o________o
Reaction score
RP Template

Progress:
Commands - 5%
Systems - 80%
Object Data - 10%

Notes:
I'm finally getting around to working on this. For those who don't know, it's a template with all the code (new and more efficient code, that is) so that any mapmaker can make a map like SotDRP or RARP.
The commands will be similar but not the same. Instead of using "Spawn XX <unittype>", instead (much like the doodad command) you set a unit to be created by using "unit <unittype>" and use the Create Unit ability on your spawner. Furthermore, for the sake of consistency, commands will all be preceded by "!". For example, you will type "!unit <unittype>" or "!ability <abilitytype>" or "!stat <attribute> <modification>".

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
My one question is this. If it's a template what will this include in detail?

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
hm... sounds intriguing. You are going to make a teamplate, so that new map editors, can rather easaly create RPG's. Hm... this will be good. Make sure you add atleast 5 different teamplate missions and a PvP arena to the teamplate.

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
My one question is this. If it's a template what will this include in detail?

Hopefully by the time I release it, everything, and more.

hm... sounds intriguing. You are going to make a teamplate, so that new map editors, can rather easaly create RPG's. Hm... this will be good. Make sure you add atleast 5 different teamplate missions and a PvP arena to the teamplate.

Nono, this isn't for RPGs like ORPG maps. This is for roleplaying maps.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
Hopefully by the time I release it, everything, and more.

... I was asking what could we expect, and if possible, something a bit original.

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
The purpose of this isn't to be original, it's to make things easier for people.

I will add more commands though, if that's what you're asking. Not quite sure about what they will be at the moment seeing as I just started working on this.

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
I think I will just wait untill you release it to see what you are talking about.

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
Great idea for thoose stuck on some of the basic, yet not that easily done triggers.

What I think Windex meant is open source is when the source of the software is not in any way hidden. A map isn't open source, it's just unprotected and since that's the way the regular wc3 saves map, it isn't something really special, additionally it wouldn't be much of a template if people cannot alter it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.