[Recruiting]People for an RPG project!

C-Death

I love you
Reaction score
Hello members of TH.net!
I am looking for members of a team to make a cool RPG; in the code box will be the back story

Long before time was recorded, lived a powerful and deadly breed of people. These people separated into two different factions; the Yakizu, and the Kimun. Both of these deadly factions have resorted to using powerful magic as weapons to defeat the other. Now, with a world full of undiscovered places, people, and items; members of both factions must find their own way in life. And eventually, one faction will arise victorious.

Note: If a job has an [X] next to it, that means it's all filled up.

What I am looking for:

Artists:
Custom Loading Screen Maker
Skin makers
Modelers? (Don't know yet)
Terrainers

Triggers:
People strong in JASS
Some Basic GUI stuff

Heros, spells, and items [X]
Need 1 0r 2 other people

Think you've got the right talent? Post your AIM here!

Requirements:
AIM
1-2 hours a day to work on it
dedication

post what position you want and your AIM here.

Thanks!

C-Death

I love you
Reaction score
I'll be involved in a little bit of everything except the loading screen art and jass. Those are the areas i can not do.

I

iSoul

I dont got aim but i got Skype and MSN, i can make thunder spells easy.. I can make spells with GUI for you, but i'd like to know what part you are making.

C-Death

I love you
Reaction score
(See above post for what I'm doing)

trb92

Throwing science at the wall to see what sticks
Reaction score
I could do some JASS coding for you. However, I cannot run AIM on my computer so I would have to communicate with you via e-mail or MSN.

C-Death

I love you
Reaction score
Okay...another announcement: MSN works.

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
I could help with terraining if u want. I can also do a little skinning, nothing amazing though.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
HAHAH! It's so funny. Everyone that does what you do (asking for like 10 people to help you) says the SAME EXACT THING:

I'll be involved in a little bit of everything except the loading screen art and jass

That's like so much of it. Please, instead of asking for like a list of people to help you and then you take credit, learn how to make it yourself. I mean, maybe if you're stuck with a trigger or something, or you need a friend to help, there's nothing wrong with that but this, it's just nubsaucecake.

Terraining? Won't you even try? Skins and models? Get them from a website or just request them. Unless they are really special ones. Triggers? Learn how to make them. I know some are hard, but are you asking for people to do all of it? Custom loading screen maker? That's just a picture sized up to WCIII dimensions, extracted into a .mdl, and imported in. Just ask for help or look for a tutorial.

http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/loadscreen.php is a great tutorial that I used to learn from. As for getting a picture, just use photoshop.

Sorry that I exploded on you but I hate people like this. Not you personally, though.

C-Death

I love you
Reaction score
HAHAH! It's so funny. Everyone that does what you do (asking for like 10 people to help you) says the SAME EXACT THING:

That's like so much of it. Please, instead of asking for like a list of people to help you and then you take credit, learn how to make it yourself. I mean, maybe if you're stuck with a trigger or something, or you need a friend to help, there's nothing wrong with that but this, it's just nubsaucecake.

Terraining? Won't you even try? Skins and models? Get them from a website or just request them. Unless they are really special ones. Triggers? Learn how to make them. I know some are hard, but are you asking for people to do all of it? Custom loading screen maker? That's just a picture sized up to WCIII dimensions, extracted into a .mdl, and imported in. Just ask for help or look for a tutorial.

http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/loadscreen.php is a great tutorial that I used to learn from. As for getting a picture, just use photoshop.

Sorry that I exploded on you but I hate people like this. Not you personally, though.

wow...thanks for screwing up my thread. I'm not going to let everyone else do all the work...right now, I'm doing the hero making and I just wanted to check the thread. As for the models and the skins, your right, I could get them from a website, but, if a member of the team was good at modeling, (which we have someone) that person could make models specifically for the project. Aren't I going to try terraining? Yes, I am going to try, but, if i uploaded some of my terraining, it would put most of this forum in shock.

As for the loading screen,
1) Not all of us have artistic ability
2) Not all of us have the download speed or the money for photoshop

I can't believe I just had to type all of that to defend our project...

oh, and if you hate people like me, keep it to your self.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
If I offended you, I didn't mean to. "Not you personally." You're not the only one. There's been so many people like this who just ask for so much. Try it yourself; learn how. You say you "dedication" to this; can't you dedicate time to learn? If you need help with learning so you can make this map, not help to make the whole map leaving you some jobs that you just do, then we're right here and we'll all help you to our best ability.

I don't want to get into an arguement, so what say we ignore this whole thing and instead of that, I leave to you:

Good luck with this, the team who is making this. :)

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
I have a question, you just said how you would make heroes, and then you said above, that you need people to trigger the spells??

C-Death

I love you
Reaction score
>Banlord

I (along with the team of hero makers) will make some of the heroes and spells, but, aren't all spells nicer with JASS and triggers?

C-Death

I love you
Reaction score
If I offended you, I didn't mean to. "Not you personally." You're not the only one. There's been so many people like this who just ask for so much. Try it yourself; learn how. You say you "dedication" to this; can't you dedicate time to learn? If you need help with learning so you can make this map, not help to make the whole map leaving you some jobs that you just do, then we're right here and we'll all help you to our best ability.

I don't want to get into an arguement, so what say we ignore this whole thing and instead of that, I leave to you:

Good luck with this, the team who is making this. :)

Actually, I'm the one who needs to say I'm sorry here. I blew up on you, and thanks :D

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score

I think the exact opposite. It's the map's creator's job to supervise everything. They're called directors in the movie business. If he's only doing a small portion of the work, staying in one field, how is he different from all the rest?

He has to work in every area, so as the game comes out as he wants it. Otherwise, the map is created by a team of people, not any one person in particular, with great help from these people.

I was close to -repping you as well.

I

iSoul

Okey, a little update :
The hero spell makers are already taken, so you guys shold start taking the other "jobs" like loading screen.
Hero/Spell makers : Me and (i think Darkfett) So that is taken.
Deathguy im finished making the Mage spell, and i wonder what other spells you need, send me a pm with a list.
And stop talking crap about this. He is just trying to make a RPG map, and people who wourld like to help him with the developement need to read trough every stupid post where you say things like "OMFG H3 HAES CANDORY" and then you say things like "you derepped me, why?"

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.