Saiza's ORPG

Saiza

Reaction score
Hello!

I'm making an RPG. It will include:
2 races:
Orc, Human (As orc you wont be allied with the humans and the same for humans, it's like horde and alliance in WoW)

Orc classes:
Warrior
Shaman
Blood Hunter
Warlock

Human classes:
Fighter
Ranger
Mage
Priest

You will start out as a peon / villager, and once you hit lvl 10 you can chose wich class you would like youre villager / peon should be knowledge in.
It will be 256x256 (Is it possible to make bigger maps?)

60 lvls for each hero,
I have a story line:

Orcs:
The Orcs live in tribes in the Southern Blasted lands (supposedly something that looks like Outland/Desert area) and have chieftains. For months the Orc shamans (and warlocks) have felt uneasy about a disturbance in their mystical energies. One of the Orc chieftains Gurantar (name to be changed), and strong Shaman, meditated over the issue, and using his Far Sight ability was able to locate the source of the problem. An ancient artifact has resurfaced itself after hundreds of years in the Eastern Kingdom. Not much is known about this artifact, but that the ones who posses it receive great power (that can either make them an ultimate being or corrupt and destroy the un-worthy). The Orcs are the only race who know of this artifact (since it was supposedly created by their ancient ancestors - know one knows exactly how though) and was closed by them in the depth of the sea. So the Orcs rally a campaign that is to go to the Eastern Kingdom (which is rarely visited by the civilized races) to go retrieve that artifact before it reaches the wrong hands. A group of brave Orcs (warriors, shamans, hunters etc.) has been sent in order to retrieve this artifact lead by the Blademaster Ru'gnul. Their fate is yet uncertain, but their task is certainly not easy.
Creator Notes: The artifact should be something like a rock, which sends massive amounts of energy from it. One must 'drink' from the rock in order to obtain its un-natural powers. The rock was created by the old Orc (and maybe Trolls if you want them) Shamans and Warlocks in order to fight the savage beings that walked their land in those times. Yet after having but a test of their strength they sent it to the bottom of the ocean, where it was never to see the light of day again. Now a Human Mage as located the stone and had put a spell on it to bring it out of the ocean. Unfortunately when he tried to use it he was found un-worthy and became corrupted. Close to death the Mage disappeared, but the stone remained.

Humans:
The humans inhabit the Northern lands, where they are ruled by a Prince (name required).
The Prince is fairly new to the 'business' (as his father died of age two years ago) and has advisors (Warriors, Mages and etc.) that help him make decisions. The humans are in a constant battle with the Orcs from the south in the area around the borders. The Human leader Juliano (name to be changed) is always looking for weakness in the Orc's lines to strike when they are un-prepared. Lately he has seen the Orcs' warrior numbers in the lines decrease (as they are sending people to the Eastern Kingdom) and feels that the time to fight is now. He asks the Prince to send all of his army to the border and deliver a fatal blow into the Orcs' territory; one that could re-shape the entire kingdom.
Human Mages have also felt the change in the flows of magic since the rise of the stone but do not know of its lore and cannot explain what is happening. However they feel their powers weakening. In order to stop this they must find an ancient scroll of magic hidden in the ruins of an old Troll lair. However never before has a Mage brave enough stood up to take the challenge and the world of Mages is searching desperately for a strong enough soul.
Creator Notes: The corrupted human Mage was once an elite Wizard in the Prince's court, so he knows of the existence of the rock. He doesn't however know what became of the Mage after he left months ago.
The ancient Troll lair that the Mages are trying to locate is found underground, but is hidden carefully and inhabited by dangerous and foul creatures (some that people didn't even know existed before-hand).

Thanks to Stavious for that one =)

But I need someone to make the terrain, becouse I have no clue about how to make beautiful terrain, and it would feel to worthless to work at the map if it wasent a beautiful surriounding to have fun in =) So if anyone have time to make the rpg, are good and want to help a poor little kid like me, it would be appreciated. You will get creadit ofc :D So, if you wanna help please tell :)

Well, the human place should be like snowy and cold since it's north. The orc place more blastedlandish and the troll lair like a troll lair should be XD And different areas like in defiance rpg :p
Oh well, that was all fact I could give you at the map atm :p

crystalguard

Reaction score
to Help or Not to Help

well i am not very good at terraing but i do have some idea for monsters/creeps/ect, i am not sure that will help much in the map untill the terrain is done, but i will be happy to help in any way i can:D

PS: why are you changing the Character names i like um'

Saiza

Reaction score
Well, once the terrain is fixed, then youre help would be appreciated :)

PS. What?

