Campaign ~{-[One War]-}~ The War has only just begun.

What do you think of One War? What race do you like?

• It Is Pure AWESOME!!!

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • It's an awsome idea!

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • I like it! keep up the good work!

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • It's meh, but it has potential

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • It's just bad.. god why did you make this.

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Crusaders

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Dragonics

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Sages

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Outcasts

Votes: 6 19.4%

• Total voters

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
I will try it now. :)

EDIT: Ok, tried it out.

First of all, that custom cursor is awesome! I think the slaves should be a bit bigger. They are too small, like 1/2 the door size. :D

Secondly, I love the undeployment of the HQ. But it's based off Invisibility, and the ability is still called Invisibility. And it's Circular Leap ability... it doesn't go in a full circle, it goes more like into an oval, and halfway on the other side of the oval when it is coming back, it just ends. And I think the undeployment from HQ to movement HQ should have a casting time, like at least 2 seconds. And why does it say Barradar? Are they skills for a hero later on? You should make it not deal damage to allies because all my units are dying so quickly. Damaging itself is OK, but not allies.

Anyway, trees are too weak or the slaves harvest too fast. 1 slave can take down 1 tree in half its harvest. Make the harvest like 5 times slower, or make the tree 5 times stronger. You get gold from attacking the ores, right? You should make the gold ore unit larger, and group them together, so it looks realistic. Make like a cave or mountain surrounding them, too.

So, you should customize the units more. The Bounty Hunter and Soldier are the same thing... but I like how they spawn 3 into like mini-battalions.

Overall pretty cool. :thup:

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
Thanks! :D, the difference between the bounty hunter and Guardian is that the Bounty hunter gains cash from attacking units, and the Guardian is immune to all spells BUT i could differentiate them alot more. Did you know you can redeploy your unsieged HQ in the water making it a dock? If so do you think that its cool, is it balanced? I agree on the trees, ill make them stronger. The invisibilty thing is a mistake, i forgot to add the description. BTW what do you think about the dragonics?
thanks anyway i thought no one would test it.

EDIT: Also if you could, could you list some things you didn't like and some things that need improvement (even it is the slightest improvement i don't care, ill fix it).

CaptDeath

Reaction score
i played the beata and i played as the nelves
[Bug]and when i used the invis ablity on my shipyard it become a tank and then became the human base and i wuz like WTF!?!??!!??![/Bug]
but i did see that there was sooo much time thats gone into it which astounded me
+rep

kingbdogz

Reaction score
wow thanks, did you try the Dragonics (they replace orc)? And the invisibility spell is a unpacking spell which allows it to move around and redeploy either on land as a Foundation, or on sea as a Shipyard. Well thanks I've nearly finished 0.03 and it is going to fix alot of things, for example the invisibility spell is replaced with a better spell base, ive added a new cheat, put some more uniqueness into the units and have done some more balances.

Thanks for the rep!:D

EDIT: Btw did you think any of the units were useless?

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Just like in Command and Conquer. :D

I will post some lists of likes/dislikes after I re-test later if I can. :)

Squll2

je'ne sais pas
Reaction score
This sounds awesome man! will test it asap when i can get my computer properly up and running,

sounds like uve put alot of effort in! +rep

kingbdogz

Reaction score
Thanks!

Also patch 0.03 is nearly finished, it's taking longer then i thought tho cos im adding the sages. So just keep checking the thread for updates!

kingbdogz

Reaction score
no it is not optimized sorry i didn't have time, 0.03 will be optimized and yes, i will fix the terrain alot.

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
Going to test it now. Will post some critisicm soon.

Edit:
First of all the loading screen still says 0.01 it should be changed(not that important, just wanted to point it out), I tried playing as team 2 but I won when I entered so I changed place to team 1 and put a computer in team 2. I got some kind of undead race.

The undead race looks great, but, first of all. All the scourge in my base disappeared. I dont know if this was meant to happend. When I upgraded my base, the scourge came back.

