General Pitchman Billy Mays Found Dead In His Home

Frosthowl

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
TAMPA, Fla. – Billy Mays, the burly, bearded television pitchman known for his boisterous hawking of products such as Orange Glo and OxiClean, has died. He was 50.

Tampa police said Mays was found unresponsive by his wife Sunday morning. A fire rescue crew pronounced him dead at 7:45 a.m.

There were no signs of a break-in, and investigators do not suspect foul play, said Lt. Brian Dugan of the Tampa Police Department, who wouldn't answer any more questions about how Mays' body was found because of the ongoing investigation. The coroner's office expects to have an autopsy done by Monday afternoon.

"Although Billy lived a public life, we don't anticipate making any public statements over the next couple of days," said Mays' wife, Deborah. "Our family asks that you respect our privacy during these difficult times."

I wonder if discovery will still do the pitchman show. That show has only been out for two months or so.

Last edited by a moderator:

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
What's with famous people dying at 50 recently? :(

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Damn, never bought any of his advertised products, but I gotta admit, he was a pretty good salesman.

I still love his dubs on youtube though. :thup:

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
I live in the Tampa Bay Area, so my local news is flipping out.

Alas, the Infomercial King has died... :(
RIP Billy Mays

Kenito

I Helps Most Goodly
Reaction score
He was annoying and Vince was infinitely cooler, but he was an amazing person and YouTube infomercial dubs would be nothing if it weren't for his groundwork.

In his honor, everyone should actually USE the products he advertises for the day. :p

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score

Cheddar

This is the way it was meant to be.
Reaction score
Celebrity deaths happen in 3s. Leave it to Billy Mays to throw in another ABSOLUTELY FREE.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.