Need spell ideas (yet another one). Sand theme.

Larcenist

REP: Respect, Envy, Prosperity?
Reaction score
Yes I know there's a lot of these going around and you're all pretty much tired of them, which is exactly why I made yet another one.

I just got my NewGen to work as normal so I decided to get working on a new hero for Twilight Crusade. Though I also noticed that I'm all out of ideas currently.

What I'm looking for is something connected to sand in any way.

What I currently need:

1 basic skill (passive, offensive, defensive, supportive, anything)
1 basic skill (same as above)
1 ultimate (same as the rest)

What's in it for you?

+ rep from me (and possibly other people) and a spot in the credit list.

Bring me them ideas people, since I know your lurking on quite a few.

WilliamPa

Reaction score
Sand Droop:

Create a whirl in sand, which will pull units in it and even it will drown some.

Immobilize units within range with net without model and move them in whirling move around the targeted point, pulling them abit in it.

Furberg

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Wretched Earth Active
The caster almost devours all nearby ground and units to create a pulse of damage and slow at all units and gathers them at the caster.

Pound Ground Passive
Increases movement speed and gives the unit a chance the relaease a mighty sand storm that deals damage, upon attacking a enemy (should be easy triggering mate.).

Master of Desert Ultimate
The master creates a whirlpool of sandy winds and pure power. Knocking all enemy units back and dealing heavy damage. Will make the caster loose HP per second casted the spell.

Say if you need more my friend

UnknowVector

I come from the net ... My format, Vector.
Reaction score
Basic - Set
Blast the target with heat and sand, eventually the target will be immobilized in glass. All nearby units will be scorched by heat, sand, and molten glass. When the target breaks free, the glass shatters and damages nearby units. The broken shards continue to deal AoE damage until they fade away.

I'm thinking Net and Frost Nova with no slow, followed immediately by Flame strike with a long casting time.

Scorch Damage (Frost Nova AoE Damage), Scorch Range (Frost Nova AoE) Immobilization Period (Net duration), Shatter Damage (Flame Strike AoE damage), Shatter Range (Flame Strike AoE), and Shard Damage (Flame Strike AoE after-effect damage) increase with level.

That means you need 3 abilities with 3 levels each. Remember that however you create the glass-box sfx (Frost Nova's default sfx perhaps?) it needs to last for the entire duration of the immobilization.

Pseudo-Code:
Code:
Events:
    A unit starts the effects of an ability
Conditions:
    Ability being cast equal to Set
Actions:
    If level of ability being cast equal to 1
    Then -
        Set TempPoint equal to position of target unit of ability being cast
        Create 1 Dummy Caster at TempPoint facing default building degrees
        Order last created unit to cast Set Immobilize at target unit
        Order last created unit to cast Set Aftereffect at TempPoint
        Add a generic expiration timer to last created unit for <immobilization period  + 1>
        call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)
    Else -
        //etc.

Basic - Summon Cacti
Summon a giant cactus-dude (Togemon?) to f*** somebody up. Everybody needs a summon right?

Togemon's damage, Togemon's HP, Togemon's damage return, and Togemon's size increase with level. I had to look this guys name up :)

Ultimate - Abrade
Generate an airborne sand stream between two points, dealing damage to anyone in the way. The sand should originate from one point and move towards and beyond the other.

The spell is composed of two abilities Abrade (Origin) and Abrade (Vector). After one has been cast, it should be replaced with the other. Abrade (Vector) has no cooldown and no mana cost. Both are point targeted. Abrade (Origin) summons a dummy unit, while Abrade (Vector) orders that dummy unit to cast stampede (with a suitable sandy model, maybe the falling dust decoration) towards the target point.

MPI is pretty easy with an array, but I think MUI is mostly out. You probably want to give the dummy unit an expiration timer so the player can't try and make more than one. Maybe 10 seconds more than the duration of stampede, and make sure to tell the player they have 10 seconds to select the second point, and definitely less than the cooldown of the spell. Actually you may also want to move the dummy unit along the path between the first and second points before starting the spell. Because the units in stampede actually appear behind the caster if I remember right. And it would look a bit weird if the dust appeared behind the point it is supposed to appear it.

Larcenist

REP: Respect, Envy, Prosperity?
Reaction score
Awesome ideas but I need more. Coding them wont be a problem so come with the most absurd ideas you have got.

Notice: They cannot use any terrain deformations whatsoever, just felt like this is one of them things you should add.

D

Decapitat0r

Unknown Sands

-Creates a huge sand pile on the targeted area for 30 seconds, summoning 1 huge scorpion every 10 seconds. when enemys step on the sand they get attacked by scorpions underneat it, getting Damage-per-second and slowing them by 50%

(ultimate ofc :p )

shinami

Redirect your complaints to the nearest wall
Reaction score
One target [ or aoe if you want ] instant damage + DoT.. It can be a basic skill if you won't do the damage uber or it can be an ultimate if you do the damage uber.

Sand Shred

By manipulating sand and infusing some mana [ or whatever you want ] into the manipulated sand, the hero quickly sends it through the opponent back and forth and due to the high speed of the sand damages the target. In addition to this you have an x% chance to make the target bleed from the wounds thus slowing and dealing x damage to him. Any enemy units that come in x aoe of the target can also get hitted by the sand and thus start bleeding.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.