Sci/Tech Smartphone made out of 'paper' that will shape with your pocket

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
article-1383903-0BEBBE3E00000578-729_634x520.jpg

In an industry where unbreakable and smaller are best, the world's first interactive paper computer looks set to dominate for years to come.

The PaperPhone has a flexible electronic display that is set to herald a new generation of computers.

Extremely lightweight and made out of a thin-film, the prototype device can do everything a smartphone currently does.

It can store books, play music, send text messages - and, of course, make phone calls.

Last edited:

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Yeah, but it'll advance Darth, :)

As of now, I personally wouldn't want something like that, but who knows what becomes the next trend...

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
It can't do texting. I don't want anything without a physical keyboard.

Also it would take minutes to do what you can do in seconds on a regular phone using this.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
this is just a Prototype, and with time it'll advance like TWV said.
Remember, Rome wasn't built in a day and the original computers wouldn't have been able to fit in your room.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
this is just a Prototype, and with time it'll advance like TWV said.
Remember, Rome wasn't built in a day and the original computers wouldn't have been able to fit in your room.

But there's no way of making a physical keyboard that's bendy and has tactile input.

xPass

All aboard the xPass Express!
Reaction score
Now teachers have to check your wallets in school to see if you're using your phone in school! :D

Wummi

Just Relax and Smile!
Reaction score
Now and again you will find one in a garbage can. It just looks like one of those soft laminated leaflets, it'll just go in the trash with everything else on the table.

Dan

The New Helper.Net gives me great Anxiety... o.O;;
Reaction score
Ok... first of all let me say: this is pretty cool in a few ways. It's very cool technology that could be developed and over time become something that could make for some convenience computers and other items... BUT LET ME SAY THIS: Whoever thought it would be a cute idea to build in "bend technology" was an absolute freakin idiot. That is so far from being realistic that I just don't know what to say. There is no reason why they couldn't or wouldn't want to just put some small buttons on the corner of the device to do all the simplistic instructions that were being used to tab through the different elements on the device. Sometimes... People amaze me.

xPass

All aboard the xPass Express!
Reaction score
There is no reason why they couldn't or wouldn't want to just put some small buttons on the corner of the device to do all the simplistic instructions that were being used to tab through the different elements on the device. Sometimes... People amaze me.

Chill, this is but a prototype.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.