Stolen tutorials - Admins, this is important.

D

Dino.pl

> You know the advanced mappers thing with acehart, etc is gonna be flamed like crazy untill that "Elf" get's his butt kicked off the forum.
Do you mean... Elf kicked of his own forum?
Maybe not his own, but he's a mod or an adm...

> I suppose they don't care about Memory Leaks in Europe
Hey, I'm from Poland (just like Elf), but I do care!

WastedSavior

A day without sunshine is like, well, night.
Reaction score
Rabarber said:
OMG

It's not that bad, is it? I'm on SFilip's idea. Lets all register and give him a good -rep.

yes, 10-20 people with neutral rep, trying to give him 0 negative rep? o_O

Battlemapsta

I am the Conduit of Change
Reaction score
Yea I just found out but the members should be smart enough to flame him.
If you don't do anything to an insensitive person it's just wrong. Just wait all new tutorial developers your next on the list.

WastedSavior

Reaction score
Battlemapsta said:
Yea I just found out but the members should be smart enough to flame him.
If you don't do anything to an insensitive person it's just wrong. Just wait all new tutorial developers your next on the list.

i hope so, im still feeling bad that my tutorial wasn't worth stealing :(

S

saihttam

To tell the truth I believe everyone is overreacting. Sure he took the posts, and didn't credit them, but if you think about it:
~He didn't claim them as his own
~the purpose of the posts are to help people who have questions, not to raise glory for the creator
~it's just an internet tutorial, it's not like it's life or death
~It's a public posting area, it's not a personal website where everyone has their own area, and makes claims on everything.
I think he should've added credit, but I'm sure not everyone really pays attention to tht. It would be like one of you seeing a helpful site somewhere and just posting it to hlep everyone. But still, credit probably should've been added.

Daelin

Kelani Mage
Reaction score
saihttam said:
~He didn't claim them as his own

But neither did he deny that he owns them... If he gave credits of course, it means that he doesn't claim them as his own. But when you don't mention a thing about the original author everyone believes that he is the author of those tutorials. And it's not fair. I worked my butt on them, and I'm sure that so did the other members who were stolen. This just isn't fair...

~Daelin

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Only just discovered this thread and what's going on.. That's got to be the worst tut theiving I've ever seen, didn't even bother to check through them lol ^_^.

noobs these days :rolleyes:.

~Jindo

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
Why dont we just spam the bastards tutorials with evidence that he copied them?

Battlemapsta

Reaction score
It's like he is lieing to the puplic by leaving the suggestions thing but also preventing us from questioning his acts so it's pretty stupid.

WastedSavior

Reaction score
Battlemapsta said:
It's like he is lieing to the puplic by leaving the suggestions thing but also preventing us from questioning his acts so it's pretty stupid.

pretty stupid but brilliant at the same time, we can't bitch about him stealing it this way :D

Battlemapsta

Reaction score
Why can't we get some proof, be members, and post a a thread about him with all the real helpers members replieing. That would work :D

Edit: Oh yea Daelin if you remember the new member Battle Modler from before you should know it's me by now :p

D

destructive

For those of you who think he didn't claim them as his own. He did indirectly. And I quote:

XIX. Final Note

I know this tutorial may have some problems, and that there might be a lot of things to mention, but keep in mind that spellmaking is a very ample subject. I did my best to give you a… brief introduction into spellmaking. From now, all you have to do is be creative, practice, and get better. Once you feel like you can do almost every spell (limited by the editor of course), you can attempt to learn JASS, but not before! This doesn’t include MUI for all the spells of course, because this is the main reason people use JASS. I suggest atleast a 4 months experience of spellmaking, in which you worked intense in this domain.

Oh, and I almost forgot... There are other sources from which you can learn: other people's spells. The idea is to look over their code for learning, not just to steal their work. In the spells section you can search only for trigger enchanced spells... Some are better than others, you may even notice that some people made mistakes, and if you notice that, it means you are better than them in some areas. However, you may also learn new things from those people. There is always something more to learn...

I am waiting for your further suggestions. Have fun making cool spells!

AND he removed the makers name at the end.

"~daelin"

Battlemapsta

Reaction score
Why can't the smart people develop this code worder.

:The process:

1. Make a word
2. Activate the new [Word Lock] option
3. Type a password

There you go.

Daelin

Kelani Mage
Reaction score
destructive said:
AND he removed the makers name at the end.

"~daelin"

You got it. Normally if he wouldn't have clamed these tutorials as his, he wouldn't remove my signature, or anyone's else. It's true that I use my signature at each post, but he copy pasted the whole tutorial except it? Hehe... stealing of course. :p

~Daelin

HG-Bonfire

Reaction score
If you look back on their forum in InsultedPersons post, the members from the forum dont seem to suprised, to me it seems almost like they were just dissapointed that they got caught. but hey thats just me.

Battlemapsta

Reaction score
Common I need to answers

1. My edited question for Daelin :p (off topic)
2. My word saver option

The saver sure gotta be the best way to save a project.
Also works in games like WC3 (of course)

Edit: Hahahaha the hour of justice has come.
I told you my proof idea works and I deserve +rep for saving you tutorials.

Daelin

Kelani Mage
Reaction score
Sorry battle, I didn't get what you meant. could you be more specific?

~Daelin

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.