Linkoln

Reaction score
This gonna be third person? i love third person maps. makes it more realistic.

Is this game gonna be a slash fest or will it involve some strategy? i have tons of stratigic bosses u could use.

Saiza

Reaction score
As you read my mind ;)

I also hate all the fucked up bosses like in defiance rpg, hit - kill, just kite and you can kill anyone. I will make more strategy bosses :) Sure, post youre bosses :D

Linkoln

Reaction score
Cool

Great, i love posting my ideas, makes me feels special

Barracks Warmaster

Setting:
This is a fight that should happen in a bases barracks, a large unit, Abom, Tauren, somthing big, is placed in a room with a circle of power in the center and 6 catapults in a sort of "six sided die" position.

Fight:
The boss has too much life too kill manualy, you would have to be 5 times its lvl to do even a little dmg, what you do is you drag the boss to the circle of power, then hit a catapult, after that the boss relizes how hes going to die and starts to destroy the catapults, and the player must do a Specific amount of dmg to gain aggro again.(The Catapults will have switches that will turn off and on at regular intervals)

Do that about 6 times and Hes done.

Hidden Death

Setting:
This is a Rogue boss thats invisable permanitly, there are 4 cameras in the corners each facing a different quarter.

Fight:
The boss, being stealthed, cannot be seen. He does moderate dmg to you from the front position, but massive dmg if he gets you from behind. Once he gets to about 10% health he gets the ability to TP behind you. Use the cameras to lock on to his position and then start fighting him. once he leaves the region your camera was looking at he will he'll go back to being invisable. After a few attacks he'll head for a new region.

Do this X times and hes Beat

Magi's Tower

Setting:
4 circles of power at each corner and a constand stampede (Moderately slow and replace kodos with magic). Any Mage will do.

Fight:
The mage magicly appears in one of the 4 circles, and 3 clones site in the others. after about 5 seconds of them standing still or dancing or whatever you want, the real one will start to cast a spell, relitivly 5 second cast. The spell will hit everyone els in the room and the 3 clones will disapear.
If you hit the mage while hes casting he will get stuned for 5 seconds and then go back to the rutine. If a player gets hit by one of the stampedes, he will lose 10% health and return 10% to the mage. (Encourages the players to not camp :) ) And to make it so mages dont just shoot some random spell on them, spells will be not be able to activate until the Magi is knocked unconcius.

Well three is good for now, i dont wanna clog up you thread like i do mine. These are all ideas from my orpg that i never finished. If you ever want more just post and il update this one with more.

crystalguard

Reaction score
Wow Linkoln i like your boss ideas i have only came up with one Stragey Boos In 3 Mounths lol by anyway here it is:cool:

Fovia.
Setting: in a room with one power generator in each coner and a rune that moves to a different spot in the room every 5 ecconds. each Power Generator has a circle of power in front of it at an angle. And a Mage class unit like a shamon, Surrounded in constantly circiling Lightiling around it.
The Fight: the mage is constantly useing random spells at you like (storm bolt,impale,breath of Fire)[but -the Stun effect] if you try to attack him directly the lightling with send you across the room dealing 50 dammage. But as long as you have the Rune in your invotory the lightling dosent effect you but the abbilitys he uses gain back the stun effect. to destory him you must enter all the circle of powers withen 10 secconds. when you step in one the circle of power turns red and after 10 secconds it changes back. if you succsffuly enter all the circles withen 10 secconds the lighting dissapears for 5 secconds and the Power Generaters shoot at the mage dealing 45 damage per generator that shoots:eek: do this 5 times and he dies

Linkoln

Reaction score
Purple Monkey Dishwasher

good ideas, but you should leave the naming to him so he can fit it into the plot. Just put somn catchy like this.

A Grave Situation

Setting:
Your inside a crypt, The Banshi queen sits on top of a podium, and graves surround you. slowly zombies come out of the graves and begin to attack. 8 supports are on the edges.

Fight:
The queen is invinsable while she is on the podium, and is shooting u wither her arrows. break the supports to crush the Graves and stop the zombies. After all the supports are broken a rock will hit the banshi queen, and knock her off. Then you have 1 minute to slash her to death, then bolt out of the place befor it collapses.(rocks will be falling as you go and will stun you)

Thats one more for Linkoln.

