Technology Steve Jobs Resigns as Apple CEO

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Here is the just released letter from Steve Jobs:

PRESS RELEASE: Letter from Steve Jobs

August 24, 2011–
To the Apple Board of Directors and the Apple Community:

I have always said if there ever came a day when I could no longer meet my duties and expectations as Apple’s CEO, I would be the first to let you know. Unfortunately, that day has come.

I hereby resign as CEO of Apple. I would like to serve, if the Board sees fit, as Chairman of the Board, director and Apple employee.

As far as my successor goes, I strongly recommend that we execute our succession plan and name Tim Cook as CEO of Apple.

I believe Apple’s brightest and most innovative days are ahead of it. And I look forward to watching and contributing to its success in a new role.

I have made some of the best friends of my life at Apple, and I thank you all for the many years of being able to work alongside you.

Last edited by a moderator:

YourFace

<span style="color:#9C9C9C;"><strong>Runner Up - T
Reaction score
But he doesn't resign from apple so it probably makes minuscule changes in the company, aside from Tim Cook having more power.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Steve Jobless, anyone? :p

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
Itll be the same thing as when bill gates left CEO of Microsoft, nothing will happen, and i still think hes going to do WWDCs and announcing products at exhibitions.

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
Doubt it. He looks fine and he says he's looking forward to watching the progression of the company.

You look forward to anything when you have cancer :(

xPass

All aboard the xPass Express!
Reaction score
Doesn't necessarily mean he's dying. Not in the short term anyway. Everyone dies eventually.

Yeah, :truestory:
Tis' nawt a good omen :(

One of my quotes go:
- Where there is life, death comes after. ~xPass

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
He will probably be the first one like in Futurama that has his head still alive in a Glass Jar.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
I saw a picture of him today. Looked really bad. Probably does not have long left.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.