Seth Cross Writing

Rate the Sampler

• 2/5 Stars - You need a lot of work, but you're kinda on your way.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
No, the books were a big hit before the movies. When the movies came out it then grew in momentum till what we see today as "success". How you measure success, though, is in money.
Guys, art isn't about money or fame.

Its about material objects you buy with that money and awards you win ;)
But really Authors don't make that much money off there books, unless there like a great success

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Yeah the best artists are poor, or dead. Good Luck, Seth!

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
lol, i did a report on J.K. Rowling (which isn't her real name, phools!). And it was "high" before the movies came out cuz it was the first of its kind.

but Seth, don't worry. "Never give up!" - Naruto Uzumaki o_O

Halahan

To die will be an awfully big adventure.
Reaction score
Self-publishing I've heard is extremely hard, but it might be a great way for a book to taken notice of and therefore get a large publishing company. I hear thats what happened with Eragon.
Idk, just a thought I had.

Oh, and I don't want to start an arguement, but I didn't like the movies. That's really though just cause I read the books first (which by the way are pretty darn good)

Technomancer

Reaction score
I read the intro to your books, and they sound interesting, but I don't have an account on your forums to read them with, so I'll put that off for now. A few initial things:

High School tends to scare me off of most books. I understand that the manuscript looks pretty much done, but do you think the book could benifit from the opinions of an older non-supernatural character? Disbelief is a good reality check in fantasy-meets-reality books, and a middle-aged woman or man would be a great way to get the characters into trouble.

The characters seem to come out of nowhere (in the preview). Why is the second oldest Vampire in the world, doing assassin work for a witch? Also, God help me if I pick up another vampire/werewolf/witch and warlock book where those things have random powers coming out of their asses they they expect me to accept in a line and a half of casual dialogue from an old man. Are you sure that your heroes and villains are fully fleshed out and strong characters? Try to ground them as an individual in an existing culture (like an eastern european) that a reader can grasp onto, or give them a non-generic place in a group or family.

Again, I might be spitting into the wind here, I haven't read it yet, and I have to go to get a TAM card (Nevada thing) in about half an hour, so I'll get to DLing it and starting on it. Despite the above, good luck, and from everything I've read on publishing it's a good idea to not give up on it, the books-to-rejections ratio is absurd, like 100-1 or worse, and most good books are rejected many times before publishing.

Ed: CH1 review with notes in red:

Attachments

• Corruption - Chapter 1.doc
    176 KB · Views: 222

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Posted my response on GH.net.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Yup, that's what I meant. Never knew it wasn't spelled Taunt, though... Interesting.

You know what, I don't think I ever fixed that damn word...

Anyway, I updated the first post, the list now contains links to "My Last Fall" and a new poem, "Not the Devil"

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Lol these are deep. You are a great poem..ist. The 'I Hate You/I Love You' was pretty interesting. How come f!@# was censored but not s%#? lol.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Because I tend to think certain words are worse than others. Even on the forums, I say "Hell" and "damn" without any censoring, while I tend to refrain from "ass", "bitch", "bastard" and "shit".

Very rarely, if ever will I say "fuck". However, when writing, I write uncensored. I have a foul mouth in real life, so I don't refrain anything from my writing that I wouldn't refain from saying.

But for forums, I'm considerate enough to block out certain words people wouldn't want their kids reading, regardless of how desensitized the children are these days TO these words.

And the word you were looking for was "poet".

DM Cross

Reaction score
The Library of Seth Edgar Cross

As many of you, I'm sure, have heard or realized by now, I have an awful lot of story ideas. Most of those ideas are little more than a vague description of plot and a few character names thrown together with, again, vague personalities attached to them, but still... I do have quite a few stories in mind. I am going to begin trying to write more, even if it's little more than character descriptions, random scenes I believe I'll implement into the story, etc. etc., just to keep my writing juices flowing. This may or may not help me with my recent writer's block, as well as help everyone around me SHUT THE HELL UP about begging me for more stuff :D

Like I said, I will be using this thread not only as an index and archive, but for some feedback. Please provide SPECIFIC STORY FEEDBACK IN THE SPECIFIC STORY'S THREAD, but if there is something you'd PARTICULARLY like to see, let me know and I will see if I can find the inspiration :)