Saiza

Reaction score
Ahhhh! Much better than I could imagen! :D Thanks alot guys =) More ideas are appreciated :) I specialy loved the Barracks Warmaster =)

Edit: Still no one wanna do the terrain? :( :p

Demi666

Reaction score
yeah im good with terrain..
but i wanna see map first so i dont make terrain for nuthing

Saiza

Reaction score
Actually, I just made some scratches for the units, and been gathering stuffs like the bosses for a while. I was thinking that if the terrain doesent go this time, I fuck the whole projekt since already three people took on themself to do it, and everyone stopt after a weak or so. So i were planning to start out hardcore IF someone is doing the terrain, else it would just be a whaste of time. Atm i'm learning to trigger better incase someone would do the terrain. So if you wanna do the terrain it would be appreciated. ;) Jag hoppas att du fortfarande vill göra terrängen nu =) Tack och hej, lever pastej

Linkoln

Reaction score
Hey man, one kind of boss u dont really think of are race bosses, so im gonna post one here.

Kelvin's Lair

Setting:
Long, donut shaped arena covered in ice. Speed Increasers throughout the path, and blockades. The Ice Lord stands befor you.

Fight:
Basicly, as i said befor, the arena is in a donute shape and covered in ice. Speed boosters will increase your speed and blockers will make it a li'l more challanging. The ice lord (One of those big white yeti's you find in IceCrown, only this one is 3 times the size) runs around the arena trying to get behind you to strike you down. You have to use the speed boosters to catch up to him, then smack him relitivly 3 times to knock him down(use death animation for falling), then use spells and all that jazz to kill him, after about 5 seconds he gets back up and continues.

Features:
~If you get stuck behind a rock he'll stop and throw something at you.
~Ice will Rain from the sky in periodicly in areas and you will have to avoid them.
~The game is played on ice with the "Slipping on Ice" trigger and you will be constantly moving.

Thought this one up just now. BTW "Kelvin" is not the name of the boss, its Absolute 0 incase you didnt know. I thought it would be clever.

Skitals, The Troll Shaman King

Setting:
a normal room with 4 totems representing the elements.

Fight:
the 4 elements each have a special job. Earth-Heals Fire-Does Damage Water-restors mana Wind-Increases speed. To kill him you have to destroy the Water totem to stop his mana flow. then destroy the fire and wind totems to waste his mana regenerating those totems. once he is out of mana, destroy the earth totem and start killing him. After a minute the totems will respawn themselves.

Skitals has Frostshock, RockBiter, Healing Wave, and if he has half his mana when he dies, he anks back to half health.

Cya on the other side:cool: -Linkoln

Steel

Software Engineer
Reaction score
Saiza I noticed your question: "It will be 256x256 (Is it possible to make bigger maps?)"

Yes it is, you can use World Editor Unlimited to just create your map as a larger size. But this comes with a price, the problem is if you break the terrain maximum default parameters, you are going to be increasing the load time of the map rather significantly and this cannot be fixed by any programs. The more terrain used, the more you will lag. I know from first hand experience with my map and I thoroughly tested load times.

Good luck though.

Saiza

Reaction score
Hmm. Defiance RPG is bigger than 256x256? (Hehe, i'm always talking about defiance, but it's the only one I know in wc3 :D)

Steel

Software Engineer
Reaction score
My map is 480x480, it is extremely large, but as I've said it is at a price. The map takes a rather long time to load the terrain.

Saiza

Reaction score
Well. With 256x256 you dont got room for much. Anyone know about defiances size? I think it's kinda good sized. Anyone still wanna do the terrain? ; )

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
The size of the map isn't what matters, it's how well you use that space. Having huge map is nice, but really, you should start out with a smaller map, maybe large if you really want to make the game big, and just cram as much gameplay as you can into the area. Whoever said you could only use an area for a quest once? You could have a couple "areas", which have a main area, and a few sub-areas connected to it, like a temple in the forest or a cave in a mountainside. Then have different quests make it so you have to go into the same area, but do different things. For example, lets take a orc fortress of sorts high in the mountains. (all levels and rewards are guessed at)

Hellblade Fortress:
This is a medium sized orc camp, held by strong and courageous orcs. The orcs regularly raid other orc camps and local farm communities, mostly to steal supplies.

Map:
..........._________............
____....|.....2......|............
| 3 |...|___ ..___|............
|_ |..........| |..................
__||____....| |.....________
|..........|__| |___|........__|
|....1.....___c____.....4...--> b
|...........|...........|_____|..
|__.....__|.......................
....|..|............................
....|..|___........................
....|___--> a....................

