[System] Spell Building System

duyen

Reaction score
Basically Spell Building System, or SBS for short, is a powerful system full of useful "templates" designed by me, to allow the people that have less creativity, time, or knowledge to design spells that look great. It allows much flexibility and even if you base two spells off the same "template" you could change the options around that they'd look like completely different spells.

Implementation instructions: (Kinda useless before I actually release the system to implement...)

All spells were made for the spell forum at thehelper.net

Spell Requirements:

No Requirements as long as you have the option "Automatically create
unknown variables while pasting trigger data" checked under
File>Preferences>General

Implementation Instructions:

1. Go to the variable editor and make all the spells that use array
variables to match the ones that are in this map. (e.g. If the
template you have requires a variable that uses an array of X,
then go to variable editor in your map and set it to X.)

2. Copy the trigger of the spell type you want to use,
then paste them into your map.

3. This system was created by Anman64, and credit goes to Tinki3 for
the testing map.​

Anyhow so far I have,

Line Spell Template - This part of SBS allows you to make spells that cause special effects in front of you, dealing damage to enemies.
Circle Spell Template - This part of SBS allows you to make spells that cause special effects around you, dealing damage to enemies.
Coded Summoning Template - This part of SBS allows you to summon units easily and efficiently. This can be much more powerful then Blizzard Default Spells if developed properly.

I know I'm repeating myself but once this is done you could be able to make a whole map worth of spell (50-100) out of just this system.

Well that pretty much sums it up for now. ;)

1.00 is going to be coming out sometime before January 10th.

Just so people get a feel of it, i'll post code for Line Spell Template, keep in mind I will be updateing regularly and it will be even more flexible then it is right now.
Code:
SBS Line Spell
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to <Your Spell Name Here> 
    Actions
        -------- LS_Interval = Amount of space between each effect. --------
        -------- LS_Range = Range for damage. --------
        -------- LS_SFXCount = Number of SFX that appear in front of you that deal damage. --------
        -------- LS_TimeInterval = Time between each SFX occurs. Note: If this is set to zero disable the wait in this trigger. --------
        -------- LS_Damage = Damage dealt around SFX to units in range. --------
        -------- LS_StunOn = Determines whether units are stunned or not. --------
        -------- LS_StunDuration = How long the ability stuns. 1 = .1 seconds 2 = .2 seconds etc... Max of 100. --------
        Set LS_StunDuration = 20
        Set LS_StunOn = True
        Set LS_TimeInterval = 0.50
        Set LS_Damage = 100.00
        Set LS_Interval = 100.00
        Set LS_Range = 50.00
        Set LS_SFXCount = 5
        Set LS_Points[361] = (Position of (Triggering unit))
        Set LS_Angle = (Facing of (Triggering unit))
        For each (Integer A) from 1 to LS_SFXCount, do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Set LS_Points[(Integer A)] = (LS_Points[361] offset by (LS_Interval x (Real((Integer A)))) towards LS_Angle degrees)
                Special Effect - Create a special effect at LS_Points[(Integer A)] using Abilities\Spells\Orc\WarStomp\WarStompCaster.mdl
                -------- Change this to vary the SFX that occur. --------
                Set LS_Group = (Units within LS_Range of LS_Points[(Integer A)] matching (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True))
                Unit Group - Pick every unit in LS_Group and do (Actions)
                    Loop - Actions
                        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                            If - Conditions
                                LS_StunOn Equal to True
                            Then - Actions
                                Set LS_StunPoint = (Position of (Picked unit))
                                Unit - Create 1 Dummy Unit for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at LS_StunPoint facing Default building facing degrees
                                Unit - Set level of Stun  for (Last created unit) to LS_StunDuration
                                Unit - Add a 3.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
                                Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Mountain King - Storm Bolt (Picked unit)
                                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_LS_StunPoint)
                            Else - Actions
                        Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Picked unit), dealing 500.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
                        -------- This is type of damage --------
                Custom script:   call DestroyGroup(udg_LS_Group)
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_LS_Points[bj_forLoopAIndex])
                Wait LS_TimeInterval seconds
                -------- Disable this if you have "LS_TimeInterval" set to 0.00 --------
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_LS_Points[361])

Arcane

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Vexorian Spell Factory

Code:
 Nova        : Ring of moving spells
 TimedBarrel : Thing that explodes and does something after some time
 AntiOrb     : Passive abilities that make stuff happen when a unit is damaged and chance/cooldown conditions are true
 Charge      : Hero moves towards a direction
 FireSpawner : Spawn N flames at the target location (it is an auxiliar spell)
 Shield      : Missiles that sorround the unit and protect it
 Aura        : Aura template, add abilities with or without icons to the units close to the hero that match a condition
 Spiral      : A missile that moves using an spiral patern
 Beam        : Spells like shockwave
 Cone        : Spells like forked lightning or breath of fire
 SpellCast   : The 'Universal' spell template, use missiles, area of effect, channeling whatever you like to cast N spells
               over the units that match a condition.
 Wave        : Kind of like SpellCast but uses an effect and goes towards a line pattern
 Toggleable  : Add N passive abilities (with or without icon) during a self castable- buff.
 Slash       : Make the hero attack and teleport N times against a group of units
 Jump        : Spells that involve a jump
 ChannelAura : Spells like Big Bad Voodoo.
 Chain       : Spells like chain lightning / healing wave

He's got it all covered.

cr4xzZz

Also known as azwraith_ftL.
Reaction score
I didn't quite understood that... You mean that we choose what our abilities will do, right? Like making Storm Bolt with poison effect?

OR

Lots of templates (with different effects) similar to your Coded Summoning Template ?

duyen

Reaction score
Yes lots of templates like CST but so many more, and at the vexorian thing, well I never had heard of it and it dosen't really seem like what I'm doing except for maybe the beam...

But anyhow this is more for users that don't know JASS.

EDIT: Forgot to add CST...

Pyrogasm

There are some who would use any excuse to ban me.
Reaction score
Anman64 said:
I know I'm repeating myself but once this is done you could be able to make a whole map worth of spell (50-100) out of just this system.
...right. And every single spell would do damage to enemies with different visual effects arranged in patterns. What you're doing is fusing Vexorian's Spell Factory (minus the nearly limitless functionality that it supports) with Daelin's Graphic System (minus the usage with a couple lines of code).

My opinion is that it's not worth it.

duyen

Reaction score
>What you're doing is fusing Vexorian's Spell Factory (minus the nearly limitless functionality that it supports) with Daelin's Graphic System (minus the usage with a couple lines of code).

I am? I never saw those before until now.

>And every single spell would do damage to enemies with different visual effects arranged in patterns

No. Sure some of them would but not ones like CST. Also Circle and Line spells will have options to stun and more, not "just do damage"

Also, please remember this is in GUI, those are both in JASS.

W!†A_cRaft

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
You could group up the units and than after damaging them removing them from group... this would prevent units to get damaged by 2 effects... at least that is what i did when i was making a line based spell for my map...

duyen

Reaction score
They are suppose to be able to get hit by 2 effects, but you can space the effects apart so units won't be...

Made as designed.

duyen

Reaction score
Nope mine doesn't use gamecache, or anything else you have to download for that matter.

duyen

Reaction score
Very Basic? Just look at my Line Spell for an example. I don't know what you think is basic but you can judge.

Basically all these spells will do damage and have an option to do some condition or multiple conditions like poison\stun etc.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.