Tell Us Your Story When You First Used The Editor

FhelZone

Have a drink of a nice cold mellowberry juice!
Reaction score
Oh, yeah, I just am not used to using them xD I think that people already knows that it is in my own opinion, anyway, I shall read your stories.

Edit - Well it turns out that people wanted some naval units in the melee maps xD

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
WE are family!! Come down and hang with me! ~~ (a song)

Once upon a lovely day, with freshly blooming roses lifting the atmosphere around me, I got dumped by a girlfriend.

Vowing to myself that I will change from that incident, I carried myself to the front of the computer, not knowing what to do. Heartbroken, I had myself banned in TheHelper.net, as the account name tom_mai78101.

Due to the leaving of TheHelper.net, I stumbled upon a CD that my friend gave me, who wrote a note saying to cheer up. Reluctantly to use the CD, I sat down on the couch, watching the news to find out that my girlfriend died of a car accident. How grieving it is to end a life in such a way!

I cried, and cried through the times; the happy times that I used to play with her, the merrily times I used to laugh with her, and the romantic times I had dinner with her.

For over 2 years of loneliness, I got my courage back, and turned on the computer that was abandoned a while back. I wanted to erase the history I had with me in the computer, so I went to Program Files to see the diaries I kept hidden from her shining eyes. Just as I was deleting the last bit of it, I came to a shortcut, named Warcraft 3.

I felt pity how this little folder was hidden in my diaries for that long, so I opened it to find a glumly-looking face. The green sad tears slowly came down across his cheeks; I realized I'm sitting too close to the monitor.

After wiping away the bursting heat of my breath off the monitor, I clicked on his face, just to show him that I still care about him. With a white arrowhead turned into a white hand with two fingers outstretched, the hand itself pointed me to a treasure map I was about to delete.

I wondered what would a curious pirate would do to the map, and thought of how I checked out on her through the keyhole in her bedroom. Nah! I shook the weird feeling off of myself and straighten out my pants. I opened the map and out came a trumpet noise. What was that? A treasure once lost was found? It painfully shocked my ears to hear someone blowing trumpets to cheer on for me. Curious at the source of the sound, I turned my head around and accidentally knocked off the speaker to the floor. Someone, or something is telling me to go back to the computer.

What a dusty place! All sand, lust, and cracked grounds of dirt, this is just like a ghost town, dying to be revived. I gave it my resources, my troops, and my people. I gave it trees to bring life to him. I gave him grasses to swell down its dusty face. I gave it water because it was so thirsty. It gave me an ice cream from the refrigerator to cool my passion.

All that's left was to make sure it is alive. I tick the check box of the Bible to tell God to make him move. Sure he did, he closed my monitor, and with a blue stream of glistering bar moving across, the bar turned into a world of power. Those who dared to stay alive fights for their lives.

All that action pack of glory set me down glistening tears of hope on my cheeks; my eyes, full of great victory, was somehow blurring me away from the fact that I'm still here. I tried to wipe the water in my eyes, but couldn't resist the urge to cry, cry for my love. I stood there, leaning against the wall, looking at the thermometer, which is showing 32 degrees Celsius. My sweat, my tears, mixed with sadness, is now a puddle of life on the floor. My computer, too shocked of my behavior to regain consciousness, dies without telling me.

I lost $459.99 dollars on that single day. A paycheck I had paid to my love for a ticket to Heavens.

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
EDIT: Tom, seriusly, your girlfriend died in a accident? Of so, I feel very sorry for you.

My story;

It all started when a friend of mine came home to me, we were playing RoC, I think Line Tower Wars.
Well, we became tired of it, and I was a little bored, so I went into the warcraft folder.
There it was, the editor. I double clicked it, and it opened. I went all crazy, I had never seen anything like that!
We made our first map; "A Different Footman", a crappy melee map based on the Underground tileset.
People hated it, the terrain were crappy, and we didn't know AI or triggers yet.

Well, some days after, I opened the WE again, this time making a map called "Square Hero Wars", also a crappy map, where everyone had the same Hero, who were fregging overpowered. I still didn't knew the triggers..
Yes, I said overpowered.. You may didn't think it, but this means that I had learned the ways of almighty "Object Editor"!!!
Wow :cool:

Well, I searched on WE - TD on google.. The first thing there came were a TD tut on world editor tutorials.. I understanded nothing.. What were all this?

I clicked a new thing.. Hero Selection?
This tut were the thing which tought me triggers, and from there I were magicly bound to WE.
After a month, I created a Hero Wars map, called Hero Wars Immortal.
The map went well, and it were filled with mid-high complicated GUI triggers..

But I became tired of it, so I made a TD; complete fiasco.
I were all f*cked. I had no ideas.
I went to the internet for the first time in a looong time.
I played DotA, I hated it. But still, there were something with it..
It gave me multiple ideas.. And that was when, I started making my first AoS map; War of the Legends..

This made me make even more AoS, I loved it, and my terraining skills became better and better. Now I started working on the map called Infiltration of the Mountains, which I still work on..
Well, I became a little bored of it, so I made The World of Bane, which is my latest, and best project.

But failiures can happen, and the terrain of "TWoB" were a comeplete failiure, so I made a new terrain, with a all new tileset, Barrens, which I still work on.

