Opening Cinematic Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
These Blizzard fanboys, no changing them.

No, no. I enjoy Blizzard's games, but I'm not a fanboy (I don't play WoW atm, and haven't for about 2 months now). I was just pointing out that your reasoning for WAR Cinematic being more 'realistic' apply to a greater degree in the Blizzard one.

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Husky the Blizzard cinimatic is more... shiny and glossy, etc. Take a look at the first scene when they show the throne, see the ice, it's very fake.

But I did watch the Blizzard cinimatic a few more times, I noticed the snow.. that looked good. It got a bit more real but, I feel as if something is missing.. It feels like something very important is missing.

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Damn, that was a cool cinematic :D

Over the standard? Compared to the WAR one? Even by taking realistic factors into decision, the WAR one is way more realistic. The Blizzard one was very simple, does not require as much time, skill, or dedication to make though, not bad but still, it is not as good as you all think it is.

Hi w/e I don't want to argue with you but I have to this time, the warcraft cinematic took less time to make. There is less graphical animation, textures needed, etc. There is also less enviroment features. Notice in the WoW cinimatic the snow/tundra part looked really cartoonish. Note: I know WoW is aiming towards that look but you get my point.

Now take a look at the WAR cinimatic, it's much more massive, it feels as if you were actually there at the battle. Looking down from the walls, seeing the horde of chaos enemies. And of course this took more time, there are people fighting all over the place, lots more action.

By the way, I judge how realistic things are by looking at their textures, animations, enviroment.
Since when were Warhammer and Warcraft about realism? It's a bloody fantasy game, it doesn't need realism. If it was some other type of game that wouldn't make much sense without realism, fine, but WoW isn't 'some other type of game' - if you want to say how great the WAR cinematic is, there is the Games forum - as ArmedCitizen already said
This is the WoW Discussion forum. WoW commonly refers to World of Warcraft. Warhammer isn't World of Warcraft.

And if you don't want to argue with someone, then don't do it, instead of making up a sh*tty excuse and proceeding to argue

These Blizzard fanboys, no changing them.
This EA Mythic fanboy, no changing him :rolleyes:

Oninuva

Reaction score
I'm no EA Mythic Fanboy... I play WoW and WAR. What you call that..

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
It's true that more time was spent on the WAR cinematic, but thats only because it was much longer. If it was the same length, the WoW cinematic would have taken more time to make.
And I don't think you can call me a fanboy. The only game I play by blizzard is TFT. I personally hate WoW. Or most any other RPG for that matter.

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
The games contradict each other because they are made by rival companies. Since you play both WAR and WoW, you are contradictory. It was a play on words.

Reaction score
> the warcraft cinematic took less time to make
Where did you hear that from?

I say WoW cinematic looked far more beautiful than the WAR one, but that's just my opinion. The snow looked very photorealistic :thup:

Oninuva

Reaction score
Well none of you can really know how long it took to make unless you have done this kind of art before. Guess none of you have then ;)

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
Well none of you can really know how long it took to make unless you have done this kind of art before. Guess none of you have then ;)
I think we all realize that both trailers took a rather long time to make, but that the World of Warcraft trailer is far more realistic. I use 'we' exclusively.

Reaction score
> Well none of you can really know how long it took to make unless you have done this kind of art before. Guess none of you have then
Well if you know how long it took to make them, please do TELL us!

I think this cinematic would've fit better into some other game. Not online multi player game.

ArmedCitizen

Kisses Cats
Reaction score
Oninuva, just shut the fuck up man. Causing problems just for the sake of argument is so juvenile. Maybe make a thread debating the two or something but this really doesn't seem like the appropriate place. I know I am no mod and have no authority to tell you this but you are just making me timber shiver.

Oninuva

Reaction score
Hey it takes someone to respond for me to have something to argue about. Nobody can argue with themselves now can they?

And yes I do know how much time it took to make :) Just re-watch and see which one has more effects, animations, sound, etc. All this takes into account such as voice-recording, scenery, modeling, animation, etc.

Battlemapsta

I am the Conduit of Change
Reaction score
Take into consideration the fundamental procedure of re-edits, changes, etc. You're visual observations can be quite vague compared to the true formality that was went through into the designing of the cinematics.

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
Hey it takes someone to respond for me to have something to argue about. Nobody can argue with themselves now can they?

And yes I do know how much time it took to make :) Just re-watch and see which one has more effects, animations, sound, etc. All this takes into account such as voice-recording, scenery, modeling, animation, etc.

Yes I would know how long it takes. Don't assume. But anyway, this thread has been derailed enough.

Yes both would have taken a long time to make and both are excellent.

The End.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.