Areas:

1) Main Camp: This is whrere the bulk of the orcs live, eat, and sleep. Constantly has orcs wandering around. Though they are not alert, they will still attack and kill any intruders they see.

Notes: The camp is very busy during the day, but at night most of the orcs are sleeping, so it is possible to sneak around in, as long as you avoid the few orcs still actively wandering the camp.

2) High Camp: This is where the chieftan, as well as some other important people live. The center has an area for meetings and such to take place, or for the chief to address the rest of the orcs. To the left and right are the tents where the higher class orcs live, eat, and sleep. They are somewhat higher quality than the other orcs, but for the most part everyone lives the same.

Notes: Security is slightly lower than in the main camp, as there are less orcs moving around, but the patters are more random, and the orcs much tougher, as they are the elite warriors. There are also many valuable weapons and other spoils from raiding.

3) Storage/Holding Cave: A mostly natural cave that goes a small way into the mountain. Used by the orcs to store things that need to be kept cool and out of the way, and also to keep prisoners of war in.

Notes: Not many valuables here, but plenty of supplies, mostly stolen, to keep the orcs alive for a long time. A few prisoners are kept here, mostly orcs from other camps. Very lightly guarded, as anyone trying to get in would have to make it through the main camp, not to mention the path up to the camp. (the orcs are not aware of the secret entrance)

4) Training/Practising Grounds: A small area on a ledge, used by the orcs as an area to practice and train their combat skills in. Filled with dummies and weapons of all sorts, including dull or wooden practice swords and axes.

Notes: This area is impossible to sneak through during the day, as it is full of orcs fighting each other or just practicing on dummies. At night, however, it is almost always empty.

a) The main pathway to the camp, is constantly guarded by tough, well trained orc guards. Impossible to get through undetected, as the orcs are constantly suspecting raids from other orc tribes in the area, or even an army sent from a nearby human city to completely eradicate them.

b) This is a secret, very small animal trail that leads into the camp. Blocked by rocks and debris, and hard to see, but it can bring you into the orc camp without being noticed. Comes straight into the training yard, so it is best to use this at night, when the area is empty.

c) This is the path that connects the main camp, high camp, and training yard. During the day, there are constantly orcs walking to and from each of the areas, especially from the main camp to the training grounds and back. During the night, there is rarely anyone walking on it, however.

Residents:
15 grunts, level 30-37 orc warriors. Guarding the main path, wandering around the main camp and practising in the training yard.
7 orc archers, level 33-35 orc rangers. Mingled in with the normal orc grunts, act and live almost exactly the same way.
4 elite orcs, level 38-45 orc warriors. Mostly wadering around in the High Camp, sometimes a couple in the training yard, and rarely one or two may walk around the camp to see what's going on.
3 shamans, level 40-44 orc shamans. Almost always wandering around the High Camp.
1 orc chieftan, level 48 orc warrior. Almost always in the High Camp.

Quests:

Rescue the Lord's Daughter: (level 10+)

The lord of a nearby castle has asked you to sneak into the nearby orc camp and help his daughter escape. He reccomends you talk with some of the locals, and see if one of them can tell you anything that may help you.

Notes: As you are likely much too low level to actually fight the orcs, you need to sneak in through the secret passageway. You can try to find a way in yourself, or if you ask around in the rangers guild, or talk with some of the local hunters, they will mention that there is a small animal trail that leads straight into the camp, which the orcs probably don't know about. If you go there at night, you can sneak into the camp and make your way to the storage area. In here, the girl is tied around the wrists and legs, and one rope is tying the rope around her wrists to a hook on the wall. There are also a few other prisoners here, including a few human prisoners, and a couple orc prisoners. You can help them escape as well, which makes it harder, or cut them loose and leave them on their own, or just leave them there and escape with the girl. Either way, you make your way out and return to the city. If you helped any of the other prisoners, they may help you out in return (1-2 may turn out to be important persons), or give you a small reward. Return to the lord with the girl to get your reward.

Reward: 1000 gold and 5000 experience.

Bounty - Hellblade Orcs (level 35+)

You can return the insignia dropped by the orcs of this tribe to the local bounty office to get a reward.

Reward: 250 gold and 100 experience per insignia.

Eradicate the Hellblades (level 45+)

A local lord has put out a large reward for any adventurers capable of wiping out the local orcs. To collect the reward, you must show the scalps of at least 10 orcs, as well as the special insignias of each of the elite orcs, the shamans, and the chieftan. Return these to the lord and he will give you the reward.

Reward: 5000 gold and 3000 experience.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.