TWoB is now getting a new tileset, a new name, and new units..

I hope you enjoyed my story.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
I tried adding humor to it, but I failed as a role model in storytelling.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
She died while young. We both were in preschool, uh doing something I don't think I'll ever know.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Why that crazy? It's just me and she, standing closely inside a small, dark, plastic toy building, everyone is too far away to notice us. There's only one opening, which is the door, which is shut tight by her. Me, a Taiwanese, and her, an African-American, doing something I don't know. Help me out by solving this mystery of my past and I'll give you a +rep.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Short and to the point, I'm impressed by that.

Offending the name of justice, I call towards Love, my goddess of War, also the Warrrior of the Nights.

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
My simple story (regards most of my editting 'career' :D)
An old friend of mine (CrazyNutter) was making a Hero Arena map with some pretty cool spells, and I wanted to add something to the map so I started messing around in WE with changing spells stats, but that got fairly boring so I started to get to work with triggers

Triggers, they were incredibly horrible to me at the beginning. My 5-line teleport-damage trigger didn't work because the action's order was wrong... then came my 30-40 line impale nova spell before I ever learned of loops (and leaks) ^^. Then, my spells just progressively progressed from there, with a number of memorable spells (my OMG BIG ROCK spell which turned the caster into a rock and moved them towards a point before damaging enemy units in the way, and my Shoop Da Whoop spell, which was a -fairly- accurate depiction of what it would be like to shoop da whoop in WC3).

My editting continued from there, but it was exclusively triggering as spells are always fun to make, and I enjoyed showing off the spells I made to friends on B.Net. My spell triggering has continued until now, and as you may have seen, I have progressed quite a long way to become the GUI spellmaking master that I am ;p.

And I hope that my GUI spellmaking days will continue into the future. It may be supposedly slower (both in the making of the spells and the triggers working) than JASS but it's still fun, and I have made some pretty cool stuff that others think are good and that'f be one of the biggest things in the end

trb92

Throwing science at the wall to see what sticks
Reaction score
Heh... Here's my pathetic but true story:

I had used the AoE and AoM editors before(Both of which suck in comparison, so I recommened you NEVER use them), so I thought I knew what I was doing.
Me and a friend of mine were messing around in warcraft, when he dared me that I couldn't ever beat 11 Computer (Insane)'s in a map. So I, being the asshole I am, found the Warcraft 3 world editor, opened up a 12 player map, made a custom footman that did 1200000(The number of 0's might be off, but it was a ridicoulous amount of damage) chaos damage, placed it in my base, then started up the map and proved to my friend that I could beat the computer, after all!

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, that's just giving you an edge in battle.

In fact, playing against a team of 11 computers in a melee map, may cause you to die within 3 minutes flat, unless you know what you're doing for each 0.01 seconds of game time.

ertaboy356b

Old School Gamer
Reaction score
I'm familiar with starcraft triggers and just gave warcraft a try.. That's how I discovered it.. ehehehe

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
I was familiar with the age of mythology editor.
A friend told me the warcraft editor was way better, and it is.
Got kinda addicted to this editor (you'll understand if you see how good it is compared to the ago of mythology one)

S

SioxerNic

My story:
I had gotten ROC and I had tryid all the various maps on Battle.net, I was thinking "Hey I can do that better" and I started doing a map (without any sketch as I usually do), a TD that should be more competive, as you had to defend your lane and produce units to attack other lanes (or use for defence) (NO NOT LIKE TD's where you can't control them) All 3 lanes were connected and I had the basic idea based on Diablo, I thought this would be easy, but neither the units nor any of the stuff I did went well, so the project was abandoned. Then a half year ago I got my hands on ROC and TFT and I thought, why not try mapping again?
I first started some small melee maps for long siege games (endless resources). Those went well, though never published. I then started my current project, based on Bleach in a style never seen before, with Quincy, Arrancar / Hollows, and Shinigami fighting over a little town. This is going pretty well but halfly abandoned atm. Then I started an overnight project I named Naga War based upon the Naga race, which is complete and published at Hive, After that I had that brilliant idea while playing a Risk map, and afterwards Civilisation Wars, I was wondering why there weren't any maps based on Sid Meyer's Civilisations / Alpha Centauri, and that is what I'm working on now, almost complete, only have to add a hell lot of units and do some boring research triggering XD Though Solar Conquest is in progress and doing very well, though no testers :(, when done I expect to complete the Bleach map :)

My entire tire story :) Though not as long and great as yours :p

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
I first touched the RoC editor, and played around with Terrain Editor and Object Editor.
The first unit I made was Mega Archer :p (guess how young I was that time)
Just an archer with super damage, HP, speed, etc.
Then I made river, forest, etc.
Then I made a very random map (that's a few weeks after touching it)
Then learned Basic Triggering, and created this TD.

A few months later, I created Creeps Unite.
Kept changing things, and then stopped.
Last year in May, I continued it again :p until December
Now it's practically dead.

And here are my very first maps :p
(you don't need to try them, they are as bad as hell and full of random crap)

Attachments

• (3)The H0kag3 Adventure.w3m
    111.3 KB · Views: 139
  • (1)Straight TD.w3m
    37.2 KB · Views: 141
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.