are usually constructs made out of stone, now if it was a fleshy one (like in war3) maybe they can emit a sound, but i would guess not blind ^^

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.