Novels
  1. Bio-Blood Sucker
  2. [Blood War Series] Corruption
  3. [Blood War Series] Re-Birth
  4. [Blood War Series] <Brant’s Book>
  5. [Blood War Series] Ascension
  6. [Blood War Series] Blood War
  7. Burned Wings
  8. Dark Rituals
  9. Deadworld
  10. Demonologist
  11. Doctor, Doctor
  12. Graveyard Crew, The [Novel Series]
  13. Hell Caller
  14. I am Forever
  15. Immortal
  16. Kingdom of Evil
  17. [Kranin Stories] Beyond Death's Door
  18. [Kranin Stories] Demonic Angel, The
  19. [Kranin Stories] Druid's Tale, A
  20. [Kranin Stories] Hunter
  21. [Kranin Stories] Huramdrin, The
  22. [Kranin Stories] Lone Wolf Complex
  23. [Kranin Stories] Mixed Bloodlines
  24. [Kranin Stories] Necromancer
  25. [Kranin Stories] Sage
  26. [Kranin Stories] Wanderer, A
  27. Light in the Shadow
  28. Lost at Mind
  29. Lost Crossroads, The
  30. One Last Hell
  31. Past Conflicts
  32. Reap Her
  33. Shifter
  34. Social Shadow
  35. Sunken Earth
  36. Time's Up
  37. Truth Hunter

Short Stories
  1. The Last Hunters (3 Part)
    • Farewell
    • Lessons of Life
    • Dawn
  2. The Seven Deadly Sinners (8 Part)
    • Anger
    • Envy
    • Lust
    • Greed
    • Gluttony
    • Pride
    • Vanity
    • The Seven
  3. Baby Fangs (7 Chapters)
  4. The Gift Giver
  5. Heaven, Hell, and Everything In Between

Keep in mind, this is a very personal thread for me. Disrespect, thread-hijacking and spam will not be taken lightly. You have been warned.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
So, this is a library post?

COOl! lol, love this idea (and you and your stories of course, heheh.. :D..)!

Great way for people to see your stories/poems/anything else in a categorized place and read them.

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
Reaction score
Yeah, you sure do have a lot of stuff, and most of it seems to be pretty popular amongst the Writer's Corner because you can actually write (no offense, fellow WC fellas, but the majority of us are just plain awful), so this will be a great way to have everything organized for everyone. You sure as hell have enough janx for people to keep coming back to this thread and finding something new for all eternity, so yeah. Cool, man.

Red Beard

Part-Time helper.... Full Time Lurker
Reaction score
Seven chapters of Baby Fangs? :D

Do tell more.

DM Cross

Reaction score
The story spans across 7 days, one entire week of a child in... Elementary? Middle? School as he finds out some of the other kids in his class aren't human and are trying to revive an ancient evil in their substitute teacher who, ironically, is only there for a week.

Dun dun cha, sir. Dun dun cha, indeed.

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
Reaction score
What's "Dun Dun cha"? That's one onomatopoeia that I'm not familiar with. Also, that story idea sounds pretty good. Also, how in God's good name do you have 11 thousand posts? On this website? How many do you have on your own? Do you post at any other forums pages? I mean, doing the math, it seems unreal that you'd have enough time to do everything... no wonder you don't like drugs, you couldn't possibly have the time for them.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Dun dun cha is the classic old drum, drum, cymbol sound that comes after a comedian tells a joke in old-school stand up acts.

Why did the chicken cross the road?

To get to the other side! *Dun dun cha*

See?

Keep in mind that I've been here for...3 years now. My own forum only has seven thousand or so posts on it's own. Two thousand or so are mine. Seven to eight a day. Almost 10 a day here on a more popular forum, obviously.

Keep in mind that Baby Fangs is a short story. Most people actually didn't like it, so I said I would re-write it and I doubt I even have the first copy lying around at all anymore.

People loved the Last Hunters, though, I believe.

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Was just reading through some of your work, and I must say that it's great. It's a shame that your work isn't on my Leaving Cert English course (some interesting stuff would be easier to study :)). Gonna keep an eye on this thread and see what else appears, hopefully it'll be as good as the other poems.

Also, I noticed this in "Pain Go Away"
So I guess we’ll lie together, bonded by the untrue
Is 'bonded' a word? I always thought it was 'bound' (or are both words usable?)

Also, I've always wondered. Seth Edgar Cross is a pseudonym (I think that's the word :p)?

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
Is 'bonded' a word? I always thought it was 'bound' (or are both words usable?)
It's a word. 'Bound' has a different meaning than 'bonded.'

DM Cross

Reaction score
Also, I've always wondered. Seth Edgar Cross is a pseudonym (I think that's the word :p)?

You mean a pen name?

Yes. Seth Edgar Cross is not my real name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.