reducing lag in-game

cowmenace

Reaction score
isn't DR for delay, meaning involving internet connection? I don't think it has to do with the amount of RAM the game uses up

kingkingyyk3

Visitor (Welcome to the Jungle, Baby!)
Reaction score
Dota only hav 2 custom modles so that why no lag. U need to reduce the custom modles

If dota only has 2 custom models, why is it so big?

>>Try using the widgetizer to reduce the lag
widgetizer only fasten the loading time of map, it does not reduce lag

cowmenace

Reaction score
There's no leaks, no infinite loops. The game lags when there's custom models on the map, but only for some. I assume the ones who experience lag don't have very good computers. When I changed model detail and animation quality to low, the map ran fine except a some lag when buying a ton of custom units

dragonhord

Knowledge is true opinion. - Plato
Reaction score
Well if you're lucky you could always ask someone to try to make you a low poly modern era soldier for you... But regardless, 100 on the screen at any given time seems like a lot for a war game, maybe that's just me... Especially if the game is actually intended to be a modern warfare like game... *and just curious, what's wrong with the marine that blizz provides? it's not the best, but I never really minded playing games that had them in it lol...*

cowmenace

Reaction score
because I have 6 different types of soldiers. There's soldiers, special ops, and mercenaries for 2 teams (capitalists and communists)

punwisp

Reaction score
But my custom models are modern soldiers... with guns and stuff o_O I can't just swap them out with wc3 models, that will destroy the game. My dilemma is such a bad one! Ruin the game, or have it be ruined by lag.... The only way it is playable on an average computer is to turn the model detail and animation quality to low, but it's not like people are going to do that just for my game =/ agh, there HAS to be a compromise, I will go insane if there isn't!! I put sooo much time into this

You know.. if you took my advice on it, you can make the filesize near nothing by just making it into a medieval theme =P, then you can use mainly or just all models ingame models, then you wont have this problem. And you can keep that plane for some super duper elite shit >.>

All this can prob be solved if you do this =P Then every unit besides hero won't be a custom unit! =D

Just think... Little to no lag and like 1MB or less filesize =P

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.