I really liked the necropolis model and you should have the same for all 3 levels but bigger each time and maybe a small change in colour. The aura idea is great. However it seems to be buggy. I pressed fire elemental and got both the tower and the elemental. The tower models are also great.

What is the gold ores for btw?

Edit2:

Played as crusader now since I found out about the race dropdown thing. First look dissappointed me. It just looked like plain boring humans. I saw the differences and decided to try all the buildings out. They were more done than the undead guys, that's for sure. First of all I noticed that I always get 3 units when training stuff. Also assassins is totally OP. Give them low hp or something, enough hp to blink in and take off some important unit but not enough hp to go rampage in a base.

Good with some new models for the human buildings. Even though I dont know why I got to rebuild a new main base to get some stuff. Would be better with an upgrade.

Now some stuff that is either reeally small or just isn't done yet. The nighthawks got no charge. The paladins got no holy spells. The spys model looks wrong, I mean it got a big ass sword in it's hand. What kind of spy is that? Knight tooltip says it can learn animal war training. But there's no such upgrade for crusaders. Forger haven't got the promised aoe bonus. Foundation got the upgrade backpack but it needs arcane vault. Engineer can build 3x demolishers(are they any different) but it needs war mill and stronghold, both unavailable for crusaders. Forger and knight is exactly the same except name. Sea breeding pit seems to miss alot of units. That's about it. I know it's petty and I know it takes time(I mean you're creating a whole race. It usally takes some centuries).

Now for the good stuff. Lots of good models. Funny gameplay ideas. I love the boat that collect lumber. I also want to know how the spy works since I cant test multiplayer. I'm going to edit again when I've tried some new races.

Edit3: Draconics this time. First of all the shipyard. I cant create some units because I need lumber mill. I'd make a different shipyard with different ships for every race. It takes time but it might be worth it. I dont like the draconics/sailing ship combo. The tankier dragon takes forever to hatch. Make some kind of expiring timer like metamorphis(the blue bar indicating how long its left before it ends. Lots of tooltips to be changed. Needs more units. Still, nice models. I love the mother dragon model(I use it myself in another map)

Edit4: Yeah I know. I've tested alot now. Tried sages, appears they were the undead race. Tried outcast(outcasts look more like sages) Not much to say about outcasts. Everything is like night elves. There's nothing to see. Except the first main building looks different(It still got the unroot ability so it looks weird.)

kingbdogz

Reaction score
Thanks for trying it out. First of all im not sure why the sages and outcasts were playable because they are no where near even started (but ive made the units) and i made a trigger that instantly makes you lose when you play as them. The shipyard is not meant for the Dragonics i made it for the computer because for some reason the AI does not build the Crusaders shipyard, so stay on the original team your on. I now see alot of bugs so thank you this will all be fixed.

BTW most of the ability's you saw missing were not done yet, 0.03 will have them all and crusaders will be near finished. Also i will be posting up concepts of the Crusaders Buildings (yes the current ones will not be used, those are humans xD), including the Main Building, the castle and alot of other building concepts. Yes the Assassin is waaaaaayy to op, i didn't have time to finish him off but he will get the nerfing hammer in 0.03. Once again thanks for testing it out. Like i said before, this was a mini beta and was kinda rushed so people could test it out.

Siretu

Reaction score
I automatically went into team 2, which lead to auto defeat. When I changed to team one it works. When is 0.03 coming? Looking forward for it.

kingbdogz

Reaction score
you can expect it tommorow at the least and the next day at the most. It really fixes alot of things including the team thing, that was kinda something i meant for campaign which i have lately been planning out (it's a pain). I only just realised today this will take a very long time to finish, well, the campaign anyway. The skirmish wont take too long as long as i get some team members, but only thewrongvine has offered to join which i really appreciate, thanks thewrongvine.

thewrongvine i sent you a pm.

