No LAN in SC2||| lets do something about it!

jig7c

Stop reading me...-statement
Reaction score
Hey guys.

I found this petition where you ask blizzard to implement a LAN system in the game, which they have said they will not.
I for one would love to be able to LAN S][C with my friends, and it can sometimes be a hazzle to get into Bnet.

http://www.petitiononline.com/LANSC2/petition.html

"REASONS TO KEEP LAN
- While many of your fans might have internet access with the required speed to play without lag, there are still many that don't, or would like to play with a friend or sibling residing in the same house. LAN is NOT an expensive upgrade, and once you have it, it’s yours. Internet is something that you have to pay for every month, and in a bad month you might choose to buy groceries instead of paying for the internet.

- LAN is what birthed SC popularity in the first place. Please don't ignore the heritage of the original game.

- Using LAN is a little bit of freedom. Often you might be at a friend's place with the only option to ad hoc the wireless connections instead of using internet, excluding the Battle.net gaming possibility.

- There are little to no ill effects in implementing LAN compared to the advantages. The piracy rate of people actually interested in the game would be negligible. Just look at SC1 now. Even with a laggy Battle.net, it is still selling so well that it once again reached top-10 on the NPD charts a decade after its release!

-Having LAN functionality in the game makes it feel you have more freedom of choice. You can choose to be part of the greater community, or you can choose to just play with one or two friends. LAN is a vital part of what makes StarCraft so great, and what will make StarCraft II even greater. Sometimes you don't have to use a function in order to appreciate having it there. It's the sort of freedom we have come to expect from Blizzard Entertainment.

Please include LAN functionality in your future classic! "

I know this has been posted before in this thread, but I feel like it needs to be re-iterated to our members to sign that petition and hopefully Blizzard will put LAN in SC2

Thanks,

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
They won't do it because LAN allows the game to be hacked. Sort of what RTC does to wc3. They will not allow the game to be hacked therefore LAN will not be added.

jig7c

Stop reading me...-statement
Reaction score
They won't do it because LAN allows the game to be hacked. Sort of what RTC does to wc3. They will not allow the game to be hacked therefore LAN will not be added.

how can it be hacked?

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
As in, you can crack the game and still play multiplayer via LAN.

You will be able to anyway via cracks. These things never stop the truly determined. Look at MW2.

Anyway I'm sure they will have some sort of LAN feature, just not LAN by definition and not called LAN. So no need to worry, not that it would affect me anyway.

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
You will be able to anyway via cracks. These things never stop the truly determined. Look at MW2.

Anyway I'm sure they will have some sort of LAN feature, just not LAN by definition and not called LAN. So no need to worry, not that it would affect me anyway.

Obviously the game will be hacked but that doesn't mean you will still give the hackers more opportunities to hack it. Removing LAN will probably leave 70% of hackers stuck when they are trying to hack the game.

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Not gonna happen haha, they want people to buy the game not hack it :)

Xienoph

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Removing LAN will probably leave 70% of hackers stuck when they are trying to hack the game.

Sort of ... bootlegged games cannot play in BNet since they don't have the correct serial key (or that the serial key is already registered to an actual account). They still can play single player campaign games though. But single player isn't what SC2 is about anyway.

The next step for the bootleggers might be to guess the serial keys and sell the bootlegs with the guessed serial keys.

On topic: As long as BNet is reliable and fast, I don't mind having no LAN.

Asehujiko

Reaction score
Obviously the game will be hacked but that doesn't mean you will still give the hackers more opportunities to hack it. Removing LAN will probably leave 70% of hackers stuck when they are trying to hack the game.

And after a few minutes they just download the working cracks produced by the remaining 30%. Leaving the paying customers with a broken product.

D.V.D

Make a wish
Reaction score
And after a few minutes they just download the working cracks produced by the remaining 30%. Leaving the paying customers with a broken product.

Actually no. Most of those cracks won't be made so quickly. Wc3 has so much cracks for it due to the fact that it does have LAN. Many of these cracks won't be made so most of them won't be downloaded either. And don't expect those other 30% to suceed in hacking the game. Removing LAN is one way to stop hacking but Blizzard will put extra tight security to stop people from hacking.

nardretor

Reaction score
For me, I just want to experience playing Starcraft II even expensive, no lan or whatever. I want to know the STORY!

But without the lan, a bunch of sc2 fans will lose interest with sc2 saying "Why, Blizzard?! Why did you do this to us?!"

If i am a guy from Bliz Entertainment, I will agree that LAN is removed to protect the game.

But clever hackers will always have a way to hack a game that is difficult to hack. They have no escape.

elkyur

Reaction score
Guys please listen, lan doesent mean that game get hacked, blizzard things its gonna get hacked, because wc3 Garena private server hacked wc3 with lan. As I know garena promoised to hack sc2, so there will be Garena private server in Sc2. So its same is there lan or is there not lan. You can allways hack the game and get the lan.

Ice Bane

Reaction score
I'm really not sure if they will succeed in the forthcoming three years ;P

Warcraft 3 is reaally old, Sc2 will be brand new, produced by one of the richest developers ever walked the surface of earth I find it hard to believe that if they put effort into making it secure, it won't be a piece of cake for hackers.

Even though the free will is always the strongest indeed.

phyrex1an

Staff Member and irregular helper
Reaction score
Warcraft 3 is reaally old, Sc2 will be brand new, produced by one of the richest developers ever walked the surface of earth I find it hard to believe that if they put effort into making it secure, it won't be a piece of cake for hackers.
Windows 7 was cracked a month or so before it was released. Now, the number of people trying to crack wc3 will be much less, but so is the resources blizzard has to make it secure.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.