Arena Robot Wars - |Map of the Week #3|

darkbeer

Beer is Good!
Reaction score
hm, i currently dont have anything to do, so if you want i can (try) to create an AI for your map, but i have to say i never created any AI before, although im quite good at triggering.

if you want me to work on it, send me a PM, also i'd like to know if i can use vJass or has to be GUI.

ill send you a trigger made by me if you like.

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
The new version 2.1 is soon here folks! I'm in need of ideas for improvement. This far I have added two new random events, some new items and a new ability. (Replaced Boomerang.)

I now need your ideas for what more could be added/changed! It could be anything from cows raining down from the sky to a new game mode that puts everything into slow motion. All ideas are welcome, so please let your ideas flow.^^

More details about the new version will come soon.

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Well my friend still has the loading screen (his making them) so it won't be available until tomorrow. Then it will be uploaded on both Hive and epicwar.

Larcenist

REP: Respect, Envy, Prosperity?
Reaction score
Congratulations on winning the Map of the Week contest ^^.

Now upload my 2.1 asap! :p

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Version Update!
2.1 is now here!
Updates:
New items, one new ability (thanks to Larcenist for the idea^^), new random events and a lot of bug fixes. For instance if someone leaves when there is no battle he will not be counted as still playing. Well, you better check out the rest in game.^^

Links for download:
Hive
Epicwar

If anyone is going to host this please notify me, I would love to join! :)

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
I love the map! Great work!
Heh, thanks. :)

I have an idea that I would like feedback on.
Ticket Lottery:
Basically you buy a ticket for let's say 50 gold, when you do so you get to choose who you think will win the next round (including yourself). At the end of the round you will be awarded with let's say 300 gold if you guessed the correct player.

Other ideas is of course welcome.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I personally never liked events that could change the game based on luck. And a lottery is a perfect example of that.

Just my personal opinion :D.
As for the map, I like it. I haven't played it online yet, but based on what Flare keeps saying, It sounds very fun. :D

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
I personally never liked events that could change the game based on luck. And a lottery is a perfect example of that.

Just my personal opinion :D.
As for the map, I like it. I haven't played it online yet, but based on what Flare keeps saying, It sounds very fun. :D

Well, rounds can come to a grinding halt if it's just a "stand back and wait for them to shoot" stand-off, so the events do help to clear that up. And it's also particularly fun when people throw themselves into the event's 'thing' (whether it's lasers, or whatever), even though it's even better when people throw themselves into the pit, or other player's projectiles :D

EDIT: Oh, you were talking about the lottery thing? Or all the random events in general?

Also, don't play with Larcenist, he cheats ;)

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Well there are already 17 random events that can give you an upper or lower hand and those are 90% luck. :)

It is indeed.^^

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm a bit in need of your ideas. I'm about to replace the ultimate spell "Charged Explosion" with a new one. I have no idea of what it should be so therefor I'm asking you to help me come up with an idea that would fit.

Conditions:
- It has to be an ultimate spell.
- It must be a no target spell. (Examples: Fan of Knives, War Stomp.)
- It has to fit with the theme. (Something a tank/robot could use.)

Remember, I'm only asking for ideas, not the spell creation itself, I will handle that part. You will of course receive credits in the map.

Minor request:
Taking ideas for all sorts of items that would fit with the theme.

Larcenist

REP: Respect, Envy, Prosperity?
Reaction score
Awesome another spell idea :D.

Unfortunately all I can currently think of is math (just finished a 4 hour long exam :S), but I might be able to think of something.

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Thanks, that would be great. ^^

Current progress for the next version :
Magnetic Ball no longer skips through spell amount requirement.
Elemental Wrath deals damage already in the twirl and the projectiles won't disappear when used close to the Arena wall.
Shield levels up.
If you take more damage than the shield can absorb then the overdamage will be shown. (The remaining damage after absorbing a part of it.)
The mortar teams and the volcano (random events) no longer shoots on specific points. They now shoot fully random over the arena.
A new item has been added.
The ability Charged Explosion is going to be replaced, don't know with what yet.

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Hey there, as you may know I'm still looking for more item ideas and of course the idea for the new ultimate spell. I have received a suggestion and I want to know what you think of it.

Current idea for the new ultimate skill:
Burn them all!
Description:
Sends out eight fires around you in a straight path, the fires will leave burning trails after them for ten seconds. If an enemy comes close to one of the big fires it will be overheated (stunned) for two seconds taking 100 damage. If being close to a fire trail then you receive 30 damage per second.

Don't have any idea for any new item or the new ultimate skill but still want to help and decide what should be added changed? No problem, just drop your idea here or in a private message to me and if it goes through you will receive full credit.

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Still taking ideas for the new ultimate spell and new item ideas.

New item: Rocket Launcher
Classification: Active
Cooldown: 60
Gold cost: 500
Description:
Shoots out a rocket towards your facing angle. The rocket will explode on collision with the first enemy unit or any wall dealing 150 damage in an 200 AoE.
Classification: Active

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Hehe, no it's not targeted.^^ As I said before I'm replacing Charged Explosion since it's completely worthless. :) But I will keep your spell in mind if I decide to replace any of the targeted spells. :thup:

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
The next update will soon be here. I have added some new items and of course the new ultimate spell.

After some testing against my friends I finally got it balanced to the other ultimates. I will wait to tell you what it is until the update comes. ^^

Question: I have currently added a 50 gold bounty for killing other players. Good or bad?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.