System Terrain Generator

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
*Sirens* *Thread is rushed in the emergency room* "Quick! Get the Bump Machine! Ready... CLEAR!" *Zap* .... "It worked! It's back!" *Cheers*

Anyway, I think I should get a prize for starting this flood of terrain generators. :p

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
im ready to DL it, but this makes me stop "The new terrain does not show up on the minimap."

im a terrainer, and i always get tired when making some cool looking random terrain in some large maps, that cause bad looking terrain, i heard this thread and seems its nice, it gives all the work for u, but hearing "The new terrain does not show up on the minimap." makes me fell tired again...

and i really thought it was a program after all, but when i scrolled down, i saw a giant wall of triggers....

but anyways, +rep cause this can help other people except me...:p

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Anyway, I think I should get a prize for starting this flood of terrain generators. :p

Really? I thought you should get shot! Ha! >_<
Lol, this is a pandemic not a miracle. One is enough. More than enough really, I think a 3rd party program that terrains in WE for you would be better.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Once I learn and completely read Visual C++/C++ For Dummies (Yes, I have that book, the ending is quite predictable towards people like me :p), I'll take a shot at making one. Maybe. I'm not sure. :D

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You might want to add in Doodads also :p

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> You might want to add in Doodads also

You weren't talking to me with that, right? That's been discussed.

Come on! I'll bet there are things I could do better! Give me some! (No, I'm not going to convert doodads to destructables for the demo map. If someone wants to do it themselves, be my guest.)

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
What's JASS?

I think I'm going to have to wait on that. I need some more experience before I do it.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
I guess you can add special effects with doodad models that are like "doodads". Of course, that would leak. xD

And weather/fog.

And Jass.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Didn't dhk add doodads?

In the form of destructibles, with the correct field checked they can't be destroyed.

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> Didn't dhk add doodads?

Yes. But I'm not.

Because it makes it more difficult to implement.

The way it is, you just switch out your terrain types and destructables.
If I were to create new destructables, then someone that has a different tileset would have to change them all to make them fit that tileset.
I think it has more flexibility without doodads.

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
This could be really helpful for my map Ghan, would you mind if I use the coding for my FF7 Murder Mystery map? I plan to randomize the ground around the center, then keep the center the same, since that will be the spawn point for the "victims".

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> would you mind if I use the coding for my FF7 Murder Mystery map?

Not at all. That's what it's here for. Though, I am in the process of converting the triggers to JASS. If you want, you can wait for that version, which will be, of course, more efficient and generally better.

Knocksious

Sweet, I got 2 little green bars!
Reaction score
I like it Ghan

I am kinda doing the same thing, but only with randomly generated regions, not the entire map, however, I like the way yours LOOKS a lot better than the garbage mine churns out. Is there any way to set yours to only work on a certain region?

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
> Is there any way to set yours to only work on a certain region?

It's all set up for you. There is a region variable called AffectedRegion. Just set that to what you want, run the triggers, and it will only generate terrain in that region. Though, it's not exact. It will exceed the boundaries a little, so don't expect a perfect square. :p

Ghan

Staff member
Reaction score
The time has arrived.

YES! IT HAS HAPPENED!!

I'm not kidding here, folks.

Ghan has done something... big.

He has:

USED JASS! :p

Yes. The system now has a JASS version.

But.

GET OFF ME! Of course, I don't expect it to be anywhere close to perfect. But it works. And it's quite a sight nicer that what it used to be. :p

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The end result is quite nice.

Great job.

Just one problem: I removed the waits (In case someone wants to make that terrain generator instant) and it didn't create the destructibles.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.