US News Scientists find active 'super-thermite' in WTC dust

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
A team of nine scientists have unearthed startling data from dust gathered in the days and weeks after the World Trade Center towers collapsed on 9/11. They discovered that scattered throughout the dust samples were red and gray chips of 'active thermitic material', or an un-reacted pyrotechnic explosive.

Thermite is used in steel welding, fireworks shows, and hand grenades. It is the combination of a metal powder and a metal oxide which produce a reaction known for extremely high temperatures focused in a very small area for a short period of time. The 'active thermitic material' discovered in the World Trade Center dust was a combination of elemental aluminum and iron oxide, and is a form of thermite known as 'nano-structured super-thermite'.

“These observations reminded us of nano-thermite fabricated at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory and elsewhere; available papers describe this material as an intimate mixture of UFG[Ultra-fine grain] aluminum and iron oxide in nano-thermite composites to form pyrotechnics or explosives. Commercially available thermite behaves as an incendiary when ignited, but when the ingredients are ultra-fine grain and are intimately mixed, this 'nano-thermite' reacts very rapidly, even explosively, and is sometimes referred to as 'super-thermite',” the report explains.

Last edited:

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
Probly just remains of the explosives in the Airplane...
Or was it already in the walls of the World Trade Center?
Maybe this was all just a 'Trick', to have a reason to enter the Iraq and having the airplane as a decoy?
Whatever... These News arn't realy important, are they? I mean, they should have searched a loooong time ago, as President Bush was still president.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
We used the trade centers to go to Afghanistan.

DogOfHavoc

Future Tragedy
Reaction score
There were no explosives on the planes, the explosions were caused by the jet fuel. As such, there shouldn't be any explosive residue. Hmm...

Father_Yetti

Reaction score
wow, lol, this is just the tip of the ice-berg. Anyone with a brain and who is not being paid off or threatened can look into the facts surrounding 9-11 (not the bullsh*t the media has fed you) and see that the stories we were giving don't add up. What about WTC5 that was admitted, by the lease holder no less during an interview, to have been demo charged. A plan didn't even hit this building and it sustained very minimal damage from fires, only two isolated rooms had minor burn damage. This building was their base of operations and this is why it was 'pulled' to cover their tracks. Pulled = means brought down by demo charges. Why do you think they immediately shipped the wreckage to China? They didn't want metallurgic test being done. Just the tip of the ice-berg folks - America is sleeping and most likely will be when the next stunt is pulled launching us into WWIII or its precursor. Next I fear we will blame Iran, and that the threat will be nuclear or at least much more devastating in nature than 9-11 ever was.

Kelv

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
It amazes me how you think they could have covered this up. How could anyone think that the costs would outweigh the benefits on that one.

Father_Yetti needs to do some more research if he wants his comments taken seriously.

WTC5 didn't fully collapse. I'm guessing you were confusing it for building 7. If you weren't you may be interested to know that part of one of the planes did land on it.

If you were talking about WTC7, which I'm very sure you are since you mentioned the lease owner talking about how they placed demolitions in the building. That is a very large stretch, especially since he later commented that that's not how he wanted his quote to be interpreted.
"We've had such terrible loss of life, maybe the smartest thing to do is pull it". "They made that decision to pull", he recalled, "and we watched the building collapse."
What he meant was he didn't think it was worth sending firefighters in there after the building had already sustained a lot of damage.

Of course you would know what he was saying better.

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
Also, I heard that (regarding whichever building was allegedly demolished by demo charges), from a dude in the demolition trade, it would not be possible to rig a building in such a short period of time (as in, the time between the first impact and the destruction of the building) for demolition.

It would also not have been possible to set it up beforehand, as the wires that would criss-cross the building would have been spotted by, well, anyone with eyes.
Even if they have this dust, there is the question of how it was set off, which, as I just mentioned, would not have been possible.

Varine

Reaction score
All this really proves is that thermite was present, which everyone already knew in 2004. All thermite is made of is rust and aluminum.

Kershbob

Reaction score
The study is by a conspiracy theorist who has a PhD. in Physics not Engineering. The Engineering related lecturers and staff at the university he worked at immediately questioned him when he first came out with his views.

They noted that Jones' "hypotheses and interpretations of evidence were being questioned by scholars and practitioners," and expressed doubts about whether they had been "submitted to relevant scientific venues that would ensure rigorous technical peer review."

He was co-chair of one of the ridiculous organisations with James H. Fetzer (who is crazy). Also he's a Mormon, who I don't really trust with scientific research that has a heavy moral burden (sorry offended people).

In short: it would be impossible to rig the towers with explosives due to bomb sweeps and maintenance crews noticing the explosives and most "researchers" on the issue are of dubious knowledge on the subject matter.

Varine

Reaction score
Also he's a Mormon, who I don't really trust with scientific research that has a heavy moral burden (sorry offended people).

Why does that have anything to do with anything?

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
9-11 was somewhat remotely panned, the people that don't really see it generally don't want to because we "lost so many people" and they don't want to believe that the government did it. They'd rather believe some "bad country" set by the media did it. The "facts" they gave us don't add up at all, so unless they provide better "facts", this is how I'm staying opinion wise.

Varine

Reaction score
9-11 was somewhat remotely panned, the people that don't really see it generally don't want to because we "lost so many people" and they don't want to believe that the government did it. They'd rather believe some "bad country" set by the media did it. The "facts" they gave us don't add up at all, so unless they provide better "facts", this is how I'm staying opinion wise.

There are no 'facts' that are any better on the conspiracy side.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
There are no 'facts' that are any better on the conspiracy side.

Not even the one about the pentagon? The video that was released that showed no airplane at all hitting it, and the after effects showed absolutely no air plane remains? Thats one of the main reasons I started getting into it, though in all reality I don't really care, besides the fact of all the lives lost.

Varine

Reaction score
There's a plane in the video. It's a choppy frame rate, but you can see part of it.

Varine

Reaction score
I guess you could see it that way. I think a lot of people really just want to have an excuse to hate Bush and the government and use this as a backup.

Regardless, you're allowed to believe that and I am supposed to defend that right so go ahead.

Effane

Save/Load Code Tutorial
Reaction score
I dont think DDRtist would know a missle if I devlivered one to his house.

A. Missles have unusually bright tails, rocket fuel is very noticable when it burns.

B. Explosions from military grade explosives. (If this missle was the size of a small airplane it would be about 1500-2000 pounds) are HUGE. In fact you never have felt anythign like them. A 2000 pound bomb can cause causualties at 1/3rd a mile from the shockwave alone. It will snap trees and break every window in 3/4 a mile. Yes, I have seen 11 of them detonate from 1/3rd a mile away. Watching it bend 150 foot tall trees like a hurricane and flex buildings like accordians was incredible. There isnt enough ejecta from the impact to say its a explosive missle. And regular cruise missles are just too small, more the size of turbo prop plane.

C. Where did the people on the plane go? Seems an entire plane with people is missing. Did they scrap the ID, program it out of the Radar system that blankets the East Coast and then dump it into the ocean without any of the debris coming on shore? I highly doubt it.

Conspiracies are like bad religions. You want to believe them, because you really dont understand what happened. You have to live them, and once you do there is really little reasoning with that person till they drink the coolaid and it almost kills them.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Nah Effane, I personally don't care, I don't follow the conspiracy, or anything of the such. I've just personally thought it was a rocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.