Request your GUI spells here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
@Gwafu:

the 3 random corpses turning into skeletons is easy.
I would, however, like to know the stats of the skeleton (or maybe a unit to base it off)....unless you will do that for whoever triggers the spell?

Edit: also, you could do the spell yourself...it's really simple :S . Please remember that this thread is not for every random whim, but for people who really have no idea how to do a certain spell.

Ex trigger:
Trigger:
  • Trigger 1
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to (Raise Dead)
    • Actions
      • Set Temp_point = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Special effect - Create (whatever effect) at (Temp_point)
      • Special effect - Destroy (last created special effect)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Temp_point)
      • For (Integer A) from 1 to 3 do (multiple actions)
        • Set Temp_Group = ((All units withing 500 of (Triggering unit)) matching ((Matching unit) is dead Equal to True)
          • Unit group - Pick random unit from Temp_group and do (Multiple actions)
          • Set Temp_point = (Position of (Picked unit))
          • Unit - Create 1 Skeleton at (Temp_point) facing (Default building degrees west)
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Temp_point)
          • Unit - Remove (Picked unit)
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_Temp_Group)

This trigger should work for you fine.
Note : Freehand.

@Glenphir:
Thanks for taking my suggestion :) . It really helps.

Gwafu

Reaction score
well tnx :p
i really dont know it

1 out of 2 done
I wonder who will do my soul drain

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
well tnx :p
i really dont know it

1 out of 2 done
I wonder who will do my soul drain

If you check the first post, you can check the status of your spell. I'm currently working on it while doing my homework at the same time. So hope you be a bit more patient :p

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
Lol. Thanks....btw, I just realised that it would skeletize more than 3....editing the earlier code to match now.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Completed the spell Soul Drain. Check the first post for the demo map.

@ envenger
Are the blood worms supposed to be controllable? Do they have health or are they invulnerable?

lionheadxO

Reaction score
I forgot to ask, how do you make it so you keep control of your unit while it's gone? As in when you use smokebomb, when you disappear, still have your unit under selection so you see them on your bar. Is it able to be done in GUI?

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
I forgot to ask, how do you make it so you keep control of your unit while it's gone? As in when you use smokebomb, when you disappear, still have your unit under selection so you see them on your bar. Is it able to be done in GUI?

It is very possible. Instead of hiding the unit, set the transparency of the unit to 100%.

Dest

Reaction score
Glad you liked it. I probably could use the icons you gave me...I was just too lazy. Will include the proper icons in the update.

Changing the range is pretty easy. Including lightning strike is also pretty easy, it's just that I don't have the ability in my editor (unless it's a default ability?)....so I'm depending on you to slip that in unless you give it to me.

Note that I will tell you the exact place in the triggers to change to a dummy set.

I'll remove the change colour effects. I just wanted the different levels to be obvious.

Anyway will get to deleaking + making it easier to read/edit + changes you want.

-------------------------------
-------------EDIT--------------
-------------------------------

Alrighty. Finished again.
* Your changes have been implemented, please check it out.
* It is now completely leakless (unless I missed something).
* It now has editable variables at the starting trigger of each spell.

Note: Some editables might be missing. This is because you need to change the numbers in the object editor itself, as base spells have been used.

Note 2: If you want Eleclipse to be a non-channel spell (you run around and it shoots lightning) then:
1) Open the Object Editor
2) Goto Abilities -> Eleclipse
3) Set all the cast times to 0

Note 3: If you need help with implementing your custom spell Lightning strike, don't hesitate to ask...I've included CAPS comments to help you find your way around my triggers.

View attachment 34163

I still have a few questions though. When you added that model to the Eleclipse, it looks tad a big, can you show me how to change?

And I'll have a see if I can add Lightning Strike. You could download the ability from this thread anyway.

Thanks a lots though. :D +rep

envenger

Reaction score
Completed the spell Soul Drain. Check the first post for the demo map.

@ envenger
Are the blood worms supposed to be controllable? Do they have health or are they invulnerable?

No they are not controlable, and yes they have health 500( not yet decided)
They have 100 movment speed and last 15 secs

Yes it has to be MUI

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
@ Dest: Unfortunately...I don't know how to lower the scaling value of the special effect model. There are no doubt a few modellers who could do that for you on this forum.

@ Gwafu: To add a duration, add this line after the skeletons are created:

Trigger:
  • Unit - Add a <Time> second Generic Expiration timer to (last created unit)

Hope that helps.

@ Glenphir:
It is very possible. Instead of hiding the unit, set the transparency of the unit to 100%.

I think the shadow of the unit will still be seen...

@ Leazy: I am very confused when it comes to your request....according to it:

-> Unit dies
-> Units within 400 get pulled + Lightning effect
-> As they are within 400 the effect stops...no idea if the pulling gets stopped.
-> As they are withing 400 range the effect starts
-> Loop 3 and 4.

???? Could you explain it a bit clearer?

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Ph[o]bia, Ring of Fire and Eye of the Devil - Completed

where is the second one???

Ah, sorry about that. Seems that I accidentally set that to complete while editing all the links.

@ Moridin
Well since the unit is in a cloud, the shadow would be hardly seen.

INCINERATE

Reaction score
hi, i cant seem to get this ability to work, maybe u can give it a try and post it :thup:

name of ability "Regeneration"

i tried basing the ability off essence of blight (so its autocastable and recognizes low hp units within aoe) , and triggers a scroll of regeneration Ability to heal all units ( when attacked the effect wears off). a seemingly easy spell turns out to be quite complicated for me due to order strings.. can you make it for me? or post a code on how to do so at least. Mui

mariopoop

Reaction score
just to one unit, and the explosion causes 100 dmg for every unit around the exploding unit.
thanks in advance!

:)

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
hi, i cant seem to get this ability to work, maybe u can give it a try and post it :thup:

name of ability "Regeneration"

i tried basing the ability off essence of blight (so its autocastable and recognizes low hp units within aoe) , and triggers a scroll of regeneration Ability to heal all units ( when attacked the effect wears off). a seemingly easy spell turns out to be quite complicated for me due to order strings.. can you make it for me? or post a code on how to do so at least. Mui

So basically your spell is supposed to detect the unit with lowest health in the area?

@mariopoop
By the way, the unit that grows is the targeted unit right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.