Tell Us Your Story When You First Used The Editor

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow. let me guess how old you are back then. 14, I guess.

I'm going to test the maps around. Anything up, and I'll post here.

Monsterous

In the Shadows, Lurking.
Reaction score
Here is my story.

Got the game at the age of 8, and had played it for years and years, going off and on it. When i came to the age of 13, i had a friend in the game who was really good at the editor, who was making mazes. He gave me a Sit and Chat map, and i decided to edit it and play around with it (Back then, me creating a sheep with no sight was "Oh my god! Thats awesome!", after i played around with it, i decided to make my own maze, i played around with it (looked at a tutorial on how to make a maze, then sprouted from there.) which was called Infernal Maze. Then the level data got corrupted and the map was dead. So i played around with it even more, got into variables and integers and so on, making spell-packs and just having fun with it. Still learning stuff to this day :D
Short story i know, but oh well.

Reaction score
I don't remember very well.. but it goes somehow like this: Bought Warcraft 3, installed it, opened editor, opened trigger editor, created a new directory, created a new trigger, began to write vJass codes.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
I wonder what kind story would it be if we all start our stories on the same timeline, and at the same date, each being a neighbor across a street? If we can make a sitcom, it might be fun!! :D

Mahucharn

I wear a fez now, fezzes are cool.
Reaction score
thought a map was easy to make, took one look at the triggers in some map I played at the time, and was like "Ok im out of the map making business, that is unless I can program the models"

FireEffect

Gasp!
Reaction score
When i first opened WE i made a few hundred units on 2 different teams and let them kill each other. Then i saw object editor, trigger editor, etc, and started messing with those. Then i tried to make really advanced things, such as a huge hero arena. Didnt work to well. I quit on that. Tried to make a TD, i quit on that too. Two more hero arenas, 2 more maps that i quit. So after that i decided to make a simple maze, i got the triggers and the design. It had some bugs and design problems, so i quit that too. So i left WE for a while, and came back about 8 months later. Made one last hero arena, completed it except for some triggers that my friend was gunna do, my friend quit wc3 so he couldnt do them, i was too unexperienced to do them, so i eventually quit that too. So i overall quit WE and eventually quit wc3. Mostly, i still skin and once in a while make a small map. (pfft, paragraphs...)

FrozenShadow

I am a WolfieeifloW fan.
Reaction score
At first, I opened World Editor...

and I just created an tiny sized map... and I put Illidan and Maiev together, Neutral hostile vs my character, had 999999 stats, 999999 damage, and lifesteal, but -50 armor each, so I made the battle... no one died.... cause 999999 Agi gave tons of armor + lifestyle, so I made a spell, it was blizzard, and I tried making the things that fall the animation for transmute xD. 999999 Damage, when It tried it, it only caused them to go to red life, which they gained really really fast... so I tried an Impale, the animation was a Spirit Breaker, I thought it was funny, so I killed illidan! w00t... so I was so happy that I never knew I clicked one thing, it said: 'Trigger Editor' so... I did something cool... Every 1 second of the game, create 12 sheep for neutral hostile at center of playable map, so I created a hero, 1 life, but immolation 1000 damage, I gave the sheep 1 attack and 400 range, I made the permanent immolation 399 aoE, and I had so much fun, seeing if I would survive xD...and I didn't... the sheeps spawned too fast and they got a chance to release their invisible attack of doom xD

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.