Stolen tutorials - Admins, this is important.

Battlemapsta

I am the Conduit of Change
Reaction score
As I remembered in WC3sear I was Battle Modler.
The only time I saw you reply was on my fire teleportation spell which you never posted :( but here I got the answer.

Ring a bell?

Edit: DDRtists stood up for the ranks good going man :D

D

Dino.pl

> 1. Make a word
> 2. Activate the new [Word Lock] option
> 3. Type a password
What do you mean?...

Battlemapsta

Reaction score
What I mean is for example a sig that can't be removed without figuring out a password. So you can just make a pass in which can contain a total amount of like 100 characters. That many characters is impossible to figure out.
I think you don't have to ask that anymore ;)

Daelin

Kelani Mage
Reaction score
He means that you can't copy-paste a text unless you know a password. Sounds like a neat idea though I doubt it is possible.

And no, it rings no bell. Sorries... It has been long time ago, I remember that I promised some requests and then hehe... lost the time for them. Sorry about that once again. :(

~Daelin

Battlemapsta

Reaction score
Did you try searching in the spell request page for fire teleport? I think that was the exact title.

X

xflip04

"To tell the truth I believe everyone is overreacting. Sure he took the posts, and didn't credit them, but if you think about it:
~He didn't claim them as his own
~the purpose of the posts are to help people who have questions, not to raise glory for the creator
~it's just an internet tutorial, it's not like it's life or death
~It's a public posting area, it's not a personal website where everyone has their own area, and makes claims on everything.
I think he should've added credit, but I'm sure not everyone really pays attention to tht. It would be like one of you seeing a helpful site somewhere and just posting it to hlep everyone. But still, credit probably should've been added."

but he didnt even ask anyone if he could use them. If one of those tutorials that you took the time to make was yours wouldnt you be angry? No one on the sight knows that he copy/pasted them so there just going to give him endless credit for them.

PS. I think he was pretty stupid to copy/paste them through about 4-10 minutes each. It makes it look not realistic.

Zakyath

Reaction score
Dino.pl said:
It's just like DotA Allstars...

Hey, and what the hell is that supposed to mean?

IceFrog has given credit to EVERYONE! Just because you're too lazy to read the Credit part doesn't mean it doesn't exist!

MrApples

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
He didn't steal any of mine, i'm insulted :(

The forums there suck anyways. Just get a hacker friend(Are they so hard to find these days) to take care of it.

Lord_Kakashi

The Wabbits are attacking
Reaction score
Just a basic off topic question:

Does your rep + and - substract / add more depending on ur own rep?

Luth

Lex Luthor!
Reaction score
Thats what happens when you dont protect your maps... er, tutorials. :cool:

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
@Lord_Kakashi
yes. for example i have 3 boxes atm (
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
) so i give 3 rep. and i -rep for half of that so 1 in this case.

@Zakyath
indeed. he credited the people that made original dota and dota tft right? and ofcourse unreal for the copyrighted sounds he used, right?
but this is not a dota topic so...

Zakyath

Reaction score
Of course not, but you may find for every little custom icon too, and hero ideas, etc.

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
SFilip said:
@Zakyath
indeed. he credited the people that made original dota and dota tft right? and ofcourse unreal for the copyrighted sounds he used, right?
but this is not a dota topic so...
haha, but even in his credit section he uses BS. I mean seriously, he claimed he wrote everything in the current map from scratch. As far as I can tell, all he did is add a few features and copy data around when he swapped terrains. Obviously he didn't write it all from scratch because some of the original content is still in there.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Dino.pl said:
Hmm, I've registered there and spammed their Polish Forum a little.
^ You are from Poland and flame whole community for one person acts :nuts:
Dino.pl said:
> dont start a war before we have to, you'll just complicate things for the admins
Sorry, I'm stupid
^ Thats better :)
DDRtists said:
Im going to post there, to see whats up.

I wanna see if I can get Elf to reply :p :cool:

EDIT: My post = Pwn :cool:
EDIT2: I Should just report them to blizzard to see if they will do anything about the private server :p
^ Whats up with private server(s), did it something to you ? It' s good Europe server with best bandwidth. Don' t be so dum to destroy whole community beacause of one person post(s) :banghead:
I have played in that server really long time ( Usualy custom games- DotA) and nothing to complain.
Battlemapsta said:
Why can't the smart people develop this code worder.

:The process:

1. Make a word
2. Activate the new [Word Lock] option
3. Type a password

There you go.
^ Is it hard to take PrintScrn or type by hand it ?
Battlemapsta said:
What I mean is for example a sig that can't be removed without figuring out a password. So you can just make a pass in which can contain a total amount of like 100 characters. That many characters is impossible to figure out.
I think you don't have to ask that anymore ;)
^ American government supercomputer(s) can brake that password in no time so... If you really want to then you can do it.
For last have someone of you tryed to MP him and ask whats with no credit thing ? And if he is mod it dosn' t represent everyone's opinon or property theft.
EDIT: I forgot to say about DotA & IceFrog credits, someone here mentioned he gives credits although he hasn' t added into credit section even who made new minimap artwork. Still I managed to get that info from changelog ( Had to find it from DotA portal, even for that I registered to get near archive *sigh*). When he someday adds credits for all people who' s code or idea is in game that page would be as huge as this thread.

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
^ American government supercomputer(s) can brake that password in no time so... If you really want to then you can do it.
How do you know so much about american government supercomputers?

F

fratleyslaye

Lolll It doesn't take an american government super computer to ***Break*** a password. I have a program that finds the password in minutes that i logged into school computers and crashed them awhile back :p

D

Dino.pl

> there is no need for you to 'take the law in your own hands'.
Damn...
I love "taking law in my own hands" :/

EDIT: Hey, my thread has 14 replies :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.