Campaign Questions.

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
Not sure if this thread goes here, but it seemed to be the most suiting Forum..

I wanted to ask a few questions about Campaigns, so here I go:

*Would anyone be interessted in playing a campaign?
-If yes, what would you like to see in a campaign?

*Would anyone be interessted in creating a campaign?
-If yes, do you have any ideas for how a campaign should be?

*This is a more general question - How many people would be a good number to work on the same campaign, together?

*Me and one other person has already started on a campaign, now I'm wondering if anyone would be interessted in helping? (I realize you would want to know more about the campaign before saying yes, but I'm speaking generally. You should also be confident in your map making skills, if you're good at creating pictures and icons that's a plus.)
-If no, would you be interessted in starting a brand new campaign with me?

Thank you for your time. :)

Lightstalker

Reaction score
1. Yes, if it's fun.

2. No, not really.

3. 3-5? It really depends.

Some tips:
- Since you're not restricted by map size, use custom models, skins, icons, etc. freely. This doesn't mean you should use custom models all the time. Use them only if they fit.

- Make a a nice loading screen.

- Use music. But not ones with lirycs.

- Make cinematics.
- Use proper grammar & spelling.

- Have an interesting story. (This is the main reason anyone plays campaigns.)

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
Yes. Campaigns have less limits then other maps (No file size limit, can open up new maps) so remember to use any types of imports as much as you want to make it more interesting. Remember to include cinematics. I would like it to be fast paced (That doesn't mean short) and have interesting storyline, too.

Yes. I have thought of it several times. I kinda have ideas for a campaign, but your question was "If yes, do you have any ideas for how a campaign should be?". I have ideas for how a campaign COULD be, but not SHOULD be.

*How many people would be a good number to work on the same campaign, together?
Too many people make it too hard. It can just make it go slower sending the map around. One person working in the editor, the other person making models\skins or finding muisic to use, gathering ideas, wrighting storyline, ect. then send his stuff to the guy making it in the editor to import it into its place maybe, but sending the map back and forth between people doesn't help much, or work out all the time. In total, I would say 1 to 3 main workers, 1 to 4 sub workers, but thats really all up to you.

*Me and one other person has already started on a campaign, now I'm wondering if anyone would be interessted in helping?
A part time job making some stuff for you maybe, yeah.

Nudl9

Reaction score
No, unless i dont have internet then i would.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score

>Yes, campaigns are fun and interesting because they bring in good stories (you should :p) through a limitless world of maps and stuff. If you're bored or don't have internet connection atm, I'd turn to campaigns; but either way, I'd still do the campaign. :D

-If yes, do you have any ideas for how a campaign should be?

>Yes, I would be interested in creating a campaign... if I got to finish my other maps. :) Well for a campaign, the first thing to do should be creating a storyline. Make a few characters to start with, and just the background like the world and time.

*This is a more general question - How many people would be a good number to work on the same campaign, together?

>Well, sometimes, having a lot of people is good, but if you have time (since it's like around the summer), less people is better so you don't have to do as much switching, and there will probably be less arguments/discussions as to opinions. I'd say a total group of 2-4 would be good.

And I would gladly help with a campaign/start a brand new one with you - but I'd like to know what it's about, lol. :) Because of my first response with all the business with maps and stuff of my own.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.