RuneScape Open RPG

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
what im doing is im making so the abilities are more balanced and that stats dont give you much of the stuff they are normally supposed to. Like AGI, is just going to give you .5% attack speed. Strength is going to give you 5HP a level. Intelligence 5MP a level.

But I may change this... so dont really expect it or not okay?

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
hmm if your going for that true RS fell thou, u might wanna make everything accordingly, like HP matches up, no mana, and all that other good stuff, lets see, agilty works on defnse, Strength raise HP, and make the heros inteligence be there base skill, then go to the one thing and change strengt to say, Health Points, change Agility to say Defense, and then change Inteligence to say either Strength or Attack

Outbreak191

Reaction score
You could make all heroes agility based and set Strength as HP and intelligence as Magic. You should also call agility Combat or something like that.

Edit: I see that you need a triggerer, I can help but I don't know JASS (If thats a problem) I can be a tester too if you want. I just have to make a USWest account now (It will be Outbreak191). I do Have experience on Runscape because I have a lvl 60 character there.

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
I don't need a triggerer that badly, because I'm really going to be the one triggering, what I need is someone who can like do a skill for me. Like I don't know how I should do the skill. Its called Farming.

Bartuc08

Reaction score
i could help more if i had my WE on this computer, once i get internet for my comp ill work on theiving, a skill ive always wanted to do, and i can maybe even work on a few other skills

Jimpy

The Invisible Observer
Reaction score
Me and banlord were discussing how we would use the variety of abilitys on a single units and the ideas we/me ( :p ) were to either use the base ability spell book, and give it to a hero... then within that some how include a leveling system for individual skills. The other idea was perhaps to have a base units that is able to switch into a variety of other units with the skills.

So base unit wants to fish, changes into the skilled unit (fishin, farming, crafting, smithing etc) then wants to fight, changes back to base, then to fighting unit. With this system, exp could be granted for the types of hero in different ways, fighter kills, skilled does fishing and stuff, mage casts spells...

Only problem would be creating a clean way for the hero to switch into the other unit with same level and experience, at the same place as your current hero without replacing the units spent level points, otherwise you could just go all out fishing then seitch back into base unit, then back into skilled and level only farming (or whatever ability/skill you need strong)

Possibly have several units but only control one at a time, then when switching, just have the two heros switch position.

To follow, a trigger would have to syncronize the two heros (and others) hp,mana,agil,str,int and such... Tricky stuff, I'm just a terrainer. :rolleyes:

Bartuc08

Reaction score
Jimpy said:
Me and banlord were discussing how we would use the variety of abilitys on a single units and the ideas we/me ( :p ) were to either use the base ability spell book, and give it to a hero... then within that some how include a leveling system for individual skills. The other idea was perhaps to have a base units that is able to switch into a variety of other units with the skills.

So base unit wants to fish, changes into the skilled unit (fishin, farming, crafting, smithing etc) then wants to fight, changes back to base, then to fighting unit. With this system, exp could be granted for the types of hero in different ways, fighter kills, skilled does fishing and stuff, mage casts spells...

Only problem would be creating a clean way for the hero to switch into the other unit with same level and experience, at the same place as your current hero without replacing the units spent level points, otherwise you could just go all out fishing then seitch back into base unit, then back into skilled and level only farming (or whatever ability/skill you need strong)

Possibly have several units but only control one at a time, then when switching, just have the two heros switch position.

To follow, a trigger would have to syncronize the two heros (and others) hp,mana,agil,str,int and such... Tricky stuff, I'm just a terrainer. :rolleyes:

hmm well that could get annoying but if done right could work, in order to keep exp and shit like that just make it sorta like this

Code:
E - a unit cast an ability
C - ability being cast equal to (switch to fisher)
A - move fishing hero instantly to curerent hero spot
     move all players controlled by owner of triger unit to hero place
     change owner ship of all heros in hero space to nuetral passive
     change owner ship of fishing unit to player red
     Set life of fishing unit to life of hero (or whatever)

[edit]

one second gotta add a few more actions

[edit] although ugly looking thats a basic layout, lol

Jimpy

The Invisible Observer
Reaction score
I got that trigger down, its the fact of keeping a units abilitys, otherwise they always reset so you can change them everytime you switch to your needs, which would really screw up the game.

Ps: Bartuc get on msn.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
I like the idea... but I just don't know how you're going to do attack. EX: Higher attack, higher chance to hit more damage. Raising attack damage would not work, since that is strength, and neither would critical strike. Ex: He randomly hits damages between 1-9, but every so often, he'll hit a 10... it doesn't make him hit higher numbers more often, just 10's.

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
Sorry guys, me and Jimpy have to say something, we've gotta either re-do the WHOLE entire map or we gotta end the project. So were trying to fix it right now :).

Bartuc08

Reaction score
i put together a little demo for theiving, at the moment it only includes man, and levels 1 - 4,

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
hehe cool, what i want to learn is how to save variables... that would be pretty cool... like if you have a variable of ######## exp it will store it...
then it will go into the level variable of maybe ..... 65

Bartuc08

Reaction score
just finished a Herblore demo, it shows how to identify herbs, and how to identify herbs and make potions, at the moment it only identifies herbs into gwam (for demo purposes) and it only can make Attakc potions,

whenever i get internet ill post them on here, and if u have any questions or problesm just tell me, and if your completly lost ill do the whole thieiving and herblore ability my self (but if i do it myself it ould take longer, because i procrastinate alot)

Kershbob

Reaction score
A guy called Proserpine has a near finished Runescape map that's really, REALLY good.

Just to let you know you have competition.

0cossin77

Yes, I am awesome.
Reaction score
Ya, I kinda stoped maping for a few months here, but I got the pro-ness of senkin and 56k that helped me. and if you didnt know what kind of map im making look at my avatar...

Bartuc08

Reaction score
added a demo for mining to the map, whenever i get internet ill pos them

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.