So far im really stumped on the Dragonics, the dragon mother has been revamped with abilitys that spawn the eggs instead of building them, but when i use the ability it spawns all the eggs of that same "type" of ability, ive tryed getting around it through triggers but nothing so far is working and it's very tiresome, but ill find a way, if i can't ill just have to go back to building the eggs.

BTW heres a list of bug fixes ive done in 0.03 so far:

0.03 Bug/Balance Fixes:
-The loading screen had 0.01, when it was supposed to be 0.02, this has been fixed.
-The Sages and Outcasts were playable and not finished, if you play as them you now lose the game.
-The Dragonics Tankier hatching time has been fixed to a more appropriate wait. Previously in 0.01 it's time was very long because it used to be a super unit, this is not the case anymore.
-The Crusaders ability's were not finished in 0.02 but still said they had them in the tooltip, the abilitys are now implemented.
-The Assassin previously was very Over Powered because i had little time to make 0.01, this has now been fixed and has very low hp but fast regen. Also, it is not spawned as a squadron anymore, it is trained as one unit and is limited to only 1 unit. Price has been reduced.
-Building and unit sizes have been fixed.

NOTICE:
All of the Crusaders buildings and units models are placeholders, when i release 0.03 you can go to this thread and it will show the concepts for the upcoming models. These models will be made in time if i find a person willing to make them.

EDIT:

Sorry for double post, im just saying im nearly finished with 0.03 and just waiting for thewrongvines reply (i was asking if he could do some terrain), but in the meantime im doing the paladin but im not sure what spells i could do that are original and nothing like the warcraft 3 ones. So could anyone suggest any?

Siretu

Reaction score
So far im really stumped on the Dragonics, the dragon mother has been revamped with abilitys that spawn the eggs instead of building them, but when i use the ability it spawns all the eggs of that same "type" of ability, ive tryed getting around it through triggers but nothing so far is working and it's very tiresome, but ill find a way, if i can't ill just have to go back to building the eggs.

Base them of different abilities. Like summon spirit wolves and summon skeleton or something.

Is this going to be multi or single player?

I could help out with some things I guess. If you need some help you only got to ask. I might not have the time however. Working on an own race project featuring 3 races and balancing is a pain(You know that now i'm sure xD)

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Hey hotshot! The project you have started sounds and looks verry promising.ALso you have been working on this project since a few months.You are what evry mapmakershloud be- when you start a project you do it seriosly and don't hold back.(unlicke the guys maiking 4-5 projects at a time)Keep up the good job! If you need tester/replays/or any kind of ideas help tell me, i'll be glad to help out if you want

kingbdogz

Reaction score
Base them of different abilities. Like summon spirit wolves and summon skeleton or something.

Is this going to be multi or single player?

I could help out with some things I guess. If you need some help you only got to ask. I might not have the time however. Working on an own race project featuring 3 races and balancing is a pain(You know that now i'm sure xD)

Yeah i was thinking about that, i hope there is enough of them though.

Hey hotshot! The project you have started sounds and looks verry promising.ALso you have been working on this project since a few months.You are what evry mapmakershloud be- when you start a project you do it seriosly and don't hold back.(unlicke the guys maiking 4-5 projects at a time)Keep up the good job! If you need tester/replays/or any kind of ideas help tell me, i'll be glad to help out if you want

Thanks, i am very serious about this project, and if i did start another one it will just slow me down (thats why im sticking with one), even if this one can get tiresome or tedious sometimes, i still keep going. If you'd like to help just spread the word of this project in general, that is one thing that is easy to do and in the end helps out alot.

EDIT:

Sorry for double post just liked to update that the beta 0.03 will be out today and ive fixed the egg problem, but now ive come across another problem which might take a while.

Siretu

Reaction score
Sorry for double post just liked to update that the beta 0.03 will be out today and ive fixed the egg problem, but now ive come across another problem which might take a while.

Tell me about it.

kingbdogz

Reaction score
Well i've made the egg spawning abilitys, but they do not have the gold or lumber cost data, so i tryed to do it with triggers but so far im not sucessful, i made a post on world editor help but no ones replyed yet so...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.